• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
  • I've been trying for a Miltank.

165 eggs hatched so far and nothing yet! I won't give up though! I want my blue Miltank!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Give it time and it will come to you :). Best advice I can give from experience is to not burn yourself out, just have a couple of hours at most then take a break and come back to it later or the next day.

Yeah that's what I plan. Really want my bluish reuniclus badly. But just can't help getting jealous of the others who get it below 100...

Years
  • Yeah that's what I plan. Really want my bluish reuniclus badly. But just can't help getting jealous of the others who get it below 100...

I know how you feel but there's always a silver lining, although it may take a while to get the shiny your after now the next shiny you go for could hatch under 20 eggs. Take the shinys I hatched for example, it took over 600 eggs to get my shiny larvitar but only 30 for my squirtle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I know how you feel but there's always a silver lining, although it may take a while to get the shiny your after now the next shiny you go for could hatch under 20 eggs. Take the shinys I hatched for example, it took over 600 eggs to get my shiny larvitar but only 30 for my squirtle.

Thanks for keeping my morale up. At 240 now and it's 2am. Will call it a night and continue later. ..

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I've hatched two shiny Pokemon so far! A shiny Dedenne and a shiny Squirtle. The Dedenne completely caught me by surprise since I wasn't trying to go for a shiny one (I only bred it with a out of country Ditto because it was more compatible with it than my own Ditto lol). The Squirtle I was trying to get for a friend. I hatched both in at least under twenty eggs!

I really want to try going for other shinies such as Froakie and Honedge, but I don't know if I'll be as lucky as I have been. Plus I want both to have perfect IVs, and I have a fear that if I do get a shiny one the IVs wont be perfect. o:

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Hey, I don't think this will work for the Masuda Method. If I'm accurate, I believe you need (indeed) one of the parents to be caught in your own game cartridge, and the other has to be from another country. Since you live in Europe (or have at least a UK cartridge) you will need another parent to be from i.e. a Japanese cartridge (with the JAP tag in the stats) I believe, because France doesn't count as "the other foreign parent" here, because France is (like UK) also in Europe. So you will need a JAP Pinsir or a JAP Ditto :) Just to be sure ;)

I'm currently breeding for a shiny Fennekin using the Masuda Method, and I have one Fennekin parent of my own cartridge, and the other Fennekin parent is JAP. I'm living in Europe, so I couldn't use a French/German parent etc. either. Hope I helped and good luck! ^_^

Neither parent needs to be caught by YOU. You simply need two Pokemon from differing regions. One parent can be native to your region (it will not display a tag if it is native) but this is not required. You can breed a FRE and JPN, a KOR and GER, an ITA with a SPA, ect ect ect even if you have an English/UK game. However in your English/UK game if you try to breed JPN with JPN or GER with GER, MM will not work because both parents are from the same region (even though they are "foreign" to your game they share the same region tag and therefor MM will not work). MM only dictates that the parents be from differing regions. It doesn't say one parent needs to be something you caught personally, or that one parent MUST be from your region.

Proof: I got an Altaria from WT (native to my region but not caught in my game), bred it with a JAP ditto, and got a shiny Swablu in just under 50 eggs. I hatched my banana yellow Swablu today on my lunch break and was super excited!

My next MM attempt I am going to try to use two foreign Pokemon to prove that I can obtain a shiny without using a parent Pokemon native to my region, because everywhere I read it says "breed one from your game with one from a trade", but I think this is just because it's the easiest way to set up MM breeding. I am convinced two foreign parents can be MM bred as long as they are from different places!

Regarding you being in UK and unable to use FRE/GER Pokemon for MM breeding: do you have any FRE/GER Pokemon you got from trades? If you can see the region tag they should qualify as a parent for MM breeding with one of your own Pokemon.

---

The rest of you considering MM breeding: do it! It may take a while, but finally hatching your shiny baby is worth the struggle of hatching 30, 50, 300 eggs. Plus in the end you have tons of (hopefully) decent babies to throw into the WT and maybe you'll get something neat in return!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Get well rested and hopefully tomorrow will bring you good fortune :).
    new day, continuing my efforts from 240, currently at 260 eggs. Still far...faaaaar away from the most egg count i read, but I can't give up on my solosis now...

Years
  • I've hatched two shiny Pokemon so far! A shiny Dedenne and a shiny Squirtle. The Dedenne completely caught me by surprise since I wasn't trying to go for a shiny one (I only bred it with a out of country Ditto because it was more compatible with it than my own Ditto lol). The Squirtle I was trying to get for a friend. I hatched both in at least under twenty eggs!

I really want to try going for other shinies such as Froakie and Honedge, but I don't know if I'll be as lucky as I have been. Plus I want both to have perfect IVs, and I have a fear that if I do get a shiny one the IVs wont be perfect. o:

If the pokemon your using to breed have perfect IVs that you want to pass on to the hatchlings then give the parents or one of them the item destiny knot as this allows up to 5 IVs to be passed onto the hatchlings. Also if you want your hatchlings to have a specific nature give the parent with the correct nature the item everstone as this will pass that nature onto the hatchlings.

new day, continuing my efforts from 240, currently at 260 eggs. Still far...faaaaar away from the most egg count i read, but I can't give up on my solosis now...

No you cannot, keep going and good luck to you :). I'm currently going for a shiny honedge and at 345 eggs, thankfully I have the walking dead series to watch to keep me going.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Now on the 300th egg... still none, a bit salty... but can't stop anymore, already this far ahead...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I'm currently on the hunt for a shiny Gastly and Honedge using the Masuda Method! Hoping it doesn't take too long. :(
    I wish you good luck, however this method is really taking a toll on my sanity and my fingers, already at 330 eggs and still going... :/

now at 420 eggs, wanna cry T^T

Last edited:

Snork

My cabbages!
    Years
  • So I've been using this method since Soul Silver. Hatched wayyy too many eggs with no luck. I was hatching mareeps (just hit over 100) when I decided to stockpile all my eggs and just hatch them 5 at a time. I had 75 eggs saved up and I got a shiny on my third 0.o I was pretty eggcited. Now I have 2 and a half boxes full of eggs :P
    Poke gods finally gave me something good ^.^

Also, I have a bunch of modest near 3/4 perfect IV mareeps :) So hit me up if you'd like one

Years
  • Keep at it and you'll be so glad you stuck with it when that sparkly gas ball hatches :).

OMFG guess what i just got! Shiny gastly after 854 eggs. Im buzzing at the moment!!!!! And you know what makes it even better it has 5 Max ivs except attack.
    Wow thank you for keeping me motivated i was so close to giving up! Gl on your honedge man!

Here's the beauty.
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Back