• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you caught a mewtwo

Have you caught a mewtwo or haven't you.

• I have caught a Mewtwo

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • I haven't caught a Mewtwo

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Here is my story

Back in my red GBA game I caught Articuno with a Masterball. This was before i knew Mewtwo was in Red. Anyway as I progressed and beat the pokemon league I found out about the unknown dungeon. I bought a hundred ultraballs and caught so many pokemon like chancy. I progressed through and found Mewtwo. He obliterated all my pokemon but Articuno. I attempted to catch him so many times but he kept breaking out. Untill I used Blizzard with Articuno and froze him. Then I used a masterball. It was eventually caught. I cheered for hours because of that. I still have that save on my red game

Anyway I used him to beat the pokemon league. It was so easy. But the pokemon league in red was so much harder then Johto and hoenn leagues

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    In Fire Red, the only game I've progressed far enough to catch one (other than Red, which you've said doesn't count), yes. It took me a few Ultra Balls and a bit of patience, but I managed through a stroke of luck. (I meant to use a Timer Ball on it, so I just kept chucking Ultra Balls to pass the time, and I wound up snagging it with an Ultra at half HP.)

Years
    FR- Master Ball. I still have mine.
    Offtopic: Oh and mewtwo and the regis have a catch rate of 3. i caught Registeel on full health with a pokeball.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Yeah, I caight Mewtwo on LeafGreen with a PokéBall. It took me a few tries (because even after I'd reduced it's accuracy to it's minimum, eventually Struggle hits), but my patience payed off. Paralyse with Raichu, reduce defence with Electrode's Screech, reduce accuracy with Pidgeot, False Swipe, throw like crazy. Too bad it was Jolly... =/

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen May 18, 2015
    I caught it (Mewtwo) in FireRed, I think I used an Ultra Ball, but I can't be sure.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I have caught him in red,blue,yellow, and leaf green. He really is not that tough, just weaken him and toss a great ball.

You must have been really lucky then. Since I got Mewtwo down to almost 2 HP. I tossed almost 30 ultraballs and he still busted out and obliterated my pokemon. Mewtwo is insanely hard to capture if you dont have strong pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back