• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

has anyone been the target of rascism?

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
Years
  • Certain people I know at school are 'racist', but they don't mean it, so no one takes offense. I can't recall overhearing or seeing someone being genuinely racist. I think it's a bad thing, though...prejudice is wrong. =/

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yea, sometimes people are just kidding with their friends when they say "my nig..." or something. ^_^;;

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Often racial slurs become substitutes for words like ?man? and ?dude?, as 22sa said. A lot of people don?t even really know what they?re saying these days. =\

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I hate it when people do that. Don't they have any shame, those creeps?!

When they do that, I get the idea that instead of having a brain, they have crap stuffed inside their skull.. Grrrrr... That stuff angers me, I just want to go in front of them and knock their frigging head off >____<;

Stupid racists.. I just wanna.. *mumble mumble*

*burns*

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, no one at my school is racist, nor have I been the target of racism, but racism just makes me want to do stuff that I wouldn't normally do

22sa

Years
  • Lol, I understand.

There are those that have so much faith and mega-determination in their "race", its hero-like o_O. Can't help but to admire someone like that, even though their faith is false. Haven't met a racist person IRL like that though.

22sa

Years
  • Keeping trying maybe ... it's working for me. It's about a racist American against immigrants taking "their jobs" and doesn't belong, lol. And another American (anti-racist) teaching him a lesson. :D

Last edited:

Stinger

Banned
    Years
  • There's a difference between "joking around" racism, and racism. I get called white boy all the time at school... Mexicans being the majority at my school. I really don't care because i know that they're joking around.

Years
  • 22sa said:
    Keeping trying maybe ... it's working for me. It's about a racist American against immigrants taking "their jobs" and doesn't belong, lol. And another American (anti-racist) teaching him a lesson. :D
    Yeah, the same American telling us to get some balls. :laugh:

Tweak

=/ i remember how the original english settlers were mean to irish and german settlers. i find that idiotic. as one of my friends said...

it took them a long time to figure out they were all white
    then it took from another long time to figure out it doesn't matter if your black or white, you're all equal
    then, it took them another long time to accept people from across the pacific...
    then it took them another decade or so to accept women into the culture.
    then after 9/11, everyone started to be mean to arabic looking people

i remember on 9/11, at my school, i heard this student told this arabic girl "it was your people who did it!" then the girl was upset and cried =(

=D as u can see...people are naturally stupid.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I go to a ghetto Black school, and I hear the "N" word so much, I don't consider it a swear anymore. As Kairi said, racial slurs have evolved into a synonym for "dude" or "pal"

I am not racist (I go to a school that is 50% black and 37% hispanic), but I have been accused of being racist. Once. Some black dudes were calling me racist because they heard me say to one of my friends (who happened to be white) that some annoying black dude was messing with me during third period. O.o

Tweak

I go to a ghetto Black school, and I hear the "N" word so much, I don't consider it a swear anymore. As Kairi said, racial slurs have evolved into a synonym for "dude" or "pal"

I am not racist (I go to a school that is 50% black and 37% hispanic), but I have been accused of being racist. Once. Some black dudes were calling me racist because they heard me say to one of my friends (who happened to be white) that some annoying black dude was messing with me during third period. O.o

ehheh...if u ever saw a photo of my high school u'd think u were in asia. 70%or more asians (mostly chinese, koreans, japanese, asian indians, mideasterns) . lesee...and during the four years i was there we had 3.5 african americans (one of 'em was half white) and i've only seen a handful of hispanics...=/ they hang out in a group together and they are quite shy. and i guess the rest of the 20% is european? although sometimes in class...it goes up to 100% asian. its....quite odd. in my city it is almost 50% asian. :laugh: its...so weird!!! @_@ i've lived in the USA my ENTIRE life and so far i've only made 1 close caucasian/european friend. and he keeps on complaining how he's the minority. :laugh:

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
    Years
  • In first grade some kid called me the "N" word. I was kind of scared back then, but I wish I was back in first grade again because I should have done something about it [even if that would have gotten me in trouble]. But really no. Nobody is openly prejudiced towards me, like in my face.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Dude, if anyone called me by some racist name, I would have to do something myself to take care of it

22sa

Years
  • Zapchu said:
    =/ i remember how the original english settlers were mean to irish and german settlers. i find that idiotic. as one of my friends said...

it took them a long time to figure out they were all white
    then it took from another long time to figure out it doesn't matter if your black or white, you're all equal
    then, it took them another long time to accept people from across the pacific...
    then it took them another decade or so to accept women into the culture.
    then after 9/11, everyone started to be mean to arabic looking people

i remember on 9/11, at my school, i heard this student told this arabic girl "it was your people who did it!" then the girl was upset and cried =(

=D as u can see...people are naturally stupid.
    I guess people needed a reason to hate, it's evitable.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Today was really bad, Some Kid screamed "CHINK" really loud and my friend Xuan Mai got really sad and started to cry. I felt really bad, but if I ever find this kid...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Racism is wrong, but some people just don't get the message.It doesn't matter what color you are.White,black,brown,purple,polka dot, whatever.It doesn't matter what you look like, just who you are

That sounded so cliched

22sa

Years
  • The point is you can't change the color of your skin, you can change your opinions but not the color of your skin. ;)

Back