• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    To those people who are suggesting to go to the GTS for ditto, just a tip. Ask for a ditto from lvl 21-30 and it will guarantee you a freshly caught Friend Safari one...which means at least 2 perfect IVs as well. Also, if you try to play around 2-4pm GMT (That's 9-11am EST for me), that's when it's 11-1 at night in Japan so I seem to get a lot of Japanese mons then, WT and GTS.

The problem with specifying a level for the Ditto you want, is if the other players used that Ditto for breeding it would have leveled up. If they then found a better one, say with 3iv, they are unable to trade you their castoff 2iv because of level requirements. I've gotten a couple 3iv that were not in the 21-30 range and I'd rather sift through trash Dittos with no iv than miss an opportunity to get a good one by specifying a level requirement! (I also got a SHINY ditto with useless ivs, but it's blue!)

Evangel

Dominant
    Years
    I had to be one of those people that, during their first MM session, goes up past the thousand range...
    1123 eggs...all for one golden shinx...ah well, least the IV's were good

To all those people who go up past 1,500...I feel for you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Shiny thick fat Swinub!
    Missing the perfect IV in special defence and speed... But oh well!
    It was like my 150th egg with shiny charm.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I'm about 300 eggs in looking for an Electrike, but no luck so far. Might wait until I have the shiny charm before I do any more frenzied hatching...

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    I must've missed something somewhere along the way. I wasn't aware that the Shiny Charm was an attainable item in X/Y.

I'm nearing (or possibly over) 500 eggs for this danged Shiny Emolga. The more frustrated I get, the more I want it! I've put off all other adventuring until I get my shiny, which has really stopped up a lot of things I was hoping to do.

PERSISTENCE UNTIL VICTORY!

Years
    I must've missed something somewhere along the way. I wasn't aware that the Shiny Charm was an attainable item in X/Y.

I'm nearing (or possibly over) 500 eggs for this danged Shiny Emolga. The more frustrated I get, the more I want it! I've put off all other adventuring until I get my shiny, which has really stopped up a lot of things I was hoping to do.

PERSISTENCE UNTIL VICTORY!

The key thing is that no one knows yet if the shiny charm still effects breeding. It sais " in the wild" in the English text but reputable sites are claiming the Japanese text for the item is unchanged since bw2. However you can check on smogons project where they are hatching 50,000 eggs to get a number based to see if it does in fact still effect breeding. I got the shiny charm back in... early January. I got a shiny froakie in 80 or so eggs, gave up on my noibat around 60 eggs. All I can say is tgat I provably got lucky, however til someone has some proof it apparently is only good in the wild

Years
    SUPER hyped just hatched a shiny Carvanha after 28 boxes... that's 842 eggs! I was begining to think i'm never gonna get the shiny! Im glad i diddnt give up as i just got a Hidden ability 5 iv carvanha! wooo!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    According to a recent research. Shiny Charm gives you like a 1:428 chance of a shiny.

Anyway, got a Shiny Spritzee on my 6th egg. By accident! I was only using a Male JAP Togekiss to pass down Wish :D

Years
    According to a recent research. Shiny Charm gives you like a 1:428 chance of a shiny.

Anyway, got a Shiny Spritzee on my 6th egg. By accident! I was only using a Male JAP Togekiss to pass down Wish :D
    Where did you get the info if you don't mind me asking? I know of one place so far that is actually publicly conducting research and they haven't come to the conclusion yet.

Sirc

Azrael Nightmaren
    Years
    Bleh, ive been hatching ponytas for days. i have around 390 of them hatched and another box of eggs.
    anyone need a ponyta? lawl.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I hate how we can't hatch the PKMN we wanted to be shiny, and when we're taking a break and just make eggs for friend's request, they hatch into shinies(Baltoy). -,-

Seriously, why???
    I already Wonder Traded 3 boxes or so Tepigs already! >.>

edit...
    I just realized something...
    why the heck am I trying to hatch a shiny Tepig in the first place?! <.<

Last edited:
    Back