• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

famillan

Addicted.
Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    Don't give up guys! It's really tedious to hatch a shiny cuz sometimes you get it quick and sometimes not. Like, I got my Shiny Krabby after hatching 6 eggs, but my Shiny Charmander took me a box full and then some. It takes a really long time, but you would eventually get one.

whats SR method? how do u do that?

They Soft Reset after hatching their first batch of eggs. They save at some point before hatching or even before that then hatch the eggs, if no shiny, then they press "L+R+Select+Start" to soft reset

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Were you using the SR method? I think that now that i do SR after every 5 eggs, it takes me 1/3rd of the time to get a shiny (compared to my older method of batching 30 eggs & hatching the box of eggs in lumiose)

I've just been using good ol rinse and repeat without restarting method. I might try the SR method next time then haha. Can't hurt. Besides, I have no more room in my boxes anyway. T_T

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    For Masuda method if you use the method to get 5 IV do you really need to be chaining egg or you can keep reseting before the guy face the route to have a chance of getting a shiny one ? I know from this method you have nature gender IV that don't change.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Were you using the SR method? I think that now that i do SR after every 5 eggs, it takes me 1/3rd of the time to get a shiny (compared to my older method of batching 30 eggs & hatching the box of eggs in lumiose)

They Soft Reset after hatching their first batch of eggs. They save at some point before hatching or even before that then hatch the eggs, if no shiny, then they press "L+R+Select+Start" to soft reset

Wait...
    I thought the PKMN inside the egg is already set to be shiny/no-shiny the very moment you receive the egg? =/

And if we're a step or two away from hatching the Egg, does soft-resetting work if the Egg doesn't hatch into a shiny?
    -No, if you are going to SR you ll have to save game, gather 5, hatch them and then soft reset
    the content does not change so if an egg was available before you saving you will have to discard it

Now I am really confused once again.
    Can Soft Reset actually reset the chances of PKMN hatching as a shiny or not?

Years
  • Let me explain.

When you put two Pokemon in the Daycare, the first egg (and only the first) you get has always the same value, so here's what you got to do to be able to use soft reset :

Step 1 : Save before the daycare man, take five eggs, hatch them, see if there's any shiny.

If there isn't, you know that the first egg will never be shiny.

Step 2 : Reset your game, reject the first egg or box it, take five eggs, hatch them.

Step 3 : Rinse and repeat untif you find your shiny.

Here you go, I also use the Lumiose trick + Hatch O Power Level 3 and of course Flame Body to speed things up.

Hope that helped. :)

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • Question about the egg: Are all eggs (with or without shiny pokemon) the same or are the shiny pokemon in a shiny egg?

The reason I'm asking was from a post on Bulbpedia:

"The method is named after Game Freak director Junichi Masuda, who programmed it into Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. He documented the method in his blog,[1] where he mentioned a way that "rare colored Pokémon's Egg can be found little easier." The mechanics behind the method were discovered by Smogon."

<<If this is a re-post of a previous question, I do apologize. I couldn't find one when I searched the forum.>>

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    No, all the eggs look the same, you have to hatch them to know if there's a shiny inside or not.

We should also mention that an egg itself isn't shiny and its never determined that a shiny pokemon is within the egg. It depends on if your personal shiny ID is the same as the shiny ID of the pokemon in the egg.

Thus, an egg that doesn't hatch shiny for you would have hatched shiny for someone else with the right shiny ID and vice-versa.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    It depends on if your personal shiny ID is the same as the shiny ID of the pokemon in the egg.

Thus, an egg that doesn't hatch shiny for you would have hatched shiny for someone else with the right shiny ID and vice-versa.

How do you find out what your shiny ID is? or whatever it's called.

famillan

Addicted.
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    Wait...
    I thought the PKMN inside the egg is already set to be shiny/no-shiny the very moment you receive the egg? =/

Well, at some point yes. So you have to make sure that you save right after you dropped of the two pokemon you want to breed in the Daycare. Then gather the eggs, hatch them, if they're not shiny, soft reset.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    It took me 1351 eggs before I got a shiny Froakie, now I'm working on charmanders.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • I tried to get a shiny Chespin and I'm four box full already, so I decided to go with a shiny Charmander to see if I have any better luck.

Question though, so I use a US Charizard with a Jap Ditto, that should work for the Masuda Method, right?

famillan

Addicted.
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I tried to get a shiny Chespin and I'm four box full already, so I decided to go with a shiny Charmander to see if I have any better luck.

Question though, so I use a US Charizard with a Jap Ditto, that should work for the Masuda Method, right?

Yep. That would work. That's how I got my shiny Charmander.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I finally got my modest shiny chlorophyl bulbasaur. It took a ridiculously long time. But now I have the complete set: Charmander Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Charmander: 150 eggs
    Squirtle: 200 eggs
    Bulbasaur: 2420 eggs

I got two Bulbasaurs in that time btw. The first one had Overgrow and was at about 1700 eggs.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    And lol. :D
    I finally managed to hatch a Shiny Charmander after 200+ eggs (which was a mix of Ralts, Eevees and Charmanders =/) while I was riding on a bus home. :3
    It has an Impish nature, and has Blaze, since I have no idea how to get its Hidden Ability. :3

Back