• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    FINALLY! After not giving up and a week and a half of looking for a shiny charmander, I found it on my 1006th egg today! Its jolly with solar power!

Last edited:

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I got four pokes using Masuda: Oshawott (3) Froakie (120+), Pancham (525) Riolu (15+) I want to go after the fifth poke, maybe Treecko or Meditite, but not sure XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Been at it for two days and still no shiny Oshawott. Why do I do these things to myself -____-

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • No Masuda Shiny yet. It is very sad, I've been breedin Pokémon for months now and still no luck. :/

I've never found a shiny in any game actually. Thousands of game hours and not a single shiny. :(

Years
  • I just started breeding for shiny Eevees (their eggs take notoriously long time to hatch) last night. I have hatched 6 Eggs so far and yet none of them has given me my coveted Shiny Eevee. :(
    So, quick question, has anybody tried the Masuda Method in Pokemon X/Y and obtained a Shiny yet? And how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Pokemon? I think I'm gonna stop with the Eevees for now, time to try out something else that's easier :(

Right, hello ;P . I have done the same as you, bred Eevees to get shines. I got my second shiny from it yesterday and to get both my shines (one is now a beautiful Espeon =D ) it took around 700-800 eggs. Trust me, it is worth while though. A piece of advice would be to get the egg hatching O power from Mr Bonding. I can't remember where it is just google it ;P It would hurry the process up a bit... Please let meh now if you hatch one and what you are going to evolve it into =P

Years
  • Masuda method was very generous at the day of my graduation, I got my shiny eevee on this special day after breeding 390 eggs ^^

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • Matsuda definitely works in X/Y, I got 2 shiny Ralts (I wanted a Gallade, but got a female the first time) and I got a shiny Honedge. However, this was not without much pain and suffering. I'm about to start a search for a shiny Tyrantrum.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Got my shiny eevee, first shiny I have ever had in the game! 42 eggs! XD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Lost all my progress earlier because my 3DS would turn off when set down on a table. Had to redo this Zangoose (one of my favourite Hoenn Pokemon), and trying for a better 5IV mother produced this bad boy:

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Male
    Adamant
    Immunity
    KB; FRE
    Safari Ball

Night Slash
    Double Kick
    Feint
    Metal Claw

Totally OK with my 3DS hardware having messed up earlier.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    is it me or electrike is pain to produce as a shiny. my theory is that certain pokemon are harder to make shiny than others per game cartridge, an example being i have come across 6 shiny ninetales, breeded 4 shiny yanmas, breeded2 shiny shinx, came across 3 shiny farfetch'd, and so on but to breed just one electrike is taking more than 900 eggs thus far.

Years
  • I have only gotten one Masuda shiny, which was an Eevee (now a Sylveon). Actually, I just had a feeling that I should try breeding for one just for the heck of it, and I got it on my first egg. O_o

Rayheart

Ancient Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Nope, no luck with my charmander hunt so far, i am pretty sure i hatched over 900 eggs :U

Back