• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    Which games run dry? What causes it? Can it be prevented? How do you fix it? Sorry, I never heard of internal batteries before, and now I'm worried about all of my games. xD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Nope, mine's fine. I've clocked up 300 hours on Pokémon Silver and hopefully can continue to clock up a few hundred more *touch wood* :D

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    The only games whose Internal Batteries can die, are the Gold and Silver cartridges, but only after 6-7 years. Then, it can simply be replaced at specific locations. Since then, there hasn't been any other games that present the same problem. Luckily, my Gold and Silver games stil have a lot of life to give.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    My sister's gold she has had it since 1999 so it has been like 10 years and she plays it every day!! Yet her cartriges are perfectly fine.

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    My pokemon Silver died after I'd done most of the game, so I wasn't too annoyed. But my Yellow stopped saving properly and deleted the Data... Juuuuuuuuust before the E4. Ironic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    My Crystal version died about a year ago. I wish I would have thought about just replacing the internal battery before I threw it out. D= So, eventually, I just bought a new one. All is well. Plus I learned a very valuable lesson.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    My Pokemon Yellow works fine. I was all worried at first but then again, my sister has had hers for 10 years and I take WAY better care of my games then she does, so mine probably has a lot of life left in them. I'm really not sure. Is there any way to tell when your internal battery will die?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Yes all my GBC games internal batteries have died. But my dad puts in new ones for me so its all good. :D

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    My gold died, but I bought a replacement on Amazon. Crystal is still going strong. All my first gen ones are fine though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    if they die you can just replace them yourself.

a friend of mine used a watch battery to fix mine and now it works great.

id advise getting someone who has some experience with electronics to do it though

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    My yellow internal battery died... I was so bummed. I hadn't gotten very far in it, though, so I wasn't too bummed, but still. It's a sad thing.

Years
    Anyone have experience in replacing the battery? Can you use super glue to put the tabs back on or is it better to solder them on the new battery? Anyone know how much of a difference a cr2032 battery is compared to cr20205 like how much longer it can last etc?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    The wait is killing me. I want them to die so I could hurry and replace battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back