• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
  • Just hatched a shiny 5IVs Noibat using the MM! I don't know how many eggs I hatched but it took me 2 days... And I thought that maybe you couldn't get a perfect IVs shiny but you can! ;) Thank God for the Shiny & Oval Charm! :)

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I just got a shiny Treecko and Elgyem. I hatched a grand total of one egg for each of them (because I am only interested in getting the pokedex entries).

I'm still a little shocked, and mostly a little afraid because when I finally do start MM on this file, I feel like RNG wont be as nice.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
    Years
  • I hatched a shiny Helioptile with this method a bit while ago, but since it was so long ago I don't remember how many eggs. It was quite a few boxes, though. I don't have much luck with these things. ;-;

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I'm breeding for a shiny Meditite, so far 1058 eggs and no shiny : / I'm going to take a little break of some days with this one, my eyes and neck are hurting me :'O

Years
  • Just hatched a shiny Swablu! :) It took me 2 days, wasn't counting eggs but I think I hatched ~200 eggs! :) I'm happy!!

Edit: HYPE!!! Just hatched a shiny Charmander... It's not that good tho but it's still a shiny! :) omg

Edit #2: So, after that shiny Charmander I hatched a shiny Marill.... And today, I hatched a shiny Eevee.. I was MM for a shiny Eevee in B&W2 and never got it and now I got it in like 20 eggs?!! Omg!!! Some people say that the shiny charm is not affecting MM but I disagree ;)

PS. Am I the only one getting MM shinies here? lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    To be honest it's all about luck, I'm working on getting a shiny Frokie and so far I have hatched 465 eggs(just over a month) and no luck what so every. I've even been using a ditto fro JP.

Years
  • I managed to hatch a shiny Eevee with the Masuda Method. The thing is though, I wasn't actually trying to get a shiny at that point. Now that I'm trying to get a shiny Absol, I've gone through at least 300 eggs with no luck.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • REJOICE :D

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Took about 400 Eggs. Flawless Shiny Buneary in Dream Ball, 4EMs, non-HA. Wee!~

31/31/31/29/31/31, HP: Dark.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Currently on my eighth batch/box of Beldum eggs (240), still no luck =(
    Really wanted a shiny Metagross especially since it's going Mega in Ruby/Sapphire.

Update: 12th box, still no sign... =(

Last edited:

Rayheart

Ancient Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Got my shiny charmander,totodile,tyrunt with this Method, now trying for a Shiny Shinx. Charmander was the longest, other 2 were easy and i dont have a shiny charm.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I'm not keeping track of the number of eggs I've hatched (definitely over 200 eggs now though), but I'm still trying for a shiny chatot. I'm taking it slow at 60 eggs per day at least.

Rewy

untitled follower
    Years
  • I gave up on my Masuda Method some months ago.

I had over 180 hours in the game, over 12000 eggs hatched and not a single single shiny Furfrou... *sigh*

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Random Shiny Phanpy. Adamant. Dream Ball. Pickup. 31/31/31/31/23/15. HP: Dark. EMs: Endeavor, Play Rough, Ice Shard, Ancient Power.

Was not aiming for this whatsoever. I was just doing my three kinds of Phanpy in Friend/Dream/Heavy Ball.

That said, the parents were 2IV&6IV, so 4IV is a pleasant surprise :) it could've been 1IV statistically.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    I've hatched over 25,000 eggs trying to get a shiny Honedge with no luck at all. And nobody will trade me one of their shiny Honedge waaaaah.

Years
  • Well, following my post a few days ago, today I finally hatched a shiny Absol! Adamant nature, Super Luck, IVs of 31/31/31/31/x/31. I ended up going through about 400 eggs to get her, but I couldn't be happier right now.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I seriously don't know how many eggs I hatched. Around 1,000+ probably (since in online battles, my eggs hatched is over 1,000) just take away the eggs I hatched for the 'dex and two/three other breeding projects (which wasn't a lot).

BUT FINALLY.

I hatched a shiny chatot. I love this thing so much.
    IVs: 31/31/29/31/31/31

Last edited:
    Back