• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hatin' my Balls!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    Since Hg/Ss came out, new balls were introduced (duh!). There are a wide variety of balls to choose from when wanting to catch Pokemon. Is there one ball you just hate?

Personally, I hate the Great Ball. I don't know why, but it looks ugly to me and I hate catching Pokemon with it (I'd actually use Pokeballs all the way until I can buy Ultra balls). The only Pokemon in a Great Ball for me is Miltank (nicknamed Milktank) that I use, it's a rare thing for me.

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
    I misinterpreted what you said at first..

I hate the Great Ball too.I just hate it.I dunno why.It just always annoys me.

Sir

Years
    I misinterpreted what you said at first..

I hate the Great Ball too.I just hate it.I dunno why.It just always annoys me.
    How can you hate great ball!!! Look at it, its perfect for many Blue and Red pokemon. I caught a Kyogre in Sapphire with one. But I personally hate the sport ball, its just a Pokeball with a design.

Years
    HgSs brought neew Pokeballs into the series? I totally missed that, I thought they would only bring back Apricorns...
    From the ones I know, I see no real use in the Heal Ball. I run around with a full party most of the time anyways, so what should I do with the thing? Also, Premier Ball isn't good for anything.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've never made use of a Love Ball. For one thing, it just doesn't sound pleasant to be caught in one, and second, I don't feel like switchin' my Pokemon to make the wild Pokemon the opposite gender just to increase catch rate.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    How could you possibly /hate/ the great ball? I caught Kyogre in a great ball... you should have heard me at school, it was just a loud "HEEEEEELLLLLL YAAAAAAAAAA" in the middle of lunch when I caught him.

Personally, I like every ball.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Master Ball......weird i know but eh, never really use them.....in every game i play it just sits in my bag.....I just hate the look and how its catch rate is 100%....wheres the fun in catching it you don't get excited cause you know you have it.

Years
    My least favorite is the Ultra Ball. I just don't think it looks very good. I much prefer the great ball. But yes, the Heal Ball is available too late in the game to actually make it useful.

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I'd have to say I hate masterballs the most. I never use it because I'm always "saving them for something harder to catch" then never end up using it in the end.

Years
    Safari Balls. I go through the effort of catching all the favorites on my in-game team with Poke Balls except for that one 'mon that happens to only be in the Safari Zone. CURSE YOU SAFARI BALL AND YOUR COMPULSORY NATURE.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I hate all Gen IV designs, and any ones better than PokeBalls.Except Kurt's Apricorn PokeBalls

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    When the feature of Pokemon coming out of balls that they were captured with came out, I had some weird ritual of always catching everything with Pokeballs. It just looked better for some reason. So I went catching Legendaries with Pokeballs too lol.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have never really cared for the net ball. I hate how if I catch a bug type with it the water animation is still there and if I catch a water type the spider web still shows up. It just annoys me.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    ^ It's not a water type.

I hate the Premier Ball. Why? BECAUSE ITS LIKE THAT SON-OF-A-GUN POKEBALL! JUST WITH A WHITE COLOR!

Weavile1110101

Casual Battler
    Years
    I really hate friend balls. I mean, they work fine, but there are just too many green apricorns in the game, and ending up with 78 of them and only 20 of the others seems pretty pointless, especially when only a few pokemon evolve by happiness and most are babies that automatically get pokeballs...

I also really don't like love balls, ever since I learned that your pokemon has to be the same species and the opposite gender for the 8x bonus to apply.

However, I can understand heal balls, especially if you've just started and need to use your freshly-caught onix immediately.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I dislike Love Balls. I care not what gender my opponant is. I will still manage to catch it in a regular Poké Ball.

I also don't care for Heal Balls. Most of the Pokemon I catch go straight to PC, and at the beginning of the game, I visit a Pokémon Centre enough that it's completely unnecessary.

Back