• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • have 2 1/2 boxes full of mawhiles and still no shiny... using a jap mawhile and a eng mawhile... hatching with a flame body talonflame... I don't have the hatching O-Power sadly...

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'm at 620 or so hatched for my Honedge.

Immediately after this I'm going for an Eevee.

Question: If I want to switch one of my breeders to another with better IVs, it won't impact my Shiny hunting right? In other words each and every egg is a dice roll, and the game doesn't take into consideration that you've missed on 600, correct?

Last edited:

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
    Years
  • I'm at 620 or so hatched for my Honedge.

Question: If I want to switch one of my breeders to another with better IVs, it won't impact my Shiny hunting right? In other words each and every egg is a dice roll, and the game doesn't take into consideration that you've missed on 600, correct?

Correct. As far as I know. o.0

Years
  • I'm at 620 or so hatched for my Honedge.

I've actually switched the breeding Froakie around 7 times and still got a shiny, so I'm assuming it doesn't impact shiny hunting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Oh yes! Finally I have my Shiny Honedge after 1600+ eggs hatched! (Lost count as I just wanted it to be over with already..)
    I was so happy that I cried a bit, as the week of nothing but hatching eggs is now finally over!
    So one thing's for sure, I'm not hatching for another Masuda Method Shiny in a loooooooong time!

Just thought I'd let you know that I had an Everstone on one of the breeding Honedges, I don't know if that made things slower or what, but I know that at least like 500 of the hatched were without the Everstone on and still no success in that time, so I just think it all boils down to luck in the end.

Last of all, I want to thank everyone gere who keep on giving encouraging words to the other Masuda Method Maniacs, it definetly kept me going!
    Also a shoutout to LoveSnoopy, the trooper who endured hatching over 2800 eggs to get his Shiny Froakie, and for his replies and for the hatching method that in the end resulted in me getting my Shiny, check it out in his Threads :)

Years
  • Oh yes! Finally I have my Shiny Honedge after 1600+ eggs hatched! (Lost count as I just wanted it to be over with already..)
    I was so happy that I cried a bit, as the week of nothing but hatching eggs is now finally over!
    So one thing's for sure, I'm not hatching for another Masuda Method Shiny in a loooooooong time!

Just thought I'd let you know that I had an Everstone on one of the breeding Honedges, I don't know if that made things slower or what, but I know that at least like 500 of the hatched were without the Everstone on and still no success in that time, so I just think it all boils down to luck in the end.

Last of all, I want to thank everyone gere who keep on giving encouraging words to the other Masuda Method Maniacs, it definetly kept me going!
    Also a shoutout to LoveSnoopy, the trooper who endured hatching over 2800 eggs to get his Shiny Froakie, and for his replies and for the hatching method that in the end resulted in me getting my Shiny, check it out in his Threads :)
    Congrats man! Shiny Honedge looks so cool! Might have to breed one for myself using the Masuda Method in the future. Thanks for the shoutout! Glad that the method worked for you, and that we both finally have our dream shiny Pokemon :)

Years
  • Got my first shiny ever today!!! i tried MMing for a shiny Clauncher (because he's my fav) and gave up after like 173 hatches...
    My friend was telling me that he got not on, but two shiny Claunchers from Chain fishing (I have Y, so I can't chain for Clauncher). Right as I reply complaining that I've never gotten a shiny before, I hatch a cool lil' Munchlax with a shiny red star next to the name :D Best gift from the Poke Gods in my life

Years
  • Oh
    My
    GODDDDDDDDDD AHHHHHHHHHHH

JUST GOT MY SHINY GASTLY ON MY 599TH EGG, AND AFTER ONLY ONE DAY OF HUNTINGGGGGGG

ARGOAIWENMGFO;AIWENFO;IWEANF

Perfect IV's in Defense, Sp. Atk., Sp. Def, and Speed!!!

OHG742z.jpg

tZPPTwZ.jpg

Now.. Should I go for shiny Honedge or no? Think I need a break from breeding, lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    im once agian amassing a pokemon army.... this time of Furfrous.
    lol just looked at my boxes and i have like 10 boxes full of furfrous xD time to release alot into the wild.
    Hatched 550(give or take) furfrous hope a shiny one pops soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'm officially up to 750+ Honedge with no shiny. The hunt continues today.

After this I'm going for Eevee, and then Gastly after that.

Oh, and I already have a Furfrou shiny I got through chaining.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yes, the method works!! I just hatched a shiny Noibat! (it took me 19 eggs, I'm super happy) ! :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Will a japanese ditto + english pokemon work? o.o

Yes, if you have a (for example) Pumpkaboo from your own cartridge and you are from the UK or other European country (or America ofcourse) breeding with a Japanese Ditto will work with the Masuda Method :) If you are within Europe (for example UK) and try to do the Masuda Method with another Pokemon from Europe (let's say Germany) the Masuda Method won't work. It's still another country than yours, but in the same "region" as the game came out. Hope I helped! Good luck with breeding/ Shiny Hunting! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd make an account so I can share my terribly bad luck with all of you. I'm around 1 thousand eggs or so in, trying for a shiny Charmander and I've noticed a couple of you, namely LoveSnoopy, have mentioned a hatching method? I'm using an English Charmander holding an everstone and a Japanese Ditto for the Masuda method, after filling 3 boxes I began releasing them. Is there a quicker way of doing this? I saw something about SRing after you hatch the 5 eggs and repeating but was a little worried it'd generate the same eggs over and over. Can anyone confirm this?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd make an account so I can share my terribly bad luck with all of you. I'm around 1 thousand eggs or so in, trying for a shiny Charmander and I've noticed a couple of you, namely LoveSnoopy, have mentioned a hatching method? I'm using an English Charmander holding an everstone and a Japanese Ditto for the Masuda method, after filling 3 boxes I began releasing them. Is there a quicker way of doing this? I saw something about SRing after you hatch the 5 eggs and repeating but was a little worried it'd generate the same eggs over and over. Can anyone confirm this?

well, yes i can confirm sr'ing for eggs doesnt work in x/y unfortunately :( tried this for myself today actually.. I saved before receiving my egg and it turned out to Be the exact same pokemon with stats, nature etc. :( afraid you'll have to just breed and release ALOT of times of You are unlucky..

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    well, yes i can conform sr'ing for eggs doesnt work in x/y unfortunately :( tried this for myself today actually.. I saved before receiving my egg and it turned out to Be the exact same pokemon with stats, nature etc. :( afraid you'll have to just breed and release ALOT of times of You are unlucky..

I just tried and noticed that, however it only seems to be the same Poke on the first egg, the eggs following are different.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Hatched shiny flabebe after 886 eggs, but it only had 31 in hp and speed. So I tried (surprisingly) again with a different parent and succeeded again after 192 eggs. This time it has 31 in hp, Sp.A, Sp.D. and speed. :)

Glad to find out that everstone and destiny knot really do work together. XD

Think I'll try pumpkaboo next...(maybe).

Back