• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have the starter evolutions influenced which you're choosing?

Years
  • It's difficult. I was Rowlet > Litten > Popplio before, but now I'm a little less keen on Rowlet and Litten and a little more interested in Popplio. Like, it's evening out. Gonna have to wait to see the final evolutions to be sure, but I'm still leaning toward Rowlet.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Kinda. I think I'm waiting to see what other Water-types will be available and go from there. Litten I'm not too concerned about because I've already decided on having Salandit as my core Fire-type.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I'm still leaning towards Litten, but I may or may not change my mind once the final evolutions are officially revealed. If the leaked evolutions turn out to be true, I may pick Rowlett instead.

BurningChrome

Alain Kalos League Champion 2016
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2016
    I'm in love with brionne. I'm going with popplio with sun and rowlett with moon.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Not sure why I'd ever choose my starter based on the middle form. Popplio is still my choice. Dartrix is cool, though.

Minnew

Lurker
    Years
  • Yep, I was leaning more towards Rowlet prior to the evolution reveal and now I'm all for Popplio.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I know some will and I mean no offence by this, but I think people need to stop judging the starters based on there middle evolutions. It is extremely rare that the middle evolution looks better than the finals. At least that is how it is for me.

The only pokemon, to me, who have ever had better middle stages than finals are Frogider and Grovyle.

I actually really like Dartrix now that I look at it more. It still looks like an owl, the only thing is the hair. But all of that will go away if the concept arts are indeed true. And it is still possible for Split Evos. And if not Split evos, then we still have the secrete that each of the starters have.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • As I said in a different post I'm still team Rowlett!! His evolution looks like a rebellious teenager emo with those bangs. XD
    Litten's evo looks amazing. Plus he seems to have a stone of some kind (a hint to a philosopher's Stone perhaps?)
    Not very impressed with Popplio's evo tho. I like Popplio still. :3
    You think they're going for the Robin Hood thing with Rowlett? I wouldn't mind, but that Fearalith fan-art is just :O
    Have the starter evolutions influenced which you're choosing?
    IMAGE is NOT MINE!!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Torracat is by far my favorite middle evo, but if it ends up being a wrestler I'll never ever evolve it :|

If that leak is true, Rowlet is still my choice.

Years
  • It hasn't really influenced me at all, my first playthrough was always going to be with Litten and I love all three of the starter evolutions so I can't wait to try them all out!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, for me

Rowlet > Litten > Popplio
    Dartrix > Torracat > Brionne
    Leaked Rowlet Archer final > Leaked Litten Wrestler final > Leaked Popplio Mermaid final

So, uh, it's all been pretty consistent for me

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Naa, still going to choose Rowlet

Years
  • I hated the Popplio starter, and really liked the Rowlet, but now my opinion on the two have completely switched with their evos.

The Dartrix is kinda silly with its emo leaf and the Brionne is kinda cute with its weird water skirt.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I really don't understand the emo comparisons.....aren't emos depicted with hair covering their eye?

You can see both of Dartrixs eyes clearly. If anything it's supposed to be a quiff on a flouncy snob Pokemon. It's website description even describes it as snobby.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • The evolutions haven't changed my opinion. I've always chosen my starter based on the first stage, as that is the true starter. I didn't care much for litten or popplio (I can't stand the ears. Sea lions don't have floppy ears!), but after seeing the next stages I do like the litten line more. Even though I am going with Rowlet, I don't really like it's evolution. However if the leaks are real, then it's final stage is gonna be awesome. Popplio's line won't be so bad either, assuming the leaks turn out to be real.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    I was always gonna choose Rowlet but Dartrix cemented that decision. But the other ones are great too and Brionne makes me want to use two starters this time, it's too adorable. Even if the leaks are legit I'm sure the in game models will look great.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Right, yeah, I lied before. Picking Popplio. All the hate it got made me sad, and then all the hate Brionne is getting is making me even more sad. I just want to give it a hug and train it to be a killer.

Back