• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has the Anime Ever Affected Your Life?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Has the Pokemon Anime ever affected the way you function in real life? This can be both in a positive way or a negative way. You could say how the anime positively changed your perspective of life because of a message from an episode that hit you right at home and wished to improve your own life. Or maybe the anime negatively changed your perspective of life because you've witnessed something disheartening in an episode that causes you to lose focus on other things, because you're too traumatized on what you saw and tried to get it out of your head but keeps coming back to haunt your mind. You could already guess on how the anime affected my life, but what's yours?

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
    I know I was hit right in the "feels" when
    Spoiler:

omg the nostalgia. That changed my views on relationships.
    at least with people, but I was a kid back then so... cutely ignorant of how things worked I guess?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Hmm... the only part of the Pokemon Anime that has ever affected me enough to feel emotion was the Pokemon 4Ever movie. I remember feeling extreme emotion when, you know, Celebi was dead. But, that's so far, the only one that ever has made me feel any sort of emotion or affected me at all. I was younger then, so I guess it hit me harder. The movies have more emotional impact for me than pretty much anything in Pokemon, suppose some can see where I'm coming from with this. The regular anime itself doesn't really have much impact on me anymore, I guess. Perhaps I've grown out of it.

Years
    My English is not good but I will try to answer.

Pokémon affected my life in many positive and negative ways.
    I will answer in a similar way to the previous answers.

I remember feeling very happy watching movie 3 and movie 4. The characters of movie 3 really like Pokémon, and I enjoyed watching their enjoyment. I wanted to enjoy my time like them. I started writing my own stories of Pokémon. Now, I can write great stories but in my native language, not English.

Has the Anime Ever Affected Your Life?

Then I watched movie 4 and I like it too much. One of its best parts is the intersection of Ash's story with the journey of professor Oak. I spent 3 days thinking about time travelling.

About the negative part: it was the decrease of my marks in some exams. I feel sad that all my favourite characters and Pokémon left the series years ago.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    Well, whenever I watch the Pokémon Anime, it reminds me of a simpler time and it also reminds me who I was. So, it affects me in positive ways, since I can find my real self again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Affected me as such, no, I'd say no. But yeah watching the Anime Series does make me happy.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
    It did. It gave me a lot of awesome memories from watching the anime and playing the game alone. Also being able to battle other people and meet new people through the games or the anime is still pretty awesome. Pokemon gave me the courage to go outside of my own city to competitions and have fun which I don´t regret in the least, because it made the past year much more awesome than it would have been without it. I will definitely never stop watching the anime or play the games because it´s just too much fun:)

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    Goodbye pikachu was the first time anything on TV made me sad since Sintel (which is a great movie imho (It's on youtube))

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    It was good in the beginning but they should have ran the official G/S animation alongside the Ash G/S. That is the failure with the animation. Even Team Rocket in the original Animation was a lot more cleaner and better. I really would like to see the misadventures of Giovanni's son but nooooooooooooooo we had to have Ash.

The moment they introduced not-Ash and his Pikachu along with Ash failing to fight Gary that was when the series went down the drain. Everything else is about the new girl that replaces Misty and poor Brock.

Team Rocket also gained in development with Butch and Cassidy and the rest of the Rocket gang.

I do not really count the movies at all, or anything past the original Pokemon world.

Back