• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Has anyone noticed the overabundance of bird Pokemon in B/W?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    If you ask me, the overabundance of bird-like Pokemon makes a lot of sense. [S-HIGHLIGHT]In real life we have so many birds around the world it's ridiculous.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] I don't know if birds are more significant number-wise in America than they are in Japan, but it sure seems to show as truth in B&W. XD;

I really don't mind all the "birds" [even though some of them aren't technically birds] in B&W. As long as there is a good reason behind anything, I'm usually fine with it~. ^.^

Goshdarn Birds
    . They are numerous in real life, though (with several of them never shutting up).

Plus, the Pokemon bird count is Kanto and Unova is approximately the same anyway, so it's hardly a bother at all. I wish there was one with the cry of a Morning Mourning Dove, though...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The more the merrier, as they sometimes say. I hated Sinnoh for its lack of decent birds, Hoenn was a let down as well. Glad that Unova is different.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    See now all I want know about, concerning the birds is why the hell a pigeon evolves into a pheasant :\

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    there is also a lot of new bug pokemon and i think that is werry good since there are werry few strong bug pokemon
    but the reason there is so many flying types is simple
    until you beat elite 4 you CANT catch any other pokemon than the new ones (or at least so ive heard)
    if thats tru it means their trying to kinda make a new red and blue but whit new pokemons
    and also there is about 150 new pokemon and when the first pokemons came out there was 150 of them
    so basicly they made a new pokemon game whit new pokemon thats suposed to have the feel of the first gen games
    or at least thats what i think

Um... this is old news :/

Anyway, there's only 12 'bird' pokemon. That's not an over-abundance... at all...

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Um... this is old news :/

Anyway, there's only 12 'bird' pokemon. That's not an over-abundance... at all...

well it might be but that is still the explination to the amount of flyings
    what if they made 3 flying types? then you would have too choose one of those and you would not be able to catch any other flyings untill after the elite 4

Mist_Ketchum

Daughter of Ash and Misty
    Years
    I've noticed the overburdance of birds but there is also a ton of bugs and dragon legendaries are now beginning to be used a bit much. ^^;

Years
    I counted earlier..I cant remember now but unova had like 16 pokemon with flying, i agree it seems like thats a lot.

Back