• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has Gen 6 changed your play style?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • I think I have to change my play style. My problem is I dont know how i want to have it changed. Nor do I really know where to start. I am just wondering has anyone changed their play style?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I was never into competitive battling until gen 6, so I guess you could say that it's changed my battling style. :P

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Yeah, most playstyles are forced to change with the changing metagames. Stall kinda got a boot this gen with more powerful sweepers and wall breakers, and of course Hyper Offense got a nice boost. I've been doing semistall since D/P though and still do, it works for me fine. So no, mine hasn't changed much, if at all.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • While hyper aggressive and aggressive strategies seem to be benefiting the most from the change in metagame, i feel that with more time, stall/semistall strategies will become more viable, though i personally feel they are viable right now.

New move typing and weaknesses minorly changes the way i play. Since steel no longer resists Dark and Ghost types, every time i see a Metagross, i crunch it.

I would say that mine has adapted to the changes of the meta, as usual/expected.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah, I agree with dreyko on that one. I'm probably not going to rely heavily on the Dragon-type like I used to, with these Fairy-types roaming around... :/ Other than the metagame, I haven't really changed anything.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    Yeah, it has.
    The reason?

Before Gen6, I wasn't able access Wi-Fi since you have to have a WEP or no security on internet to access the Battle online.
    Now, I can access battles through Wi-Fi.

Back