• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
Years
  • Oh yes! Finally I have my Shiny Honedge after 1600+ eggs hatched! (Lost count as I just wanted it to be over with already..)
    I was so happy that I cried a bit, as the week of nothing but hatching eggs is now finally over!
    So one thing's for sure, I'm not hatching for another Masuda Method Shiny in a loooooooong time!

Just thought I'd let you know that I had an Everstone on one of the breeding Honedges, I don't know if that made things slower or what, but I know that at least like 500 of the hatched were without the Everstone on and still no success in that time, so I just think it all boils down to luck in the end.

Last of all, I want to thank everyone gere who keep on giving encouraging words to the other Masuda Method Maniacs, it definetly kept me going!
    Also a shoutout to LoveSnoopy, the trooper who endured hatching over 2800 eggs to get his Shiny Froakie, and for his replies and for the hatching method that in the end resulted in me getting my Shiny, check it out in his Threads :)

That's awesome! Congratulations! Also, 1600+ with the Matsuda Method...isn't that nearly spot on (at least on paper according to what the chances are lowered to)?

Regardless, I hope you raise it to be a champ! If you don't mind me asking, did you get the nature and stats you'd hoped for? :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I'm trying to get a shiny skrelp with this, in x so cant chain fish, 4 boxes in and no luck. flame body and level 3 hatching power makes it much less tedious though

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    been going strong for a shiny golett using MM + everstone for nature, currently hatched 400 eggs no luck....

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Guys how do you get hatching powers?
    Get all the other O powers then get max style in lumiose, easy way is go to the pokeball boutique in lumiose and buy 100 premier balls 1 at a time, once all thats done go to cafe inversion(not sure if thats the name, but its similar i think) and the o power guy will be there.

on topic: another 2 boxes in. no shiny :/

Years
  • Just hatched my Honedge on my 200th egg. Wanted a male, but got a female :/. Nonetheless, very happy that I can stop breeding now! :)

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • After about 800 egg...!
    Spoiler:

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I am pretty sure this works the same as older gens. I just used a foreign ditto to breed some munchlaxes and got a shiny on the 13th. I think it still works, if not, people have been getting very lucky. I will try and update this post with a pic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    With luckily snagging a Jap Ditto in GTS (for a Fletchling which I have been breeding IVs for no less) I decided to take up MM for a shiny Ghastly! Gotta have that Shiny Mega Gengar! Good luck to all you who are still on the hunt! Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    O____O

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

FINALLY!!!
    after 660 or so eggs. I have finally gotten my furfrou! SHINY!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Gratz on the Furfrou. I got one of those through chaining. I might put it on the trade forum for a shiny Eevee and see if anyone is interested.

I'm around 1000 eggs now with no shiny Honedge

Back