• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Has cheating ruined your experiance

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
    Years
    Ever since i used AR on my Ruby version i cant stop. It has ruined my whole pokemon gaming experiance because i cant stop using it to keep leveling up my pokemon. From this day forward i will not use my AR anymore!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    personally cheating is a must for me... how else am i suppose to get the international pokedex and all the others? Plus to get a right personality for the legendaries (the eon siblings only... Kyogre/Groudon/Regitrio/Rayquaza just stand there so you can use reset trick... but they on the other hand...) is such a great pain that I just use a personality cheat to ensure that they are of a certain personality.

Plus there are just a few things that roms can't do while the real ones can... you just have to rely on cheats for these stuff.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    No, since I only use cheats when I become so frustrased that I am about to give up or to make the game harder.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
    That ois what yas1 told me! He said you used the cheats for it and is them on your gameshark on vba! Well. I don't think I will do that. I like playing on my vba nice and regular , no codes!

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    I have used an Action Replay to level up my pokemon and get Jirachi and Deoxys, but I am not addicted and I don't use it anymore. My Ruby Team now can never be as strong as it could cause of Action Replay, so I have started a new game on Sapphire, so far I haven't used the AR once, and if i ever use it it will be to get Jirachi and Deoxys.

Amras_Calaelen

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I am using it to complete the national pok?dex. I created codes of all base pokemon (male and female) in eggs.

Minor point: Have to turn gb on, select the codes, go to the pc in the game, move egg, save game, turn gb off and then over again

But when I am finished: MUWHAHAA

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
    On my Ruby game for GBASP I don't have a GameShark or Action Replay so I can't cheat but I still have caught 188 Pokemon but in my Sapphire Rom for Visual Boy Advance I did use a Rare Candy cheat so all my Pokemon were at level 75 and everyone else had Pokemon at level 35. But it was still fun because it was Pokemon. But I think it is more fun when you don't use cheats.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
    Cheating on my blue version was fun for while.... But not only did it ruin my experiance.. it ruined the cartrage and destroyed my saved game.

I vowed then, that i would never again cheat in any way or form in the pokemon universe. Besides.. a real master doesnt cheat, but i learned that the hard way.

Deranged

Secretly Popular
    Years
    I got addicted to using an AR back in the days of Yellow. Unfortunately, one day it killed my game.

Probably about 400+ hours, gone in the blink of an eye.

My unstoppable Legendaries - gone.

Thing is, I only only used the thing to get items, as I was playing Stadium at the time, and I thought it was unfair that all the trainers in that seemed to have access unlimited TM's.

I still do mind you - I am tempted to use an AR again for extra Items again.

But fortunately I don't have one - yet :|

Amras_Calaelen

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    latios tamer said:
    whats gonna happen wene you're finished

:nervous:

Hmm, it seems that I have found a new option in that calculator..you can set box locations...can the game handle 184X2=386X2 (a friend wants them as well, he has ruby)=772 codes at the same time...there goes my cartridge lol :D

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    You can copy them over. When the code is disabled/removed, the code Pokemon is erased but all copied over pokemon remain.

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
    I play through the game regularly at first (unless i want a certain team, because i dont like most of the RS pokemon) Then after I play through and beat everything I use cheats....

Larry Koopa

The coolest of the Koopas
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2003
    I only use my codebreaker on my ruby version( My Sapphire version is to full of valuable pokemon to risk it!) Then again, i only use it to get items, then i transer them to my Sapphire. That way, I can get my items, and my sapphire game wont get corrupted.

Years
    has anyone ever herd of a Xplorer cheat cart i live in uk and i only ever see them i cant find any AR or gameshark ones anywhere are the Xplorer's just as good?

Back