• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Ive got hold of a Japanese Ditto to have a (very casual) go at Masuda method, still no luck as of yep but then again Ive only been breeding eggs to get stuff for the pokedex. But Ive got a few shinys chain fishing so its not all bad.

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Since my last post, i'm still going strong with hatching. My last estimate was around 700-800 eggs, I've started to keep every last Pinsir that pops out now, I've hatched an additional 4 boxes since my last post so i'm around 820-920 and still no sign.

I'm starting to hallucinate and see glimmers of blue in these regular brown Pinsirs...i'm having a well deserved rest.

If I ever do get there without giving up, then I will be sure to post my results!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I saw a page on the internet saying this method had about a 1 in 670 chance of getting a shiny.

So hatching 700 without a shiny, while annoying, is entirely possible. I must be on about 60 or so hatches with not so much as a sparkle.

It's approximately 1 in 1,400. So if you're as unlucky as Garlana has been, you'll hatch more than 700 and still not be at the breaking point.

@Garlana, we're rooting for you!! Please let us know when you get your shiny baby and how many eggs it took!

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • It's approximately 1 in 1,400. So if you're as unlucky as Garlana has been, you'll hatch more than 700 and still not be at the breaking point.

@Garlana, we're rooting for you!! Please let us know when you get your shiny baby and how many eggs it took!

That isn't true, the odds have been bumped up to around 1/800 for gen IV due to the halved shiny rate. Though it's still the average of around 1300 eggs for most people.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • To avoid pc storage problems cant you just save, hatch, and turn of your system and keep going?
    Yup, it recommended that when you save in front of the day care guy, you reject the first egg as it always will be the same regardless. However, if the first is shiny, then don't reject it. So in short, get the five egg, look at the first egg after it hatch and take note of it characteristic. Reset, get five egg and hatch them. You should notice the first one is the same. So you reject unless it was shiny.

Well after 109 egg, I got this sexy beast.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I use my reject babies as WT fodder if they are something neat/useful/rare or a starter. I traded away all my reject Charmanders and Tyrunts, but released all the Gastlys. I got some pretty good stuff in return, and of course a boatload of Flabebes and Bunnelbys that I also released to get them out of the WT network.

I've noticed the PC expands as I fill up more boxes. I'm currently at 31 regular boxes, plus the battle box. I'm not sure if it will expand past 31 but at the rate I'm filling it up with babies, I will find out soon!

@Pumpkaboo: I didn't know they diminished the wild shiny rate and upped the hatch rate to make up for it. That's kind of neat, and will make it easier to hatch shiny babies than it was previously. Where did you hear this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    I've just started breeding Chespins, hatched about 3 eggs so far with 3 more in my party. Planning on trading away the ones I don't want to keep. I'm honestly not sure how many eggs I'll have the patience to hatch! :P

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • @Pumpkaboo: I didn't know they diminished the wild shiny rate and upped the hatch rate to make up for it. That's kind of neat, and will make it easier to hatch shiny babies than it was previously. Where did you hear this?

The wild rate is 1/4000, MM is still the same so it increases the chances by 5, which makes it around an 800 chance! MM hasn't changed at all, only the game's shiny rate itself.

Years
  • just hatched 250 eggs and no shiny yet.. come on froakie just give me a shiny... i traded most of them in wonder trades and got nothing in return so like brenda i threw the rest in a garbage can except for 5 females lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The wild rate is 1/4000, MM is still the same so it increases the chances by 5, which makes it around an 800 chance! MM hasn't changed at all, only the game's shiny rate itself.

Is this actually confirmed? I've heard rumors all over the internet that the shiny rate has decreased, but no one can agree on by how much and that it only effects the friend safari not wild encounters.

I did find a shiny bunnelby on my play through of x in the wild, but I just chalked that up to luck.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • 234 Eggs hatched and no shiny Vulpix yet~ I store the non shinies in my pc box and give them all into the Wonder trade or friends. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Those of you who use WT, is it safe to use it again? I used it for a while until I heard of that glitch/hack with the bad eggs traded through WT. I want to use it again because I got a lot pokemon with good IVs i'd like to send into the WT while I breed for my shiny.

I haven't followed the news on this, I just stopped using WT just to be safe until I got the all clear.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • I've been using it pretty extensively lately and I haven't had any issues with the bad eggs. I don't know if it's 100% safe, but it seems like a lot of the issue has been resolved.

ZEIT

Es ist ZEIT!
    Years
  • I got a shiny Charmander with 5IV after breeding IVs first and then using the Pokemon-game of my roommate for the Masuda method.
    After using the MM it took me far less than 100 eggs for the shiny, maybe even less then 50, I do not remember now.
    Then breeding some japanese Noibats with 5IV for a friend I tried to get a shiny Noibat, too. But as I do not really want one, I gave up at egg 100 or so.

BTW.: My game is Japanese, those of my friends German.

Last edited:

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • I'm still going...still failing hard, over 1000+ eggs now, I haven't counted them up yet but I haven't been releasing either and I've got a good 4-5 boxes full since last post.
    I've been looking around at posts here and elsewhere but couldn't find anything concrete to state that Masuda works with everstone/destiny knot. I don't want to stop using both items, but it would explain my bad luck. However I guess I cant complain until after the 1300ish egg has been hatched.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • I'm still going...still failing hard, over 1000+ eggs now, I haven't counted them up yet but I haven't been releasing either and I've got a good 4-5 boxes full since last post.
    I've been looking around at posts here and elsewhere but couldn't find anything concrete to state that Masuda works with everstone/destiny knot. I don't want to stop using both items, but it would explain my bad luck. However I guess I cant complain until after the 1300ish egg has been hatched.
    I think it been said that Masuda Method does work with destiny knot and everstone. Keep going, it be worth in the long run.

ZEIT

Es ist ZEIT!
    Years

I had been using both items for my Charizard, so don't give up!

Back