• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    The masuda method makes so you have a better chance to get a shiny, ut you dont need to keep the pokemon if you dont want to, people that say that they have X boxes of pokemon just havent wonder traded or relesead them yet

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Congratz to everyone who got shinies, and good luck to all those trying.

I have about 13 or so pokemon I want shiny so I've decided to hatch one box of each mon switching them out in the Day care until I get a shiny. Because you can only hatch so many Froakie before you start to hate it. :D
    At the moment I'm hatching Pumpkaboo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I want to start masuda methoding for a shiny Zigzagoon, now that I got my shiny Umbreon. I remember getting a shiny Zigzagoon from an event in ....Emerald? But I don't have it anymore, so I'm gonna try to breed one for nosalgia's sake

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Does anybody know if you HAVE to breed with a pokemon from your own game(mines UK) and a JPN Ditto, or could i breed say 2 foreign pokemon not from my region? Could i use a Ditto from my game with a foreign pokemon? My most succesful way of acquiring shinies has been through chain fishing (Magikarp, Skrelp, Horsea, Chinchou), got Pancham through Pokeradar and Wingull and Pawniard from horde encounters. But, apart from a VERY lucky shiny Bulbasaur, MM is proving to be extremely stressful so far.

Two foreign Pokemon will work fine, as long as they have different tags. If you have a UK game, you could breed a KOR and JAP, a FRE and GER, a JAP and SPA, ect ect. It will work fine. They key is the two parents only need to have different tags (no tag is considered a tag for the sake of simplicity, so a no-tag + any tag will work)

For those saying hatch 5 and reset, that works. But I prefer to box all my reject babies and either send them to Wonder Trade or mass release at a later time. The reason I box instead of 5-and-reset is steps. There's a man in one of the Pokecenters (one of the ones in Lumiose I think) that will trade PokeMiles for items. Two of the items on his list are Rare Candy and PP UP. I'd rather box a bunch of babies and rack up PokeMiles and trade them in for some RCs and PP UP than keep resetting the game! Once I stockpile a bunch of each, I may even start giving them to Wonder Trade fodder and give some people a happy little surprise. Everybody likes Rare Candies and PP UPs!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I have a question about the Masuda Method, does the Ditto have to be foreign or is it just one foreign Pokemon? Cheers!

As long as at least 1 pokemon is foreign the method will work. Ex. A Jap Wartortle and a U.S Wartortle will work, or a U.S Ditto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    I just got a Smeargle through masuda.
    Unfortunately, It only had two good ivs.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    For those saying hatch 5 and reset, that works. But I prefer to box all my reject babies and either send them to Wonder Trade or mass release at a later time. The reason I box instead of 5-and-reset is steps. There's a man in one of the Pokecenters (one of the ones in Lumiose I think) that will trade PokeMiles for items. Two of the items on his list are Rare Candy and PP UP. I'd rather box a bunch of babies and rack up PokeMiles and trade them in for some RCs and PP UP than keep resetting the game! Once I stockpile a bunch of each, I may even start giving them to Wonder Trade fodder and give some people a happy little surprise. Everybody likes Rare Candies and PP UPs!

By hatch 5 and reset, you mean hatch 5 that you collected then just soft reset and hatch the same eggs again until a shiny hatches? Does this actually work. As iv just kept hatching and placing in boxes til i got my Bulbasaur and Zorua.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I haven't done it myself but the method is, you go to the DCM and save. Collect 5 eggs and hatch them. Not what you want? Reset to your save, reject that first egg (because the first egg is always the same in terms of being shiny or not, if it's not you obviously don't want to take that egg), collect the next 5 and hatch them. Rinse and repeat.

But like I said, I'd rather rack up PokeMiles by not resetting my game every 5 hatchings because I can trade the 'Miles in for items I want.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    By hatch 5 and reset, you mean hatch 5 that you collected then just soft reset and hatch the same eggs again until a shiny hatches? Does this actually work. As iv just kept hatching and placing in boxes til i got my Bulbasaur and Zorua.

I may be wrong but I don't believe so. Everything about what you're gonna get is determined the moment you get the eggs, so it's better to save -> get 5 eggs and hatch them -> nothing good then reset. But personally I stack up a box of eggs before hatching.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I may be wrong but I don't believe so. Everything about what you're gonna get is determined the moment you get the eggs, so it's better to save -> get 5 eggs and hatch them -> nothing good then reset. But personally I stack up a box of eggs before hatching.

Yeahhh that's what i prefer to do. I wonder trade everything after my shiny hatches.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • No shiny Sandshrew yet after who knows how many attempts... at least 200.

In a way I am glad though. Now I am working on IV training, so when/if I get a shiny it should have some decent stats :)

Years
  • finally only took 33 eggs
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?
    [/URL][/IMG]

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    100 Froakie eggs, nothing. Continue in from my previous 900, so I have reached 1,000. I'm growing rapidly impatient...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I have been breeding hawlucha, hatched over 280 with no shiny. I hope it shines soon. Wish me luck! Good luck also to all hunting.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Started my X over and attempting to SR for a shiny Froakie, though after two days of resetting I'm thinking of just saying screw it and finishing the game. :p
    I never knew hunting for shinies could be so... Difficult.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Attempting an Axew now. Not that dedicated to it, but it would be cool if one happened to turn up shiny.

Back