• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Catch 'em All

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    From every single pokemon game that has been released?

How did you do it?

I never got past pokemon yellow, I was still absent of a few pokemon because I was unable to trade and I never got mew :(

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah in Emerald. Me and two friends were aiming to get all the Johto starters so I completed my pokedex. That was the only time I ever have though. In Pearl, which I've had since it came out, I am about 25 pokemon away from having al 150 in Sinnoh dex, and in national I own like 296. Filling up my pokedex again is something I want to do, but honestly I don't have the patience to anymore. I can only imagine how long it will take when black & white come out.

Dwight12

Check Out My Trade Room :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I have like 350 in Pokemon Platinum Not easy;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I had managed to complete the Red dex years ago together with a friend. Well, except for Mew ofcourse, but short of glitching and cheating there was no way to get one.

I came very far in completing the dex on Crystal, but I never managed to get any of the event pokes (IIRC, there were event pokemon in this game, right?).

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have never completed a pokedex. i am trying to complete my pokedex on soulsilver. i have about 160 so far

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I've never had the desire to fill up my Pokedex; that's Red's dream, not mine. ;] I only catch legendaries and Pokemon I have funny names for.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i was so close on my emerald...
    i needed only like 12...
    but then it broke, in half, don't ask...

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I caught them all in pearl version when the game came out however I had to hack to unlock the event items but I did catch them. In red version I caught all the pokemon as well using the mew glitch to get mew. Finally in Leaf green I caught the first 150 pokemon and thats about it

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • I have a threa for this in challenges, but yeah I was so close in emerald, I had traded pokemon from xd and colloseum, so I was so close, then I lost it, never found for 2 years emerald was my fav game...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I swear there was already a Pokédex completion thread in General PKMN Gaming but I glanced around for it and didn't see one. Oh well. Moved the thread there since it's game-only, really.

I've completed my dex in Diamond but it and Red (and Blue, on an emulator) are the only games I ever managed it in. :( I'd love to challenge myself to do it in every gen but I don't have the means to do it for third gen and my second gen cartridges no longer work.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Nope. I don't think I'm ever gonna do that. There are only certain Pokemon that I really like and actually WANT.
    If I caught them all- well, then the majority of them would just be sittin' in the computer, wasting their wittle digital, virtual lives. :(

LOL

Srsly though.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I have never completed any Pokédex in any of the games I own. The only time I was close on completing it, it was in Crystal, I think I needed around 30-40 Pokémon left to complete it. I got bored of trying to find the Pokémon I needed it.

I'm trying to complete my Pokédex in Soul Silver. It's not going to be easy, but now with all the facilities we have with trading, it's not going to be that bad. It's probably going to take me a long time to do it, but I'll complete my Pokédex (hopefully).

Back