• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has Anyone Ever Noticed This Before?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    ahh "event move" it might not be volt tackle, that might have just been rumours.

whatever it is though, it must be obtainable somehow in D/P, since it could be possible to trade back into it.

it could take ages, but i could figure out what that move is.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    not really.

all the AR did was make a VT tm, only pokemon with the right code within the game to learn VT could possibly learn it.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
    yes but think about it this move can be taught to other pokemon except it cant be because its only available to pikachu. the only way to recieve this move is through pikachu which proves they should not have to delete the coding for the other pokemon because they have no access to it other than cheating

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    true that is, but the fact that the coding EXISTS opens up the door, for perhaps future events, or PBR, etc

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    This is intresting! I read 4 pages !!!! It must be intresting, I wonder who else could learn it...

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I read the bulbapedia page and it had a whole list of pokemon who could learn it such as mr. mime, alakazam, cacturne, and hariyama.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    well by cheating anything is possible (dark void charizards, wonder guard spiritombs etc)

but i was suprised whats just in the game, just impossible to get to without a external device (excluding event pokes)

EDIT:

Ok cool now all I have to do is wait for serebii mods to approve. Also if its a shinx egg(which I doubt) then what move would it have. And if its an egg with volt tackle whats the pokemon?

how goes the serebii? id like to see it

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I will try this out. My DS as never touched a cheat system and I don't have cheats or clones. So if I can do it. Everyone can.

Years
    Ok, so did you also verify that the TM you changed isn't one that can be learnt by all of these Pokémon??

The only code I've ever seen like this was to change one TM to have a different move. Said TM still required the Pokémon which you were trying to teach the move to be compatible with said TM. i.e. TM 01, Focus Blast, gets changed into Volt Tackle... Only Pokémon that were able to learn Focus Punch can learn the new TM that you've created, which appears to be the list that you've created. Test it on Politoed.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    well by cheating anything is possible (dark void charizards, wonder guard spiritombs etc)

but i was suprised whats just in the game, just impossible to get to without a external device (excluding event pokes)

EDIT:

how goes the serebii? id like to see it

Checking it out now if they approved it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Ok, so did you also verify that the TM you changed isn't one that can be learnt by all of these Pokémon??

The only code I've ever seen like this was to change one TM to have a different move. Said TM still required the Pokémon which you were trying to teach the move to be compatible with said TM. i.e. TM 01, Focus Blast, gets changed into Volt Tackle... Only Pokémon that were able to learn Focus Punch can learn the new TM that you've created, which appears to be the list that you've created. Test it on Politoed.

interesting idea, is there any human shaped Pokemon unable to learn focus punch?

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    hmmm...thats a chip in our armor....
    I want to see the results of the focus-puch...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    okay im looking through them now, i dont have all of them pokemon, but i have some of them... ill try it with all the pokemon i have

EDIT: it seems that you could be right, it explains everything really.

i dont think there is any (maybe one or two but thats it) pokemon that are in the humanshape egg group that cant learn focus punch (make sense really, human shape = arms = punching)

but after testing it out on some of the non humanshaped focus punching pokemon, they could also learn VT, which screws up the theory :(.

HOWEVER, on that list and on bulbapedias list, neither mention electivire, which makes me believe that there might be something in it, im just gunna go check if electivire can learn the original focus punch TM

damnit it can =(

if this is right, it just shows that its in the coding for the pokemon to learn "TM01" rather than the actual move that is inside it.

that screws up this entire thread lol, damn i thought i was onto something too :(

Last edited:
    Back