• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • If you want a particular nature and IV stats equip the parent with the nature you want your hatched pokemon to have with the everstone and the parent with the most/best IV stats with the destiny knot. As for breeding a shiny it comes down to luck so just keep at it, it will be worth it in the end :).

Also to help keep you motivated check this thread out:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310641

Good luck

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Yo i am italian and can hatch you a nearly flawless teddiursa (if you trade me over your ENG parents i think it will be muuch faster for me, and of course i would like you too to hatch an egg from 2 ITA parents that i will give you for my purposes :D)
    Just pm me so we will discuss

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2013
    Hi guys, I'm new here ^-^ May I join you?

I decided to try the Masuda Method when I got a japanese Ralts... I got a shiny at egg #70!
    Same thing with Froakie... I got one with the ability 'protean', and I got a shiny at egg #80, but with torrent, so a few days later I decided to try to get another shiny Froakie using the very same parents... I'm at egg #330 now and still no luck ;-;

Ps. Sorry if my english is a bit off... It's not my first language :3

Hey guys, i'm italian so sorry for my english.
    Btw i tried Masuda method yesterday and after 3 hours i hatched a shinyAdamant Charizard with 31 IVs on HP, Def, Speed with egg move Dragondance and Outrage. Now i'm booking for a shiny greninja but i nerd your help. Can someone trade me a female DW froakie, i'll give you an Adamant Charmander 5IVs (no 31iv in Atk, sorry).
    Of you are interessed please reply ^^

What do you mean DW? If you are talking about the hidden ability, I can help ^-^ I have plenty of female Froakies with Protean :3

If that's not what you meant then please ignore my post :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • 250 Froakie eggs, nothing yet. I need motivation.

Keep going fella, once you evolve froakie into it's final evolution you'll see all that effort paid off and was worth it in the end. In the meantime while your waiting for it to hatch try watching some of your favourite tv shows, listening to music and so on.

Keep your spirits up, the poke gods will bless you with a shiny soon enough :).

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    I'm at about 70 or so Eggs trying to hatch a shiny Mawile and so far no luck. Hopefully I'm doing this right: Bred a JAP Ditto and a USA Mawile - I have Mawile holding an Everstone so that its nature is Adamant. I saved before talking with the guy and hatch a box worth and hatch 'em 5 at a time - if no shiny hatches I reset and try again. I am doing it right--RIGHT :D

Quick question.

Say I aim to hatch a shiny Froakie WITH its hidden ability Protean. How do I pass-on its nature and hidden ability? Does it have to be female or will a simple Everstone work?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Natures are passed down with the Everstone hold item. Abilities passed down appear to be related to the mother's (or if you are breeding with a Ditto, the non-Ditto's)ability, however if the mother has a Hidden Ability, some babies will have it while others do not. Example: I bred the Mystery Gift Torchic w/ Hidden Ability to get some baby Torchics. Some babies had the Hidden Ability while some babies had the default Ability, Blaze.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    So...

Greninja (F) with Protean and Adamant nature
    Held Item: Everstone

+

Japanese Ditto with a Bashful nature

... many Eggs later.

=

Shiny Froakie with Protean OR Shiny Froakie with Torrent.​

Is that pretty much the formula?

Or can it be male? I'm new to breeding so excuse my noobness :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Finally got my shiny blue Miltank yesterday at 687 eggs! :) Working on a shiny Eevee now!

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I'm at about 70 or so Eggs trying to hatch a shiny Mawile and so far no luck. Hopefully I'm doing this right: Bred a JAP Ditto and a USA Mawile - I have Mawile holding an Everstone so that its nature is Adamant. I saved before talking with the guy and hatch a box worth and hatch 'em 5 at a time - if no shiny hatches I reset and try again. I am doing it right--RIGHT :D

Quick question.

Say I aim to hatch a shiny Froakie WITH its hidden ability Protean. How do I pass-on its nature and hidden ability? Does it have to be female or will a simple Everstone work?

As far as I'm aware, a pokemon's nature, IV's and shininess (or lack thereof) are determined once the daycare man gives you the egg. Most likely, you're simply hatching the exact same set of pokemon over and over. To make sure, check the IV's of the first 5 pokemon you hatch, then reset and do the same.

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
  • I've got two so far, both of which I got unintentionally. Since I have a Japanese Ditto with 5/6 IVs I always use it at some point when I'm IV breeding which I guess caused me to hatch a shiny Sableye a few days ago and a Honedge this morning.
    Spoiler:

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    After having the luckiest time with shinys, i think my luck has finally run its course. In my efforts to collect my team of shinys of my favorite pokemon, I've finally hit a wall trying to get my Eevee for my shiny Umbreon and i'm not having as good of luck as i have had. i just broke 100 and i think i'm looking at a long run here.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • After having the luckiest time with shinys, i think my luck has finally run its course. In my efforts to collect my team of shinys of my favorite pokemon, I've finally hit a wall trying to get my Eevee for my shiny Umbreon and i'm not having as good of luck as i have had. i just broke 100 and i think i'm looking at a long run here.

Don't give up! :) You'll get one!

Caiustheblack

Years
  • after the last being so slow (a 680 eggs shiny scyther) i got the shiny tirtouga in less than 100 eggs. and it has solid rock, he is male and he has 4 perfect ivs. Couldnt get any better from MM :)
    By the way, can you suggest me a single pokemon to pair with my tanky tirtouga + megascizor in single battles? maybe something with good speed, sp. attack and good typing?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    750 Froakie eggs. Nothing. I need reassuring I am doing this correctly, this is what I am doing:

Parent Male = Japanese, Protean Male
    Parent Female = My Timid, Protean female holding everstone

This is correct?
    Also what are the odds of a shiney? I heard it went down from last gen. This true?

Caiustheblack

Years
  • 750 Froakie eggs. Nothing. I need reassuring I am doing this correctly, this is what I am doing:

Parent Male = Japanese, Protean Male
    Parent Female = My Timid, Protean female holding everstone

This is correct?
    Also what are the odds of a shiney? I heard it went down from last gen. This true?

Assuming masuda halves luke for other gens, chanchesgo down to a whopping 1/650
    This does not mean you will get every shiny you desire in 600 attempts, but that if you make many shinies with this method your average number will be still below that 650 eggs.
    Obviously eggs' shininess is still RNG ased so you TECHNICALLY have higher chanches if you keep putting every egg you receive into your box until you got a bunch of eggs to hatch (you will want to collect a new egg every time it is available)
    For this reason, i recommend using the best hatching O-power available every time it is ready.

Back