• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I was breeding for a Masuda Scyther, bred 12 boxes worth of eggs, got it on the 7th egg.

24/8/31/30/31/14 Adamant, with a "normal" (no perfect IV) Ditto and "Normal" Japanese Scyther as parents.

I hatched the rest, no shinies, all of the rest had no more than 1 31 in any stat. Only about a dozen had stats > 20 in each field, so I wonder traded those.

This was before I had access to Friend Safari.

Years
  • Just got my third shiny with masuda method, a shiny froakie, unfortunate not the best IV's and not protean, but still I am happy with my shiny Froakie. It took like 767 eggs to hatch this little critter ^^

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • After 400+ Ralts eggs im giving up (for now). Gonna try n breed my 5IV Beldum to blow off steam. (If i get a shiny beldum im gonna rage)

Do you guys think that if i switch out my Ralts & Gastly to breed a Beldum, itll hurt my chances of getting a shiny Ralts later? Im putting in a Japanese beldum and my own Ditto, so thatll be MM too.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Torrent - Modest
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    Egg Moves: Muddy Water / Fake Out / Aura Sphere / Dragon Pulse

Just hatched this flawless cutie! He's the 22nd shiny I've hatched in XY.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I haven't got a Masuda Method shiny yet, but I have managed to get my first shiny since SoulSilver while breeding for my 2nd team, a shiny Drilbur! :D

I believe I hatched about 85 eggs before the shiny one hatched.

Shhmew

Years
  • I have hatched two shinies, both for friends.

First was a shiny Froakie with maybe 2 or 3 or 4 perfect IVs (don't remember), unfortunately it had torrent. ;c That one took 1018 eggs.

The next was a shiny Ralts. That one had 3 perfect IVs I think. (as you can see, I wasn't out for perfection) Unfortunately, it was a boy. My luck sucks. That one also took more than a thousand eggs: 1237 eggs.

I tried hatching a third one, a shiny Shinx for a friend, and I hatched 1129 before reeeaaallly slowing down because my 3DS was having awful issues (it's in for repair now) and was getting very discouraging and boring. I'd like to finish it once I get my 3DS back though D:

My plans were to hatch a shiny Vulpix and Eevee for myself afterwards. I have always wanted a legit shiny Ninetales ]: It's my absolute favorite shiny. And I think shiny Sylveon looks pretty neat. Kind of fits as a male too in my opinion, especially with the little bowtie hehe.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have returned to the Eevees. 2 boxes full of them now, still no shiny.
    Weird that 90% of them all have Adabtability, from a male Eevee parent. o.0

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I have returned to the Eevees. 2 boxes full of them now, still no shiny.
    Weird that 90% of them all have Adabtability, from a male Eevee parent. o.0

Adaptability and Run away are normal. Anticipation is the hidden ability.

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Finally completed my national Pokedex, so I'm back to MM breeding. My current project is a Hawlucha because I've been wanting this little guy for the longest time. Currently on the second box.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2015
    I got shiny scraggy and drifblim through masuda method without really trying for them, but now that I'm actually trying for an espurr it's just not happening. I'm at like 600+ espurr right now @_@ and I'm not even going to keep it lol I just want to give it to my best friend for valentine's day xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    About 160 odd eggs and I finally got my Shiny Goomy 31/x/x/31/31/31...

Luckily for me one of the excess eggs turned out to be 6iv which will also get trained up. And there's a few 5iv which I have up for trade in the QTT :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    on my x game I breed 101 tyrunts
    (Japanese tyrantrum and English tyrunt)
    I know have a blue tyrunt
    good luck with yours
    but you will still have to breed a lot of eggs

Back