• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone gotten a shiny through breeding?

Years
  • So, apparently your chances of breeding a shiny improve if you breed with a Pokémon from another country. Naturally, I decided to do a GTS trade for a Ditto and lucked out by getting one from Australia.

It feels like I've made eleventygazillionflajillion eggs, but no shinies. :'(

Anybody breed any shinies yet? If so, what did you get and what Pokémon did you use to breed it. Feel free to let us know about how many eggs you had to hatch before getting a shiny, too!

gw

Years
  • Nope…. never. But if ever does to me I would get a heart attack first and yell at everybody in heaven
    Like this " I finally got my shiny Pichu!!!!" lol.
    Not man, I rather slaughter hundreds of wild Pokémon until I find the shine I like than running back and ford, back and ford……..wait I think it's the same thing.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • nope, but I'm hoping to get one when I breed my meganium (I've just completely screwed it up, and now it's pretty much unfixable, so I'm using my current meganium as an hm slave.

Years
  • Yeah, an unofficial one like on GameFaqs or something. In either Vol. 1 or 2 of the guides, there's a page about Pokérus and Shinies and it doesn't give the actual ratios, but it says that it's easier to breed shinies with a Pokémon you got in a trade from a different country. No clue who figured out the ratios, but they've been verified by several different sites.

tetrix1993

Quality-Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    Well... there is a 1/8192 chance of getting a Shiny Pokémon in the wild. But it would be even much difficult to get the Shinies from breeding, since you have to walk to hatch it...

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I'm trying to get a Shiny Charmander... Tried getting a Chimchar and a Pichu before that... Gone through over 3 boxes... I'VE GOTTEN POKEMON WITH MULTIPLE MAX STATS but NO SHINIES!!! WTF?!

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • It's a 1/8192 chance to encounter a shiny, including hatching one. With the Masuda Method it's down to a 1/2048 chance of hatching a shiny.

I'm trying to get a Shiny Charmander... Tried getting a Chimchar and a Pichu before that... Gone through over 3 boxes... I'VE GOTTEN POKEMON WITH MULTIPLE MAX STATS but NO SHINIES!!! WTF?!
    3 PC boxes is only 90 Pokémon. People have gone through 11 boxes (330 Pokémon), released all of those, and then gone through another 330 before seeing a shiny. You really need to have more patience than that to try the Masuda Method.

uillian

Need Beta tester? Found one.XD
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Nah U need lotsa luck, But if I did I could finish breaking the PC in excitement. And Someone would have to save my cat. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    I eventually hatched a couple shinies by trading over the GTS for a Japanese Ditto. I got 3 shiny Eevees that way (2 male, 1 female), even though it filled most of my boxes with unneeded Eevees. XD

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
  • Totally true. It even says so in the official strat guide.

The chances are 1/2,064 if you breed with a Pokémon traded from a game in a different country, 2/65,025 otherwise.

What does the Pokemon being foreign have to do with anything?

Back