• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Do I keep having to pick up new eggs, or can I just reset the game if the 5 I have on me weren't shiny? The idea being that shiny is calculated on hatching. Is that right, or am I in for lots of trips to the daycare?

Years
  • Do I keep having to pick up new eggs, or can I just reset the game if the 5 I have on me weren't shiny? The idea being that shiny is calculated on hatching. Is that right, or am I in for lots of trips to the daycare?

It's up to you. I save before collecting the first egg then ditch it, collect a batch of 5 and if none are shiny I reset and try again.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I have a question hopefully someone could help answer. This is my first attempt at MM breeding and I've hatched over 700 Eevee. I stopped putting them in the pc after 200 ir so, now im releasing them as they hatch. So I'm wondering if boxing them is necessary or if im doing this right.

Nope, boxing the Pokemon you hatch isn't necessary ^_^ I did the same thing when MM' ing for my shiny Fennekin, when I hatched 5 Eggs at a time, I constantly released them when they weren't shiny ^_^ Saves you a lot of work later because you don't have to empty like 30 boxes xD

Good luck breeding your shiny Eevee!

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • Well, where I lived, a storm is about to come, and what fitting way of getting a shiny. Hello Shiny Absol, the disaster pokemon! ^_^
    Spoiler:

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Does anybody know if you HAVE to breed with a pokemon from your own game(mines UK) and a JPN Ditto, or could i breed say 2 foreign pokemon not from my region? Could i use a Ditto from my game with a foreign pokemon? My most succesful way of acquiring shinies has been through chain fishing (Magikarp, Skrelp, Horsea, Chinchou), got Pancham through Pokeradar and Wingull and Pawniard from horde encounters. But, apart from a VERY lucky shiny Bulbasaur, MM is proving to be extremely stressful so far.
    I am working on getting a Shiny Zorua as well. So far, nothing, but I just started this afternoon (JPN Ditto and AMER Zorua). First to post their shiny?

Cool stuff, well i'm at my 9th box full and still going with no shiny as of yet, i'm not sure how posting pics works here but i shall deff try and post when i get that ever so elusive shiny zorua.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    2,430 eggs and counting. No shiny yet but it has to hatch eventually so no worries, tommorow is Thanksgiving here so I probably won't have time to do more hatching until Friday.

Years
  • ASDFGHJKL FINALLY I GOT MY SHINY PUMPKABOO! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW :') Literally took me all week! It's Careful (Everstone doesn't affect shiny rate, nor does Destiny Knot), 31 IV's in HP ATK SP. DEF and SPEED. So majestic :') It angered me a bit though, I finally decided to obtain 30 eggs, deposit them in a box and then mass hatch them all in Lumiose centre. While piling up the eggs in the box, one decided to hatch early and BAM sexy lingerie purple pumpkin at your service.

To everyone still looking for their shiny, all the best and keep at it! I found a Timid 31 IV in DEF SP. ATK SP. DEF and SPEED Shiny Rotom on my 7th egg unintentionally, so it's definitely a gamble of time and effort. TOTALLY worth it though, competitive shiny are just so much more beautiful than boxed shinies. Do like the rabbit and keep breeding!

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • I finally managed to hatch my shiny honedge after 3 boxes full of eggs. I can't tell you all how happy I am. Here comes shiny aegislash! My next target will probably be phantump.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    After i get my starter Pokemon as shinies i want to get shiny eeveelutions. Does anyone know if you breed an eeveelution does the egg hatch the same eeveelution or does it hatch an eevee?

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • After i get my starter Pokemon as shinies i want to get shiny eeveelutions. Does anyone know if you breed an eeveelution does the egg hatch the same eeveelution or does it hatch an eevee?
    Breeding an eeveelution or eevee always result as an eevee.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I am working on getting a Shiny Zorua as well. So far, nothing, but I just started this afternoon (JPN Ditto and AMER Zorua). First to post their shiny?

I finally managed to hatch me a shiny Zorua. Took me a long 17 boxes but it finally came. Keep at it and you'll hatch yours soon if you haven't already that is. Here's my lil fella,
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

@DduoRyan thanks for letting me know the eevee situation, good to know.

Years
  • Hatched 720 froakies no shiny yet. Ive decided to attempt to hatch a shiny scyther I got a 5iv jap one o wondertrade and a 3iv fs ditto. So wish me luck

Years
  • At 1200 eggs now and still no shiny Ralts. Atleast I got one with nice stats (4 5 6 6 6) if it turned out to be a male one. I'm not giving up yet though.

Last edited:

Pinta77

I'm working on torchic right now, but im not super committed to it. I already got a shiny swanna. It's just i dont know what else to do since i beat the game.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I got my shiny inkay from the masuda method after 90+ eggs, I felt so good about it cause I failed really badly on the other two methods of getting shinies.

Years
  • help with masuda method

I am new to the the forum and the masuda method 7

now i understand the different language region part but one thing confusing me

do you need to keep the hatched pokemon even if they are not shiny?

i have seen so many posts where people have said i have 3 box's full of this pokemon

am i making a mistake wonder trading them away?

Back