• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
  • I never bothered with the Masuda Method, but in this Gen I'll give it a go since the shiny rates have been halved, so it'll definitely be easier and less time consuming to hatch a shiny. I got a few Foreign Pokemon off the Wonder Trade I'll try out later...

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    After trying the Masuda method to breed a shiny Charmander I filled 23 boxes and started releasing because I had no room left. After breaking the 1200 egg mark I stopped breeding strictly for shiny's and started breeding for IV's. On day two of IV breeding I got my shiny (ironically both parent pokemon were US). Crazy how these things work out. I want a shiny Froakie and a Shiny Tyrunt BAD.

Last edited:

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Yeah apparently it is like that. i personally wont make a shiny ralts run myself, because i know i will probably end up with a male ralts.... and gallade is bad even when compared to regular gardevoir...

I was lucky enough to end up with a shiny female ralts. But I quite like Gallade and I think it has it's place. It just doesn't have the fairy typing or mega evolution that Gardevoir has.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Alright!!! I got a shiny Ralts! And the Gods of Hax were nice enough this time to make it a female one! Check this bad girl out:
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • I was lucky enough to end up with a shiny female ralts. But I quite like Gallade and I think it has it's place. It just doesn't have the fairy typing or mega evolution that Gardevoir has.
    and it does miss that broken pixelate.... which adds DAMAGE AND STAB... compared to that ability aerilate is so crap... poor megapinsir lol

Years
  • Anyone that complains they haven't gotten anything with an egg count under 500, just know it's a 1/1365 chance for each egg. Your chance does not grow with each egg you hatch. Some people have to only hatch twenty eggs, others have to hatch over three thousand. I'm currently on 1,486 Ralts eggs and haven't had any luck. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    So far I've MM'd Eevee/Umbreon, Riolu/Lucario, Shinx, Zorua/Zoroark and a Ponyta I done for a girl I know.

Trying my luck with Electrike now, which has taken the longest by far.
    Up to about 420 eggs now.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Finally! Got my shiny Sandshrew last night :)

I was only half paying attention (watching a dinosaur show on Sci channel narrated by Jeff Goldblum), and glanced down and there was Booger! I chortled in delight and scared my mother out of her seat haha

Not a perfect IV Pokemon, but she has Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed... not too shabby for a Sandshrew/slash.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I got my Miltank after nearing 700 eggs late last month.

Last night I decided to randomly try for a Horsea because shiny Kingdra looked pretty cool...got it on my 7th hatch!

Then I decided to try my luck on a Houndour...got it on my 36th hatch!

Both were females, which is what I wanted. Not even sure how I got that lucky!

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I got my Miltank after nearing 700 eggs late last month.

Last night I decided to randomly try for a Horsea because shiny Kingdra looked pretty cool...got it on my 7th hatch!

Then I decided to try my luck on a Houndour...got it on my 36th hatch!

Both were females, which is what I wanted. Not even sure how I got that lucky!

Woo for the lucky couch!!!! lol

Caiustheblack

Years
  • the fearsome gods of hatching hit me with powerful irony:
    Shiny Magikarp:
    base egg steps: 1280
    Hatched in :22 eggs!
    Shiny Eevee:
    base egg steps: 8960
    NOT Hatched in: 550+ and still dont have it
    why on the world is this fair? it takes 8 magikarps to hatch an eevee..... XD

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • the fearsome gods of hatching hit me with powerful irony:
    Shiny Magikarp:
    base egg steps: 1280
    Hatched in :22 eggs!
    Shiny Eevee:
    base egg steps: 8960
    NOT Hatched in: 550+ and still dont have it
    why on the world is this fair? it takes 8 magikarps to hatch an eevee..... XD

Pretty sure Eevee's are evil little things who take forever to get out of their eggs and refuse to hatch as shinies. EVIL.

You've gone a long way though! Don't give up! I gave up the Eevees after 3 or 4 boxes because they took SO long to hatch! But you've gone so far!!! You'll get one soon!

Caiustheblack

Years
  • Pretty sure Eevee's are evil little things who take forever to get out of their eggs and refuse to hatch as shinies. EVIL.

You've gone a long way though! Don't give up! I gave up the Eevees after 3 or 4 boxes because they took SO long to hatch! But you've gone so far!!! You'll get one soon!
    Thank you! I wont!
    I actually use the following method:
    I found an old 2 inches plastic figurine of Captain America on the shelf; i then decided to insert the little plastic shield under the analog stick to make my bycicle ride forever around lumiose tower.... my fingers will be a little happier now :3

Years
  • Nah, Eevee eggs are pretty quick to hatch as long as you use the level 3 Hatch O Power and a Pokemon with the Flame Body ability. Larvitars though...

I just got my second shiny Eevee myself, (first was also thanks to Masuda Method but was a total fluke. I was just starting the game, and simply wanted a modest Eevee...) so you can do it too! :D

I always use the Lumiose trick, and it seems to work for me : recently I got a shiny Marill, Goomy and Eevee, I'm currently working on Mareep.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Has anyone noticed a faster hatch rate in Lumiose? Maybe it's a depth-perception thing.... I could swear that once around the tower is counted differently; Like 1 "step" (cause we're all on the bike amirite?) is actually 1.5 to 2 steps?

Probably just easier to zone out from going in circles :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    After trying the Masuda method to breed a shiny Charmander I filled 23 boxes and started releasing because I had no room left. After breaking the 1200 egg mark I stopped breeding strictly for shiny's and started breeding for IV's. On day two of IV breeding I got my shiny (ironically both parent pokemon were US). Crazy how these things work out. I want a shiny Froakie and a Shiny Tyrunt BAD.

Holy freaking shiz. I got my shiny Charmander after 200 eggs or so... and that felt so long. I don't know how you stayed motivated that long... wow.

Anyway I think I'm done with Masuda and shinies for a while. I find that finding shinies in the friend safaris is easier anyway. I've gotten like 12 in the safari without even trying just by EV training there. I might go back to Masuda if I decide to try to get my shiny Cubone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • After 300+hours of playtime, I got my first shiny, it's a Chansey.....on the first egg.

It's got good IV's and I'm planning to use it on Wifi :)

Caiustheblack

Years
  • so... speaking about RNG and stuff... dont you think that an Egg Charm RAISES the chanches of hatching a shiny? (i mean assuming the egg content is based on the clock-generated stuff and you can gather more eggs per minute)

Back