• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has playing Pokemon games ever got you into trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Have you ever gotten into trouble for over-indulging with Pokemon, like your parents scolding you, or missing something important (like maybe a date with your gf/bf :P) or anything else you wanna share!

Pika Pika :chu:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    When I was a kid my friend Chase has his Ninetails card taken away when he brought it to school
    Playing Pokemon never got me in trouble but I had my game boy taken away for as week because my mom and teacher thought I hit a classmate, I tried to give her a pat on the back but they thought I hit her.

pkmin3033

I got in trouble for taking Pokemon cards to school once - they were banned but, of course, we all wanted to trade and compare, so we took them anyway and tried to be covert about it, haha - and I had my Gameboy taken away from me because I spent too much time playing Pokemon instead of revising for my Year 6 SATs, but otherwise not really.

My mother, the only real obstacle I have with my gaming habits, has never been on very firm ground when it comes to criticising me for playing Pokemon, because she's been playing the games as well since Yellow. xD

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I got on one of my teachers' bad side for playing Pokémon in the middle of class last year.

That's about it, really.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yes I was arrested.
    But that was just a joke. So far there hasn't anything that can be called as a trouble. I do recall I got eyed weirdly in middle school, when people learn that I was still playing Pokémon!

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I remember there was one wacko teacher in 4th grade who forbade us from playing pretend Pokemon games on the playground (where we would pretend to be Pokemon and have little adventures). None of us listened to her.

She also tried to put me into conversion therapy so this teacher was really messed up :P

Other than that I've never had to "fight for my right" to play Pokemon. It's not like I do it during class or anything like that, so it's no big deal.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Back when I first started playing Pokemon as a kid? More times than I can even count. My friends and I were literally addicted to Pokemon. It was to the point where we would play in class underneath our desks. There were a few times we even broke out the link cables and traded during class. Eventually my teacher caught on and my Gameboy got confiscated. I didn't get it back for a month @_@

Years
    At my high school, gaming and music devices are banned so I was never able to play Pokemon until I got home. These days, my mother claims my playing Pokemon slows down important jobs that she gets me to do and if I don't meet her standards she gets angry instantly and I can imagine how many times she has blamed Pokemon for it.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Shortly after Pokemon Gold/Silver came out, I was in my last year of elementary school.

Needless to say, I was fully invested in the game and skipped out on my regular "homework hours." I mean, I still did my homework, I just didn't do it in my standard time I negotiated with my parents. Basically it's come back from school, eat something, relax for an hour, do homework for X hours before dinner, finish homework, relax, go to sleep.

Instead for me it became come back from school, play Pokemon until dinner, do homework later.

So while I was busying chasing Entei around Johto after I got back from school, my mother caught me playing when I should be doing my homework.

She threw my Gameboy against the wall and pretty much destroyed it.

I got another Gameboy a few weeks later, but I learned to control my urges to play.

Years
    I got preety much scolding by my mom for playing pokemon all the time. Like I was eating dinner with one hand and playing pokemon with other hand. I am also eating while playing. I don't know what makes my mom angry.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016

"But MOM! I can't save during a battle!" Me age 4-11. Needless to say, got me in trouble so many times. I'm sure everyone else feels me.
    Thank you DS, for just saving on battery when being flipped shut.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
    When I was a kid I had one of those light attachments for my Game Boy Color so when I was supposed to go to bed I would stay up late playing Pokemon. I also faked sick quite a few times so I could lay in bed and play Pokemon all day. I don't believe I was ever caught doing either of these, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    In general, I didn't tend to play Pokemon at "inappropriate times" (i.e., when I should be doing homework), and I didn't bring my games or cards to school, so I didn't typically get in trouble for playing. I do recall trying to get up at 4 am on sleepovers to start playing, which my mom wasn't happy about. I also have a lot of memories of playing Pokemon under the covers with my wormlight when I was supposed to be sleeping, but either my parents didn't notice, or they didn't care.

I never had rules about when I could or couldn't play games, though. I was always pretty studious and self-motivated, so I didn't blow off my homework to play Pokemon. As long as I got my work done and went to my other outside activities, playdates, etc., I don't think my parents cared that much about whether I played Pokemon or not. And I joined the craze a little later than most people I knew, so I already knew what could go wrong if I brought Pokemon stuff to class, and I consequently avoided doing so.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I used to play it in the car (4th grade i believe), and I remember me being in a battle when we had to get out of the car. I refused to go until I finished the battle and saved- i didnt realize I could just close the DS lol.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I brought my game boy color to after school daycare when I was like.. 7? Because I saw a girl's older sister playing one when her parents came to pick her up so I figured that meant I could play mine too. The teacher took it away from me! I was so sad. But I didn't get in too much trouble!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Ever gotten in me into trouble? No. As long as I did my homework and studied for tests my parents had no problem with me playing for hours. Sometimes they would give me a limit for how long I was allowed to play. I didn't like that very much but if I didn't listen I would get grounded lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back