• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has your favourite Pokemon changed?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • The title says it all has you favourite Pokemon changed? Did it maybe change after new Pokemon were released or you just fell in love with a Pokemon after you saw it in anime or was there another reason?

Personally my favourite Pokemon has always been Vaporeon and I think it always will be. I think my 2nd favourite (Beedrill) and 3rd favourite (Tangela) are also solid in their spot.

Ayselipera

I'm going to leave this open since it's a "Have your favorites changed?" thread and not a "What is your favorite Pokemon" thread which is already stickied. *So with that said don't turn this into a What's your favorite Pokemon thread!*

Anyways, I never had a definite favorite Pokemon till Bellsprout, which is my favorite at the moment and has been for well over a year. Before Bellsprout I could never choose because there were so many and I was overwhelmed. :( Although when I first got into Pokemon I was all about fire types and so some of my more favorited Pokemon were Ninetales, Flareon, Rapidash, etc.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Gengar was my favorite first gen, then when second gen came out it was feraligatr. Don't get me wrong, I still love me some gengar but I prefer water types

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
  • No. My favorite is Dratini. And then Sableye came out, and he doesn't supersede dratini, but he's definitely not below him. They are equally my favorite.

Years
  • My favorites have always been my favorites; I've just added more favorites to them. Unfortunately, most of the Pokémon I've added to my favorites list are Pokémon that I've come to appreciate more over time, not new Pokémon that have just been introduced.

There has been a bit of switching around in the order of my favorites, however. For example, my original favorites (as I remember--could be faulty) were Arcanine, Lapras, Articuno, Growlithe, Dewgong, Vaporeon, and Squirtle. I'm pretty sure Arcanine has not always occupied the top spot as it does now, as I'm pretty sure Squirtle, Lapras, and Articuno have all held that position at one point or another, but when they were displaced, they didn't drop off my favorites list--they simply became "one" of my favorites, rather than "the" favorite. Nowadays, though, I think my favorites list is pretty stable and I don't expect it to change unless Gamefreak really surprises me with an awesome new design.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked Kabutops in Gen I and Swampert and Gardevoir in Gen III, but my current favorite Pokemon is Gallade. I still like the aforementioned Pokemon, though.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Mew has always been my favorite, but the spots below it have shifted quite a bit over the years, usually less to accommodate new Pokemon and more to solidify my opinion after new thoughts emerge about old Pokemon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Mewtwo and Lugia have always been my top favorites. Seeing them in movies just made that feeling even stronger! If anything, I'm always just adding "favorites" to my list when a new Gen comes out haha, no other Pokemon is in any specific order. :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mine changes a lot :/ I bet in like 2 weeks I'll hate Seel and be obsessing over something like Electrode. XD

All time favorite has to be; Breloom. I want its hat. :3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • My first was Scyther. Mostly because of how powerful it was when Bugsy used it in battle (yes I lost a lot to him -.-). But now it is my 3rd favorite. Pidgeot comes in first, and Dragonair in 2nd.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I really like Magikarp and will always be one of my favourite Pokemons! <3

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • First gen: I loved Lickitung and Porygon. I never heard anyone mention them, they seemed so mysterious at the time. I made it a point to keep an eye out for them, listening for their name during Pokemon discussions became something of a game for me.
    They became my staple team when I played Pokemon Stadium.

Second Gen: I fell even more in love with Lickitung and Porygon once a second generation was added. The craze over the new designs just made my favorites seem more obscure.
    I think I liked most of the second gen, my favorite was governed by which Pokemon was in the show that week. I recall being particularly fond of Quilava and Marill though.

Third gen: I remember seeing Kecleon in the anime and falling in love with it. He was, to me, the third gen's Lickitung. A lizard no one paid much attention to (although I suppose he received a bit more attention than Lickitung did in gen 1.)
    Tropius was the next Pokemon to catch my eye. I had become fairly obsessed with the third gen, but I had never heard of one before. I was really shocked when I ran into one in the game and captured it instantly. An obscure, flying dinosaur that grew fruit?! Could anything be cooler?!

Fourth Gen: I lost interest in Pokemon some time before the fourth gen came out and only became interested again toward the end of 2008. I wasn't fascinated by this generation as a whole, but I did love Empoleon and Shellos.
    Empoleon combined my love of penguins and royalty and I just absoutely loved Shellos' design.

Fifth Gen: I think the fifth gen really spoiled me, haha. I've fallen in love with so many of the designs!
    Jalorda, Erufuun, Reuniclus, Shandera, Kojondo and Gobitto stood out the most to me. Their designs are just beautiful.

I still love all of them after all these years.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Oh yes, not because new Pokemon came out but because my tastes changed. I think my first favourite was Chikorita, and now it's Magneton. There've been a few between those, too.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I didn't realy have a particular favourite until I played Diamond <3 Honchkrow is my favourite :3 He's kinda just sitting in my Diamond game at the moment though :s

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Mine has changed a couple of times; first it was Charmeleon, then Scizor but I think Oshawott could be my new favourite, I don't know why, I guess he's just pretty cool.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Firstly I get my first game, Crystal, I found Gastly so useful there (it makes me liked Ghost type), then I get many Unown card, it makes me liked Unown because it has many form, and I'm searching for Pokemon Platinum GBA (how stupid I'm that time), I found Light Platinum and played it, from the story, I liked Arceus, I search it on google, and I found it is the strongest Pokemon

Back