• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
Years
  • Look who finally decided to pop up today :D! Hint: Namesake.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    The USA is a different region to the UK right? I have a 5 IV Dragonite from the US but it has no tag. Will he still work? I don't want to waste time using him while I have a Japanese Ditto who has a JAP tag.

I'm from the UK btw.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • The USA is a different region to the UK right? I have a 5 IV Dragonite from the US but it has no tag. Will he still work? I don't want to waste time using him while I have a Japanese Ditto who has a JAP tag.

I'm from the UK btw.

No. The USA and UK are counted the same region as far as Masuda Method is concerned. Basically, if there's no tag it's no good for MM.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Ok thanks for fast replie you floating pumpkin creature.
    It's a little disappointing, that Dragonite could have made some good IV shineys.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Hehe, never know when those pumpkaboo will pop up once the sun goes down.

I know the feeling. I have two perfect breeding pokemon that keep pumping out nice 5IVs each time, but the region is the same so the chance of it being shiny is the normal odds. There's also the catch that even if the pokemon has the region tag in the summary, if it was hatched by someone in another region that's the same locale as yours then it doesn't count for masuda.

Example: I have a german Ralts I hatched. I'm from England so if i breed it with an english pokemon, despite it having the german tag, it's counted as an english pokemon meaning the MM is voided. It's becoming more tricky to get pokemon who are actually from the other regions! The easiest is with JP or Kor, since those will have noticeably different OTs. I'd have to double check on that but that seems to be the case at the moment and it's being tested (myself included) and looks to be true until someone can datamine and confirm.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I got a shiny froakie from musadarararadadadadadrararararadadada method, wrong ability though so I'm sad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Haha, I always pronounced Masuda as "Madusa". As in that thing with Snake Hair.
    Now I am a jelly, I still haven't got my Froakie :(

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Hehe, never know when those pumpkaboo will pop up once the sun goes down.

I know the feeling. I have two perfect breeding pokemon that keep pumping out nice 5IVs each time, but the region is the same so the chance of it being shiny is the normal odds. There's also the catch that even if the pokemon has the region tag in the summary, if it was hatched by someone in another region that's the same locale as yours then it doesn't count for masuda.

Example: I have a german Ralts I hatched. I'm from England so if i breed it with an english pokemon, despite it having the german tag, it's counted as an english pokemon meaning the MM is voided. It's becoming more tricky to get pokemon who are actually from the other regions! The easiest is with JP or Kor, since those will have noticeably different OTs. I'd have to double check on that but that seems to be the case at the moment and it's being tested (myself included) and looks to be true until someone can datamine and confirm.

Do you mean that you hatched some german guy's egg in your game? so what is the german ralts' ot as of now?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    I got a shiny torchic after 33 eggs, so it worked for me. I'm trying for a shiny vulpix now.

Years
  • Got my beautiful shiny litleo after over 150 eggs. I lost count, but Sarabi was woooorth it. Now trying for a Tyrunt... 24 eggs and counting. It may take awhile, but patience will win out!

Caiustheblack

Years
  • Just hit 150 eggs with my eevee couples "......i m happy i will (hopefully) break my female shiny streak with this lol (got 7 female shinies consecutively unito now), to be honest i will be happy if the shiny has the ha

Years
  • I honestly hate the Masuda Method... I've tried it three times in the past, and I've given up after 1000 eggs each time. YES, I have made sure the pokemon are from separate regions in the world. I'm currently on egg 1,475 for my shiny Ralts and I still haven't had any luck. :/

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Hey everyone! Remember a few pages ago when I said I'm done with the Masuda Method? Never mind that! Apparently, I am insane. I recently got a flawless japanese Ralts from the GTS, so I'm currently MM-ing for a shiny one. And oooof course I hope to get a female one, 'cause male Gardevoir just feels wrong. I decided this time around I won't even try to keep count of how many I hatch, so that I don't get depressed.

Snork

My cabbages!
    Years
  • Hatched a shiny Eevee after around 500 eggs (wasn't counting), very happy! Can't wait for shiny Sylveon :D
    IMAG1534.jpg

Also, any nickname ideas? XD

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'd say Silver-Belle, but it's a boy -.-;

Looks like it is Bold nature? Could be a decent Vaporeon, Umbreon or Glaceon.

Unless you plan on renaming it, you should probably decide what it's going to grow up to be first :)

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Do you mean that you hatched some german guy's egg in your game? so what is the german ralts' ot as of now?

List for ease:

1. The ralts has my OT, i can nickname it etc.
    2. The language tag shows Germany (the tag isn't by where the game is from, it's by the language the game is set to apparently)
    3. The game counts it as being from my region making it incompatible for Masuda.

So the tag means nothing in this case.

Caiustheblack

Years
  • List for ease:

1. The ralts has my OT, i can nickname it etc.
    2. The language tag shows Germany (the tag isn't by where the game is from, it's by the language the game is set to apparently)
    3. The game counts it as being from my region making it incompatible for Masuda.

So the tag means nothing in this case.
    Yeah apparently it is like that. i personally wont make a shiny ralts run myself, because i know i will probably end up with a male ralts.... and gallade is bad even when compared to regular gardevoir...

Years
  • Despite the risk of getting a male Ralts, I personally believe it's a lower chance. I've been getting about a 3/4 ratio of hatching females to males. Might just be me, however.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got a shiny Mawile via Masuda Method a few days back. It didn't have the IVs I wanted, so I chose not to use it.

Back