• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

has ev training taken the fun out of pokemon

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
    just think before we knew about Ev trainging all we used to do is all of the pokemon and raise thm to level 100 now if the pokemon isnt the right nature you got to spend hours breeding to find the right one you want then you have to spend even longer looking for the right guys to get certain EV's.... am i the only one who feels like this

codymr14

Years
    ok so i am the only one who thinks thiis

like the reason im saying this is cuz im thinking of getting a tyranitar or metagross as a good team mate but i dont know what to make him and what to ev train him or where so this is pretty much why it just to confusing

Last edited:

codymr14

Years
    ya thats kinda what im getting at it is way to confusing but maybe if someone could help me out with it i could get a better idea of it and maybe think it is fun

hotrod192

Years
    I agree with you. I don't care what nature the guy I get is, nor do I care what EVs he's trained in.

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    It adds Dimension to the game.Although it takes me forever to get them were i want.but hey.makes you play the game longer.so i gotta give it to them there

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    EV training is sorta boring, but it's exciting for me to be able to battle with them after that training just to see how good they really are.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    EV training itself can be quite a tedious task, but once it's done it's really rewarding. And vitamins, Macho Brace, Pokérus and the held items that give you 4 EVs in their corresponding stats (Power Anklet etc.) really speed up EV training. So no, I wouldn't say EV training has taken the fun out of Pokémon because it makes the game twice as fun once you're done with it and get to use your EV trained Pokémon in battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    I don't think it's boring. A pain in the ass to get good IVs on pokemon, but the nature is easily obtained and you control the EVs you want.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    spend ten minuets reading the guides on serebii.net and you'll understand, I don't think its taken the fun out of the game, but I took 5 hours of playing (not straight) to get a level 1. adament sneasel, only to realise that the daycare had goten rid of my bunearies ice punch and I didn't even get him with ice punch! I think that breeding is a little hard (specially for me) but EV training is pretty quick, half an hour a stat max if you do it right.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ev Traning may be Long, but in the End it's worth it. It also makes the Game Last Longer then it already it does.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't think it's boring. A pain in the ass to get good IVs on pokemon, but the nature is easily obtained and you control the EVs you want.
    IV breeding isn't that hard as long as you do it systematically. On my Emerald cartridge I got an Impish (thanks to Everstone) Rhyhorn with 31 HP, 30 Defense and Attack and around 24 Speed and Sp.Defense as the result of 1 hour of breeding.

codymr14

Years

ok here is what im talking about what is up with IV's and how do you check them and if htey are good or not cuz im trying to remake my lucario so he will be stronger and i dont know what nature or whatever IV's are for him/her

drogontimer

The Wrath of GENGAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    I don't care if a pokemon is good and I have it its going to be good no matter what you do. I think Ev training is stupid, and that you should just train a poke and deal with it. Although you can't really expect ppl to not get the strongest guy. It's just competitive nature, but I still don't agree with it.

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
    da hell is goin on?!
    firstly why would anyone think it was stupid, and why would anyone think it takes the fun out of the game.
    Its like saying "i think those contests are stupid" well just dont do them then!!
    You dont have to EV train or breed for perfect IV's, its a choice. Alot of people enjoy EV training and it brings hours more gameplay into the game as well as noticable benefits in your pokemon.
    baaaaaka~~

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    well, i for one think it makes it a little bit more fun.

it gives you something to sort strive for, and allows you to shape your pokes exactly as you want them.

although, i'm not a hardcore breed-all-day kind of guy, i usually use whatever nature i've got and work with it. iv's havent been a big thing for me either

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    No, EV training doesn't take the fun out of pokemon,

It takes long of course, and I just started doing it, but what's more fun then smashing your friends into the dust with your lv. 100 EV trained pokemon. :P

Back