• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • To those people who are suggesting to go to the GTS for ditto, just a tip. Ask for a ditto from lvl 21-30 and it will guarantee you a freshly caught Friend Safari one...which means at least 2 perfect IVs as well. Also, if you try to play around 2-4pm GMT (That's 9-11am EST for me), that's when it's 11-1 at night in Japan so I seem to get a lot of Japanese mons then, WT and GTS.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • 900 Eggs, no shiny ralts yet.

Funniest thing though, I took a break from collecting eggs for the ralts to breed a 5IV Frillish for myself. Ended up randomly hatching a shiny Frillish on the 7th egg.

Years
  • To those people who are suggesting to go to the GTS for ditto, just a tip. Ask for a ditto from lvl 21-30 and it will guarantee you a freshly caught Friend Safari one...which means at least 2 perfect IVs as well. Also, if you try to play around 2-4pm GMT (That's 9-11am EST for me), that's when it's 11-1 at night in Japan so I seem to get a lot of Japanese mons then, WT and GTS.

Don't forget that they all have the pentagon.

Years
  • Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?
    Got a shiny timid froakie around 70-80 eggs, good IVs ... no protean... I probably only got about 15 torrents out of all hatched and the shiny just had to be one

Last edited:
    Years
  • After many years of playing pokemon i have only ever hatched 2 shinys, first was a shiny treecko years back on pearl.

And then i hatched a shiny rufflet last night (using a japanese ditto) unfortunately it came out docile nature.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • After many years of playing pokemon i have only ever hatched 2 shinys, first was a shiny treecko years back on pearl.

And then i hatched a shiny rufflet last night (using a japanese ditto) unfortunately it came out docile nature.
    At least it's a neutral nature :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm here with 1300 mudkips, and i havent got a single shiny yet, i have a feeling that i'm never gonna get one. The parents are from different countries, the IV's are good and all that, but i'm getting tired of this :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I do nothing but breed all day, mostly English Pokemon with my Japanese Ditto. Still haven't gotten a shiny lol. And I've lost count of how many things I've bred for trade fodder and such. I'm not trying to get a shiny, but I'm just surprised that I haven't gotten one yet. Oh well. Maybe eventually.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I've Been breeding 6IV JPN Ditto with multiple partners and still no luck :(

Years
  • I unintentionally hatched a Shiny Combee using MM with a Ditto from Spain.. I was originally just trying to get a female one to evolve, and this guy popped out of like the 3rd egg I hatched. Too bad it's Male..

Still not sure if I'm going to keep him, or trade him out for something special.. I just don't know if it's "worth" the glitter it's made out of

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • Started doing MM with Eevees (since I'm tried of trying for Zouras). Found a male shiny Eevee in friend safari and the darn thing killed itself with Take Down. Still, A box full of Eevees and no shinies.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I'm not really a part of this community, but I was lurking for a few days, and being here helped me keep going.

Wanna give a big shout out to Hinokage for his never-say-never attitude and motivating everyone in the thread who were getting discouraged, to DuoRyan for the way he just seems to keep going and going and finding shinies, to Lovesnoopy and hatching 2887 eggs before finding his shiny and then jumping right back into hatching more eggs for another shiny, and to MrRaptorTurtle for the shiny onix story (over 1000 eggs).

I'll copy and paste what I went through:

After hatching 500 eggs a year ago and giving up, returning a year later, filling up 17 boxes, cleaning out 2 boxes twice and filing them again, cleaning out one box and just deciding to release every egg that wasn't shiny from that point on, switching out American dittos (1 reached level 100. The second reached level 83. I got him at L53 or something), and losing count of how many eggs I hatched at some point (I think I did around 900) I finally found him -- my blue-eyed Lunatone.

Can't insert images here yet, so I'll space out the link if anyone wants to see my shiny. i m g u r. com/k8nTn1A Put that address together.

So, yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's not impossible. That shiny baby is there, somewhere. Keep fighting. Persevere. CAN YOU PERSEVERE? DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH PERSEVERANCE TO FIND IT? THAT'S ALL IT TAKES! FORGET ABOUT LUCK!

Edit: And for the record, for ppl still worried about using everstones and other items, my ditto had a everstone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well like my previous post I already hatched a shiny froakie around 80 eggs, not interested in keeping it because its ability is not protean, I'm attempting to hatch a shiny telepathy noibat now, I'm around 50 eggs in and already hit a 31/31/31/31/31/31 telepathy noibat, needless to say I am loosing interest now and I wanna evolve and EV train my perfect noibat, I will continue, although if I get stiffed on the ability again I may just get back to Iv breeding only and forget about masuda method except for one shot ability pkmn like aegislash

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I got a shiny ralts after my thousandth-something egg. Four perfect IVs with a pitiful 2-3 HP IV. Which is enough to bother me for reasons unknown.

Well, currently trying for a shiny Lotad because Lotad eggs hatch pretty quickly.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I was breeding a cyndaquil with a japanese method and under 20 eggs got a shiny cyndaquil

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

Having spent a full two weeks breeding for a shiny Espurr with no luck whatsoever, I decided to take a break and work on my Pokedex instead. Among countless other things, I grabbed a random Breloom from the GTS as I needed its and Shroomish's entries. I tossed said Breloom into the daycare, had it produce one egg, then sat down to hatch it and yeah, given the context of this post, it shouldn't be hard to figure out the colours of the Shroomish that popped out.

It has 3 perfect IVs, too, but they're rendered useless by an awful nature - which is a shame really, I'd have loved to use it competitively. :C

In conclusion: one thousand Espurr eggs, a dozen sleepless nights, carefully selected parents = nope, one egg from a GTS'ed Breloom that I needed for the pokedex and didn't plan to keep = haha look, this fancy mushroom has orange spots! This is the best and worst thing that's happened to me recently Q____q

Last edited:
    Back