• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you caught Mew?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    My sister says her Mew is legit and shes going to sell all her pokemon games in about ten minutes to the Exchange, I better take that Mew now! *Update: I got Mew and now I am not really liking my all legit rule because that could have been my one and only chance to ever get one!*

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I don't recall ever hearing of the the Old Sea Chart being given out. However, I do have the one from the TRU event back when the eight movie came out.

It was only ever released in Japan. So I am sure all those who sent their games off to get the Ticket was scammed. It would be impossible to send a PAL, or USA version of Emerald to Japan to get the Ticket. It wouldn't work.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, I have gotten Mew in my firered/leafgreen at Toy R' US event long time ago and I remeber transfering the Mew's to my Emerald and then I traded some for cool other event pokemon with some of my friends. So I never cheated by getting pokemon and I dont own a cheating device anyway. lol

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    i did'nt read all post's so i dont know if some1 wrote this already but if you got a wii & downloaded my pokemon ranch deposit 999 from diamond or pearl & get a mew you can withdraw from my pokemon ranch & i think for 500 deposits you get a phione

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    actually what i said is legit cause this is a licensed pokemon game you by off the nintendo channel for 10 buck i should no i bought that game months back on my Nintendo Wii

Years
    How could you GTS a legit Mew on to an advanced gen game?

If you are talking about getting it onto D/P/Pt then when you get it on Emerald with the event then you Dongle/Pal Park it over and then trade it over GTS.

There were other events, although those involved having Mew traded to you or receiving it without having to battle it...

Which ones?

Im not trying to be a jerk, I've just only read about one and I am curious.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    Nope, not in an official Pokémon game.

Though I have caught it in a ROM hack. (and obviously, that doesn't count)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Which ones?
    Im not trying to be a jerk, I've just only read about one and I am curious.

The Toys 'R' Us event in the US (OT: MYSTRY), and the similar one in the UK (OT: Aura). I think they were done to promote the 'Lucario & the Mystery of Mew' movie, hence the OTs.

EDIT: The US one used trading (the stores got a cartridge with boxes full of Mew), and hence took a while. The UK one had a special cart which directly added a Mew to your party, which was faster. There was still a pretty long queue, though. As far as I know, the USA one used the Wireless Adapter, and therefore only worked with FR/LG (and Emerald?). The UK one was done by a link cable, so any 3rd gen game could get it.

Back