• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haunted House -- Ghost Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Allrighty!! You are now a member of the Haunted House Tyknight3!! I shall add you to the member's list post haste!! In the meantime, have fun answering the topics and here's some candy corn!!

*hands candy corn*

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Why do you want to join?: I like ghost pokemon, there are few of them, but they are unique
    How active will you be?: I will be as active as i can be considering school, homework, other issues.
    Partner Pokemon?: Froslass
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Yuki
    Terror

What is your favorite Ghost-Type move and why?
    Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball probably, though I do like Shadow Sneak a lot as well.

Years
    Welcome to the Haunted House Yams!! =D

*showers with candy corn*

Yams said:
    Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball probably, though I do like Shadow Sneak a lot as well.

I like both of those moves myself [Shadow Ball being my favorite of the two]!!

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    I proudly present our two first banners! Simple, but not too bad, or what?

Image code (remove stars): [*IMG]https://i36.tinypic.com/2vxjg48.png[/IMG*]

Image code: [*IMG]https://i38.tinypic.com/2dakf83.png[/IMG*]

Proudly made my myself :P

Oh yeah, welcome all new members :) Feel free to direct questions to me if the boss is not around!

Last edited:
    Years
    Eeeeee! The banners are wonderful Vorteld!! Domo arigato gozaimasu!! =D

As Drifblim in fact has the strenght to carry people off (Hume is my Fly Guy in Platinum!), I would have him pick up little kids and carry them off, and when they dropped their yummy candy I'd be standing on the ground catching it!
    What a splendid idea! I say we take all the candy from the world's youth!! >=]

What kind of prank would you and your partner pull on people?
    Eh, nothing much. Try to take over the world once in a while, but aside from that, nothing.

Ahh, a most note worthy goal!

New Topic: It has been shown in the games and the anime that Pokemon can die. Do you think this applies to Ghost Pokemon as well?

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    It has been shown in the games and the anime that Pokemon can die. Do you think this applies to Ghost Pokemon as well?

I think that nearly all can, except to me Spiritomb seems more the immortal type. Most are just Ghosst-like, not actual ghosts i believe.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Spiritomb is composed of living spirits, isn't it?

No, I don't think Ghost Pokémon can die. But I do think they can "pass on". For example, I think a Banette would pass on if it found consolation for its grudge.

Years
    To answer your question Vorteld, Bulbapedia says this about Spiritomb:
    Bulbapedia said:
    It is apparently composed of 108 separate, yet bound-together, malevolent spirits.

It also says that Spiritomb has been imprisoned in the Odd Keystone for 500 years, which suggests that it can live longer than normal Pokemon [although we don't really know their average lifespans]. I'm not sure if this relates to other ghost Pokemon, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    Wow, just noticed this. Do want.

Username: Thorazine Corazon
    Why do you want to join?: Obviously I want to join because ghosts are the best, plain and simple. Their immunities are awesome, and they're pretty epic looking if I do say so myself. I've almost always got a ghost in my party in the games, though I admit they're never my main Pokemon and my most used roleplay character's main Pokemon is a Haunter. A Gengar in Red was my second level 100, shortly following my Electabuz. Also, because they inspire... TERROR! Yus. :D
    How active will you be?: I'm on the site daily, though I don't always have something to say. I'll be around, as long as I'm not gaming or programming obsessively.
    Partner Pokemon?: Gengar
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Phase

Last edited:

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Very nice, Thorazine! Welcome to the club! :D Since I'm only co-owner, I cannot add you to the list, but you are a member for all intent and purposes!

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    Thanks much for the welcome.

With that, I shall answer the last two topics, because they're both good questions. :D

Everyone loves Shadow Force, amirite? However, I'd have to say Nightmare, just because it's cool. The whole sleep attack thing was always cool to me. Ever since my first Gengar took out most of the Elite Four with Hypnosis/Dream Eater. Nightmare just adds so much to that coolness.

It has been shown in the games and the anime that Pokemon can die. Do you think this applies to Ghost Pokemon as well?

Well, we've always known Pokemon could die because of the tower in Lavender town. I always figured that since it's full of ghosts that dead pokemon become ghost types, but more recent ghost types, like Spiritomb, make that seem less likely. Besides that, there's the Marowak that comes back as a nonPokemon ghost. So, I'm starting to think that ghost type Pokemon are not ghosts themselves, but just ghost-like. Either that or they're the ghosts of humans, it would sort of explain their high intelligence, wouldn't it? Creepy but cool, I'd totally like to spend my afterlife as a Pokemon.

Maybe they could be more considered poltergeists, they certainly act like them. That being said... I don't think they could die, per se. Maybe dissipate or pass on or something, but not die in the mortal sense.

Last edited:
    Years
    Username: Thorazine Corazon
    Why do you want to join?: Obviously I want to join because ghosts are the best, plain and simple. Their immunities are awesome, and they're pretty epic looking if I do say so myself. I've almost always got a ghost in my party in the games, though I admit they're never my main Pokemon and my most used roleplay character's main Pokemon is a Haunter. A Gengar in Red was my second level 100, shortly following my Electabuz. Also, because they inspire... TERROR! Yus. :D
    How active will you be?: I'm on the site daily, though I don't always have something to say. I'll be around, as long as I'm not gaming or programming obsessively.
    Partner Pokemon?: Gengar
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Phase

Wow! That's an awesome sign up form!! =D
    You are now added to the member's list Thorazine!! Welcome to the Haunted House!!
    *hands bag of offical Haunted House candy corn*

I really like everyone's answers to the topic!! As for my own opinion, I don't believe that ghost Pokemon [besides Spiritomb] are really ghosts or spirits, but rather like what Yams and Thorazine called 'ghost-like'. I also believe that they don't pass on in the sense that regular Pokemon do, and instead they "pass on". So, it seems we're all pretty much in agreement here!

New Side-Topic: What is your favorite planet in our solar system? And why?

^ You may include Pluto, as I think it dearly deserves to be a planet!!

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    Thank ye kindly for the official add to the group. BTW, I answer just as easily to Thor or Ragner if you'd prefer it to Thorazine.

I prefer moons to planets, actually. My favorite planet would have to be Saturn though. It's cool and dynamic, since it's a gas giant every time you look at it it's different. Not to mention the fact that it's got sixty-one moons, which is awesome.
    I like the fact that at it's core it's just a ball of ice surrounded by solidified metallic gas. It's like a bunch of random space junk is managing to pass itself off as a planet. Fight the powah my planetary brotha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hey there Thorazine! Haven't answered any of the topics now that I think about it so here we go:

Well as already said the existence of the lavender tower as well as the mountain in RS confirm the fact that pokemon do indeed die. As for ghost pokemon I'm not sure. I think they either have longer life spans than other pokemon but I don't think they can be immortal except for spiritomb.

Shadowball: great power and accuracy plus doesn't the animation look cool? At the very least it looks threatening.

I'll answer the side topic laters

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013

Uranus... no but for real it's Mars. Mars is like the "underdog" of the planets to me, it used to have an atmosphere, and capable of supporting life (i think) but before it could it became inhospitable. But Mars is the planet we are always paying attention to, and that's the planet everyone is expecting life to be on.

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    Mars isn't an underdog, it's just a has-been. :P

BTW, I got bored and animated a Gastly earlier tonight and then had the thought that it'd look good as a banner, and this was the most fitting place for it, so here you go. lol

Edit: Oh... looks like it got all spotty when I exported it... gotta get around to fixing that.

Last edited:
    Years

Edit: Oh... looks like it got all spotty when I exported it... gotta get around to fixing that.

It looks cool with the spots!!! Good job!! *hands reward of giant candy corn*

As for the topic, my favorite planet has always been Neptune! I absolutely love anything that has to do with water, so when I was little, and I learned about the Roman gods in school, I found out that Neptune symbolized water! =]]

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Well if we're talking that way, I actually do prefer Uranus, because he represented the God of Time.

Years
    Yes! Uber giant candy corn is uber!! =D

New Topic: How would your partner react if aliens appeared on earth?

New Side-Topic: Where is your favorite place to study/read?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back