• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Konkat

So Square I'm Pixelated
    Years
    I only ever owned Gold, but through trades and luck (no cheating at all) I had managed to get every pokemon. I lost it all when the battery died. I changed the battery and it works fine again, however I understand that there aren't enough people who play G/S/C anymore for me to repeat my accomplishment. I play it occasionally for nostalgia. It had my favorite storyline so far, and introduced some of my favorite pokemon, Octillery, Ampharos, Houndoom, Heracross, Lanturn, etc. Ahh...The memories....

There are plenty of people who still play, aren't there? I see people with RBYGSC all the time at sanctioned TCG events. You just have to look for them, I suppose. although... Why bother refilling that dex when you have a new dex to fill? =P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    My Gold and Red still work fine, it's Sapphire that died for me. I don't know how but the battery became dislodged when I was playing it with a friend in the car and now it will not even load due to the battery being completly removed. I almost cried as well as I had just seen Latias :(

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Mwahahaha I just got a CycloDS so I don't need an internal battery!
    Real time save FTW!

But yer my gold died a while ago

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
    My Silver version worked just fine after it got wet (Along with my GameBoy, there were water droplets inside the screen but it worked perfectly). I lost it a few years ago, but I still have a working copy of Gold.

Years
    Had it since '01 and still she's still working as if it was brand new. If it does though, I've already planned it anyway, JUST IN CASE (lol).

Years
    NONE of my games has had the internal battery die out yet I THINK, my blue version from 1998 still loaded my original save when i tried it a few weeks back, which im proud of lol

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    My silver's battery died, guessing about 50-100 hours playtime on it, sucks :S

I think I bought it used though, so that might explain it.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    All the internal batteries on my pre-third gen games have died...except my Yellow. Funny story, though, if you experiment with glitches a bit too much you're save file will not only be deleted, but the entire cartridge will blow out. At least I have Emerald and Diamond...

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    My Silver died, but my Gold and Crystal are still good as new. I don't really care about them anyway, though. And when I got Silver, the battery was alredy dead. Gamestop ripped me off!

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    my gold and silver died, but i replaced them. 8]
    i didnt even use a soldering iron (cbf'd) i just used medical tape. *retard smile*
    my crystal hasnt died yet.. im thinking it will soon.

do the r/b/y games die?
    cause ive had my red for like as long as its been out and ive used it so much the label is barely readable.
    and it hasnt died.

Years
    Red, Yellow, Crystal (currently missing) and Pokemon Trading Card game (the gb game) still work.

My gold is long dead but not because of the battery since I can still load it up and make a new game.. just no saving and no professor in the intro talk about pokemon..

I've had them since they were originally released so.. not bad lifespan

Drazirak

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Gold and Silver died a while ago but I still have crystal, although I suspect it won't last for much longer.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Other than my gold deleting itself again, my silver and crystal had no time when i loaded them. Other than that, the IB works perfectly after 7-8 years.

Back