• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has Ash even changed or reached his goal?

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    Maybe the reason he loses most of the time has to do with Japan? Don't tv and movies in Japan usually have the character(s) lose in competition at the end? As oppose to the west where they usually win.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    I wish they could have aged Ash and given him some better Pokemon as the seasons progressed. Its always the same story, the bulbasaur and turtwig characters along with most of the others all repeat themselves as he moves on, he should have caught more pokemon and trained alot harder. He hardly ever actually wins a Gym badge too, they are generally given to him for some random deed of goodwill. If I was a character in the cartoon, even at ten years old, I would have Destroyed ash in Ash in battle lol

Zeus

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
    If I was a character in the cartoon, even at ten years old, I would have Destroyed ash in Ash in battle lol

Zeus

You know it probably wouldn't be that easy.
    It would be a lot more difficult than in the games just catching all of those strong pokemon :3.
    Ash's pokemon are portrayed to be very strong willed and tough regardless of how evolved they are.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Maybe the reason he loses most of the time has to do with Japan? Don't tv and movies in Japan usually have the character(s) lose in competition at the end? As oppose to the west where they usually win.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that since anime characters(yes from Japan) show progression if the seasons are continuations. They don't lose their competence or skill they generally progress gradually. This seems to be more of a Pokemon thing then a Japanese TV/Movie thing.

I wish they could have aged Ash and given him some better Pokemon as the seasons progressed. Its always the same story, the bulbasaur and turtwig characters along with most of the others all repeat themselves as he moves on, he should have caught more pokemon and trained alot harder. He hardly ever actually wins a Gym badge too, they are generally given to him for some random deed of goodwill. If I was a character in the cartoon, even at ten years old, I would have Destroyed ash in Ash in battle lol

Zeus
    Better pokemon? He has had good pokemon it's just the people he faced in the leagues had better ones i.e. Blaziken, majority of Tyson team, Darkrai and Latios. If you mean change it up too allow less starters then I can agree with that. Cause that seems way to generic to me. Although its partly due to promotional purposes. Maybe your thinking of Kanto where he didn't even deserve to get more then half the badges he received? Cause I pretty sure in most of the prior Sagas he worked for his badges even if he had to rematch the leaders.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I'm still sore about his loss at the Sinnoh league. By the time he took out Darkrai, there was pretty much little to no chance he could have won the match, anyway. They could have used his defeating Darkrai as a symbol of his growth and prowess by allowing him to turn it around and lose the match with dignity.

But no. They had to screw it up by having Latios continue to curbstomp him into the ground. Cheapest. Loss. Ever.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    He's getting closer and closer by the region.
    But there's something always stopping him.
    He was Top 4 in Sinnoh, no?
    Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn
    Top 16 in Kanto.

By the looks of it, he'll reach top 2 or win this time.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
    He's getting closer and closer by the region.
    But there's something always stopping him.
    He was Top 4 in Sinnoh, no?
    Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn
    Top 16 in Kanto.

By the looks of it, he'll reach top 2 or win this time.

.-. I watched the episodes. But Ash needs to win for one.

Back