• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you caught them all?

Sirfetch’d

Gotta catch em all right? well, have you? This doesn't necessarily mean you completing a Pokedex in any given game considering you could have caught them all spread out over various different games but when you take every game you've played into consideration, have you owned every Pokemon? Which Pokemon have you never owned?

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I don't think so... I usually don't bother catching legendaries and I've never completed the Pokédex, so I highly doubt my numbers.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well.... not in generations six and seven... but I can say I've caught them all in Generation IV, and almost in generation V. I couldn't be bothered outside of the fourth and fifth generation, though....

As for Pokemon I've never caught... I've never owned an Oranguru. I've never been lucky enough to find one. Other than that, I can't honestly think of anything else.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Everything up to and including Moon (not USUM, mind you).

Years
  • I'm probably at around 90% for my lifetime Pokedex, but I know there are some that I definitely haven't caught. Most of those are legendaries/mythicals/UBs, but there are a handful of sixth and seventh gen Pokemon I just haven't got around to either. Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever had a Clawitzer, Palossand, or Shiinotic, and I'm sure there are a few more, too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have caught majority of them, transfered them to my Sun game
    only missing legendaries and mythical Pokemon
    pretty much the ones not obtainable in game

Years
  • Yep, I have. I caught everything in Diamond/Pearl, though that doesn't count as much since several things were gotten via Gameshark lol. But if you put every legitimate Pokémon I've caught, you would have completed the national dex! I've also completed it in gen VI. <3

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    As per sig im close...very close. I had it all completed with Su/Mo but then they added a few more. Just need to complete USu and Ill be complete again.

I completed all in Black then again in Omega Ruby and have carried on topping up since then.

It is daunting to start the living pokedex attempt but quite fun if you do enjoy it and can trade with people like here on Pokecommunity.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Not once... The "catch 'em all" thing has never really done it for me...Unless there is really good post-game content (HGSS, Platinum for example) then I usually stop after all the storyline stuff ends.

Years
  • i've never caught 'em all :(( though I tried back when I had FireRed but I was just a small kid but I have no LeafGreen and others

Talos2kX

I've completed the Hoenn dex in Emerald on the My Boy emulator, I have a Cyndaquil as a reward and now I'm working on completing my other two Emerald versions to obtain the other two Johto starters.

You shouldn't feel bad about having to use cheats for certain pokemon either, because that's exactly what Nintendo does when they have their stupid events, time based and not easy to get to.

Fairly recently I discovered the Mew glitch in generation one, Red/Blue/Yellow, I just wish I knew about it back in my school days in 1998 when I first started playing. To think, back then you had to travel out miles and queue up to stick your cartridge in a slot to obtain just one Pokémon..

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I actually have, in both Alpha Sapphire and Ultra Moon (like a loser, I keep track of which Pokémon I'm missing in the latter). Mythicals don't count for me.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
  • Not at all, at least I don't think so. Kinda hard to tell with all the 'mons we have now.

It's not really my thing tbh, I'd rather just focus on getting the ones I actually like and want to use. I mean, I did attempt to catch 'em all in USUM but I gave up. <.<

Last edited:
    Back