• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has Ash even changed or reached his goal?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
  • I have been a fan of Pokemon ever since I was a toddler, but some that is fishy is of Ash. His show is about him being a Pokemon master(complete the Pokemon league, he only won the Orange Islands thing. But he loses in every Pokemon league. But I understand his personality, stubborn and hyper, but what I don't understand is how Ash can't accept his rivals. Because Trip hates him because he's a hillbilly(the boonies, from Kanto, that's what he said), and that he can't evolve his pokemon(but I don't hate the way Ash's Pokemon don't evolve, some should). And that Ash, he's not even close to his goal. 14 years(13 in America) since it started. But the only parts Ash was close on is the Kanto league, if Charizard never fell asleep and kick that Charmander's butt, he could have won. But really, I do prefer for Ash to have a chance to win for once, but the series should go on if things play fair. Don't hate on me, it's how I think. Is it also odd that each region Ash goes, he sees a Pokemon he saw before, and sometimes he doesn't know what that Pokemon is(i.e in the Sinnoh Region).

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Actually he has won Orange Islands and Battle Frontier.

Ash character is generally a naturally kind and outgoing person, so it's not really odd for me to see him try and be nice to Trip or Paul. Even if both of them act like he jerks too him.

He can't evolve them or they don't want to?
    -Pikachu refused
    -Bulbasaur refused

A good deal of his pokemon are either evolved, fully evolved, or have no line so I don't really see where this is coming from.

How can one proceed to achieve his goal if he essentially gets reset each Saga for the benefit of the new audience? The reason he is no where near to becoming a "Pokemon Master" is greatly do to the writers not giving his character any or little to no progression from one Saga to the next. And if he does then at times they take that away from him like between the end of Sinnoh and beginning of Unova.

Kanto was the closest he got? That's Top 16 compared to, Top 8 in Johto, Top 8 in Hoenn, Top 4 in Sinnoh. Sure Ash would have won against Richie but he wouldn't have advanced much farther if all he has was a Charizard that rarely obeyed. Even if it did, then he would have one trump card and the rest would have lost in a six on six more then likely.

I hope Ash wins, but if they keep screwing him like giving a guy a Darkrai and a Latios for him to contend with then the likelihood slims down a bit.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • its kinda weird that ash is still 10/11 yet its almost 2012
    oh and is ash ever going to evolve his first water type pokemon?
    he never evolved squirtle, totodile, he didnt own a water type in hoenn and never evolved buizel
    the people who made the anime has got to make ash evolve a water type
    he wont be able to win a league if he doesnt have a strong a water type
    to beat ground,rock,fire, and some other pokemon types water has advantage

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It's more annoying because of the lack of progression then weird.

I don't see Squirtle evolving, since it would interfere with the whole Squirtle Squad dynamic unless they all evolved to Wartortle along with him.

Corphish says hi, and by all indications Buizel is pretty darn strong without evolving. Ash thrives on speed based Pokemon and Buizel is already just that.

They already did, Krabby into Kingler back at the Indigo League first round match.

That's arguable since Buizel like I said was pretty strong, Palpitoad looks to be strong. Not to mention the rights essentially writing Ash off or giving him some Uber Trainer with legends galore to face.

Ground has advantage over too of the types you mentioned and since Ash likes Ground types himself I don't think there is much to worry about. Not to mention that if they are playing the typing card it seems to usually be to Ash disadvantage then his advantage

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Ok, so i'm over his whole "ima be 10 forever" thing. I accept that now. But I think the writes should make him win at least ONE region league. That way after he wins, he is even more pumped up to continue his life goal(or childhood goal, should I say?hehe...) to become a Maestro de Pokemon(like my Spanish? Sorry, I'm bored.). I think winning one tournament would really help him become a more interesting main character, and someone a child watching the show could look up to or something.

......"Never give up on your dreams, Young One...".......

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    As what as I have mentioned before, I'd like Ash to capture a legendary Pokemon, but yeah, seems it's not gonna happen. For me, getting all of the eight badges in every region is already an accomplishment, I mean imagine, they are strong Gym Leaders, and could possibly end up or nominated as an Elite Four as well, so yeah. I actually hope that in B/W series, he'd actually win the Pokemon League and might as well as challenge the Elite Four. :)

Years
  • I just want Ash one day will grow up, win a champion in Kanto region.
    Ash should be only belonged to Kanto or OI region.

I'm already sick of Ash released his pokemon.....and lost the league again and again..:(

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I just want Ash one day will grow up, win a champion in Kanto region.
    Ash should be only belonged to Kanto or OI region.

I'm already sick of Ash released his pokemon.....and lost the league again and again..:(
    He already accomplished winning some of the minor championships, such as what is mentioned above, it's irritating to see him lose but that's obviously how the writers planned the storyline for him to explore the whole PokeWorld and for the franchise to release new games and introduce new ones too!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

He already accomplished winning some of the minor championships, such as what is mentioned above, it's irritating to see him lose but that's obviously how the writers planned the storyline for him to explore the whole PokeWorld and for the franchise to release new games and introduce new ones too!

I thought the Battle Frontier was actually major compared to most of the championships? I mean, Scott did react as though it was such.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    Geez...Another "I wish Ash would win the Pokemon League" thread?

Sorry if I sound grumpy, but it just seems like half of the threads here anymore are filled with complaining about how Ash didn't evolve all of his pokemon and win everything. Gilligan didn't get off the island either, but that didn't make the show bad.

I thought the Battle Frontier was actually major compared to most of the championships? I mean, Scott did react as though it was such.

This quote, however, did brighten my mood. Scott created the BF, so as the owner he had to promote it heavily. I like to think that Scott was stretching the truth slightly to push his privately owned league. For those old enough to remember, I think of his Battle Frontier compared to the Pokemon League like Vince McMahon's XFL was to the NFL... It was promoted as if it was better, but in reality that was very questionable. I'm not so sure that many of the Frontier Brains could have really taken on members of the Elite 4. Brandon, sure...but the others are a little more doubtful.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Well, to begin with a Pokemon Master isn't even defined. A lot of people believe that's just what you're called when you win a league, but they're typically referred to as Champion rather than Master, though I could be wrong. That's just based on a bit of memory, but I don't remember anyone calling Cynthia "Master".

I guess Ash is just happy as is, since Pokemon Master can be defined to fit to your circumstance anyway. In Ash's case, it could just be his strong bonds between all his Pokemon that he classifies as being a "Master". Or, it could just relate to that he's able to battle and interact with Pokemon adeptly. And then again, it could just be empathy and all.

I just wrote a bunch of "could be's". Anyway, maybe the day when the Pokemon Anime airs its last episode Ash will become a Pokemon Master.

Years

• He already accomplished winning some of the minor championships, such as what is mentioned above, it's irritating to see him lose but that's obviously how the writers planned the storyline for him to explore the whole PokeWorld and for the franchise to release new games and introduce new ones too!
    That's why OI is my favourite.:D
    I know that Pokemon company wanna promote the new generation pokemon,
    But Ash is still 10 after more ten years journey and looks like a rookie trainner with a Lv5 Pikachu.........:'(

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I've come to accept that Ash is going to stay 10 forever so I honestly don't care if he doesn't win a league and become Pokemon master or act stupid from time to time. Seriously he's 10, I don't think it's very reasonable to expect a 10 year old to fulfill their life long goals before they turn 11. Also a lot of the people he battles against in the leagues are a lot older than him and they've probably been losing at many other regions is well so it's not like he's the only one.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Actually he has won Orange Islands and Battle Frontier.

Ash character is generally a naturally kind and outgoing person, so it's not really odd for me to see him try and be nice to Trip or Paul. Even if both of them act like he jerks too him.

He can't evolve them or they don't want to?
    -Pikachu refused
    -Bulbasaur refused

A good deal of his pokemon are either evolved, fully evolved, or have no line so I don't really see where this is coming from.

How can one proceed to achieve his goal if he essentially gets reset each Saga for the benefit of the new audience? The reason he is no where near to becoming a "Pokemon Master" is greatly do to the writers not giving his character any or little to no progression from one Saga to the next. And if he does then at times they take that away from him like between the end of Sinnoh and beginning of Unova.

Kanto was the closest he got? That's Top 16 compared to, Top 8 in Johto, Top 8 in Hoenn, Top 4 in Sinnoh. Sure Ash would have won against Richie but he wouldn't have advanced much farther if all he has was a Charizard that rarely obeyed. Even if it did, then he would have one trump card and the rest would have lost in a six on six more then likely.

I hope Ash wins, but if they keep screwing him like giving a guy a Darkrai and a Latios for him to contend with then the likelihood slims down a bit.

I saw the episode when Bulbasaur almost evolved, and Pikachu twice.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]How does Ash travel to 5 different regions...but never age at all? Hes been 10 for 13 (i think)years![/SIZE]
    They want to add freshness to each Saga. Maybe they fear aging him will mean the eventual parting of his character and Pikachu which I doubt they want to see. This isn't unheard of though see we have the Simpsons going on for years and none of their characters have aged.

Years
  • its kinda weird that ash is still 10/11 yet its almost 2012
    oh and is ash ever going to evolve his first water type pokemon?
    he never evolved squirtle, totodile, he didnt own a water type in hoenn and never evolved buizel
    the people who made the anime has got to make ash evolve a water type
    he wont be able to win a league if he doesnt have a strong a water type
    to beat ground,rock,fire, and some other pokemon types water has advantage

It's not weird, characters generally don't age in anime and cartoons.
    What makes Pokémon any different?

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    It's not weird, characters generally don't age in anime and cartoons.
    What makes Pokémon any different?

Most of the fanbase doesn't seem to understand that. Or want to.

Well, one could say it takes a month or two for Ash to travel through each region. Following that logic, Ash still being ten years old doesn't sound too ridiculous.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • This is due to the reason that if they let Ash reach his dream, there would be no more anime to continue. The anime would stop with ash being victorious. THE END. New character they need to redesign, remodel, repopularized.

and he won the Battle Frontier.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • I seriously think that the time for the Ash that we know and love needs to move on. Possibly to do a Naruto Shippuden style thing where he is much older and stronger? Or maybe carry on a season or two more then bring in a fresh new trainer with a different attitude like the Yugi Oh GX style?

Back