• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you and your best friend ever liked the same person?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • If so, how did you deal with it?

Cause my friend Summer and I like this guy, Ben. But she is OBSESSED! He even agrees with me XD

Post your experiences with your friends

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, but I've liked (typed "licked" at first, which is just not true) my best friend.

We have different tastes. Also, he knew I liked him, now he turns everything I say into me hitting on him. But he is getting over that. However, ironically now he likes me according to my friend Khari which is also his friend.

Oh, high school. You strike again.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • One of my friend and I liked this girl. We fought; stopped half-way and decided that it was pointless. Next week, he asked out the girl and they went out for a couple months. I never spoke to them again.

Well, the only thing I ever did after that was just listen to music and talk to my friends. Now that I think about it, I still haven't forgiven him. :-|

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Yes this happened to my friend and i so we solved it by running a train on the boppa

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Unfortunately, yes. My "friend" liked this girl, and so did I. We hated each other afterwards. And the girl hates him, but she's one of my best friends now. :P

Oh, and my "friend" has an account here. Dracoknight

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Never happened to me. Even if it did I would win. They would pick me over any of my friends :)

Ayselipera

My friend's tastes and mine are extremely different. It only happened one time where we liked the same guy. I didn't fight about it with them though. If they like the same person as I do then they do. I'm not going to force them to not like them anymore.

Snooki

Lucky
    Years
  • Suprisingly no. But this did happen to my friend Allison once, she liked a guy, her best friend did too, her best friend asked him out and they're currently dating.
    ;_; I felt really sorry for my biffl Allison, I hugged her after it happened but it didn't affect Allison's and her best friends relationship.

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • It's happened to me twice acually. In one occasion, my old best friend wasn't very nice and threatened me if I asked the guy out. I decided against asking him out or telling him I liked him, I was just scared of my friend.
    More recently though my newer best friend and I liked the same person. I was never good with asking people out to begin with, so I studied how my best friend reacted towards the boy. I figured out she liked him a lot more than I did, so I told her I would let her take her shot. Eventually, I didn't like him anymore.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • it's kinda hard for that to take place,

seeing as I'm gay,

and my best friend is, well, not.

he liked my faghag though, which made things awkward since my other friend liked her and she liked my other friend, not him, and my best friend's smarter but less attractive than he is and she's told me she prefers the smart ones to the attractive ones BUT WHATEVER.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Well, James (who is straight) said this guy I liked Anthony was alright, like not ugly. If that counts?

falling up+
    Years
  • One of my best friends really liked a girl and was hanging out with her everyday, having fun etc. But it was just her way of getting to me because she actually liked me.

I was an ass about it and went out with the girl anyways without knowing his feelings. Tore our friendship apart. We've reconciled but its taken 3 years, and that was after the girl he liked and I broke up.

It's not worth it. Stay with your friends above all else. No girl/boy is worth the trouble.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Well, James (who is straight) said this guy I liked Anthony was alright, like not ugly. If that counts?

From your depiction of the context he said it in, he sounds more like he's validating your attraction and not so much stating his own. Besides, he's straight, as you've said.

I mean, I probably discuss guys with a thousand of my friends, and they all say "He's all right" or "7/10", etc., etc.

It's one thing to agree that someone's attractive; it's another to be attracted to someone.

@003: It's funny, one of my friends is actually pursuing his best friend's ex. I told him the phrase that we should all live by: "bros before (well you get the idea)". It's just the truth. :|

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I know, just saying that's the closest me and a friend have come to liking the same person lol.

falling up+
    Years
  • @003: It's funny, one of my friends is actually pursuing his best friend's ex. I told him the phrase that we should all live by: "bros before (well you get the idea)". It's just the truth. :|

Lol. After all the hardship I've had to go through with my friend I can attest that should be considered a rule of the universe!

Also never pursue an ex of a friend. Ugh I have even worse stories on that one... :(

Back