• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hated this generation

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    The graphics could not have been as bad as Pokemon FR LG. The colors are very dull and unpleasant to look at.

For that I must completely disagree, the limitations of the hardware means that not many colors can be used, so it's very hard to have verity. The ds colors were so advanced compared to the gba, it's not a fair comparison

Years
    People hate Unova for the same reasons they hate Windows 8, which is silly reasons.

The only "problem" of the region is the layout, since they decided to make all the cities around the Entralink, which, while "logical" (considering the significance of the Entralink), also made for a bland design. They tried to fix this in B2W2 both architectural and storywise since they send you to the other side after Mistralton which is "counter-intuitive" but they make it work in the story.

The Pokémon are powerful and useful, and don't look too bad. The gameplay is very pleasant and the later games have so much content.

I think the linear layout was probably to make the games cater better to beginners yet I don't understand all the ranting directed towards it. B2/W2 did at least change up the story and take you down a less linear path which most people liked a bit better.

Also, the Pokemon designs tend to get hated that people don't understand how strong they really are in terms of stats, and the content is also solid so you'll still have a sizable amount of stuff to keep you entertained after the Elite Four.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Are we making fun of Unova? Again? I thought we were past this people!
    The Graphics are ok theyre not omg terrible but as said it was a transition to 3D

The pokemon sure some people dont like Vannilite or Garbador but alot of them are pretty creative like Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Lilligant and alot of others.

The gym leaders themselves were interesting finally we had them in places that didnt all look the same saying gym on the top no we had a rollercoaster, an art gallery, a secret passage in a museum, some club that has a really rocking band and not to mention a building on the water. Not only did the gyms look great but the gym leader designs were pretty nice as well especially the coloring and they had backstories to each if anyone ever heard Elesa's story.

And surely im not the only one that thought this gen had some of the best cities? I mean comeon castelia city was pretty amazing and we are basically done with cookie cutter paper towns in 5th gen the cities actually have backstories and meaning!

And not to mention they finally gave some form of height differientation! Now your mom is actually taller than you! Although it didnt look the best it was GFs first time trying it and it looks pretty good in XY thanks to them trying a bunch of new things in gen 5.

So whenever you think wow Gen 5 was terrible i hated the pokemon the story was crap blah blah blah look at some of the cool things GF made 5th gens not my favorite but it introduced alot of cool stuff!

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
    For that I must completely disagree, the limitations of the hardware means that not many colors can be used, so it's very hard to have verity. The ds colors were so advanced compared to the gba, it's not a fair comparison

Yeah I know that. I hack gba games lol.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I would say the graphics were pretty impressive for the DS. Particularly Marine Tube and Skyarrow Bridge where they definitely showed off well.

Yeah, the DS is no PSP. They squeezed as much juice as they could out of it with B2W2, but there was a clear focus on performance, because 4th gen was the opposite (more graphically focused) and that wasn't very good.

Reactions: Sun
    Back