• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been bullied?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Have you ever been bullied online, offline, inside of or outside of school? I don't mean short one-off things, but longer-term stuff that's genuinely quite upsetting. Give as few or as many details as you are comfortable giving.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Eeyup. I have unfortunately. In fourth grade I was bullied by a girl in my complex. She called me a geek and a nerd and many other unpleasant names. She tried to make me into something I'm not--and when I slept over in her apartment she keep pinching and kicking me in the bed. But everything she did barley phased me. Everything passed right over my head so it didn't effect me.

Off-topic but... THIS IS MY 1,000th POST! <3

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, yeah. For a huge part of my life (and about the most important one too) which was my whole elementary school time which was 6 years and a full year in highschool still, then it stopped. It was irl but one girl would take it on msn sometimes, I didn't "mind" nearly as much as offline but I noticed it still frightened me even when I thought it wouldn't. And then I ran into her brothers one day on the way to a party and they threatened to beat me up because I was """threatening""" her online lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I was never 'bullied' in the traditional sense, but my first year of secondary school wasn't particularly great. I happened to enter it at the same time as the release of the first Harry Potter film, and I had a passing resemblance to an 11-year-old Daniel Radcliffe, people would shout 'Harry!' or 'Potter!' or, sometimes, the incredibly witty amongst my school would shot '10 points to Gryffindor!'. Looking back on it, it is kinda funny, but I really disliked it at the time. There was often no malice when people were saying it, and I just shrugged it off for the most part. A couple of months passed and it all died down, so there was nothing to really concern myself with after that. Nowadays, apart from the fact that I wear glasses and have a similar hair colour, I don't think anyone would say I looked like Daniel Radcliffe at all!

Although when the new kids came in the following year, there was a kid who looked LIKE THE EXACT DOUBLE OF DANIEL RADCLIFFE. Suffice to say, he never heard the end of the taunting throughout his time at school. But at least it diverted the attention away from me!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I hesitate to call this bullying, but I took it that way, because I was a stupid little kid.

Way back in elementary school, my friend's friend started making fun of me all the time... all he would say is "Johnny" (my name is Jon) in a really stupid sneering voice.(Can you use sneer to describe a voice? lol) And... that's it. He'd do it all the time, and I let it get to me, because again... I was a stupid little kid.

That's it though. I'm amazed I wasn't ever bullied for real though... I was so weird back then, and would've been an extremely easy target, if that guy got to me. Thankfully I'm way past that now.

Years
    I have, off an on through high school from different people, but no one in particular.

In junior high though there were these two boys who would never let up. It lasted for almost a year and I could never escape it because I had to sit next to them in science class. But that all stopped after I attacked them one day after class. Well, attack isn't the best word for it. I just kinda shoved them both over and jumped on top of one of them and though I got suspended it did keep me from getting bullied until high school since I was kinda persona non grata after that.

Years
    I haven't really been bullied as such. When I went to secondary school, couple of people picked on me for a bit. One day they cornered me in the yard and one pushed me, so I punched him in the nose... they didn't do it again.

Haha. I always stand up for myself and I believe people should try and do that.​

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If there were people who bullied me, I didn't notice it as bullying. There were people who picked on me every few grades or so, but it didn't bother me. I look at how my brothers and sister react to people picking on them and realize how strong I was mentally compared to other people at that age. It might have helped that I really could not give less of a **** what anyone I went to school with had to say about me.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    Oh, I've practically been bullied all of my life for various reasons. I guess it's largely because I am very introverted by nature. I hardly make social contact, and I am too quickly alienated. All in all, I am a too easy target a lot of the times. I used to take it very badly, I would shout at people, get furious, and start fights when people would make comments about me. I try to ignore them nowadays, but not even that seems to help. They often say that bullies are trying to aim for a reaction, but when your own reaction doesn't matter, and the fact that they get all the "cool" attention for just ruining my day as they always do, it's really come to a point where ignoring them is not a solution anymore. It's a sacrifice I have to make to remain an individual, but still I sometimes feel the need to let all that frustration out every now and then. I've opted to take self-defence classes, so I could kick some butt if they try to make fun of me again, but given that half the school already hates me because I just so happen to be different (And gee, how big of a deal is that?), that won't really do much anyway.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I've been bullied quite a bit unfortunately but they all backed off after a while once I showed my violent side.

Take February for example, ended up getting shoved around a bit by 2 drunken friends of mine at the time despite me taking it in stride for the moment. At some point my patience started to wear off and I tried to get out of there only to get cornered by one of the drunks who started throwing fists at me, it was then that I snapped and socked the moron so hard his head was cut open like a tomato, ended up walking 6 miles home up hill with a scarred hand later on but that feeling I got after defending myself was totally worth it, at least for me anyways.

There was also the times back in my old elementary school when my peers tried to take my handball away from me time after time again amongst other things such as purposely trying to **** me over in PE class as well, thankfully they weren't very successful in their attempts back then.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Honestly, I've been the bully more than the bullied in the past. :( I was never the instigator but I definitely didn't stand up to bullies a lot unless they were bullying my friends and I teased a fair bit in elementary school. After grade 7, though, when I realized I was being horrible to one person along with the rest of my class, I made an effort to stop it completely, though. I was never violent or overly malicious--I just teased a LOT and it took me a long time to realize that my sense of humour didn't always match up or that I was being too relentless or rude.

The only times I've ever been the object of torment, though, were the times I stood up for friends who were already being bullied and ended up drawing attention to myself too. I've always been pretty thick-skinned though, so it didn't bother me much, and it was never violent bullying. u_u;

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Sadly, yes I have. I used to be bullied after school, more of language and pushing. However, I took martial arts lessons and I learned to defend myself. Soon, I began to fight back and started to become more respected. Nowadays, I am quite and try to avoid any contact with people around me (besides you guys of course :D)

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i haven't been bullied, per se. i've been called a couple of names behind my back during my first year of high school, however, by several upperclassmen. what they called me (and the fact that they called me names) only came to light once a friend of mine told me, but otherwise, i've never really been bullied.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It really depends on what severity counts as bullying. I've been picked on and called names, I was laughed at because I was fat etc. I guess that's bullying, but it's nothing compared to what some people experience. The most violence I was ever involved in was when this jerk kid walked past my table in science class and flicked me hard in the head.

So yeah I guess you could say I was "bullied", but I think I had it pretty easy.

It did make me form a hatred for all sports people though. It was all the sports people who picked on me in high school so whenever one of them talked to me I assumed they were just making fun of me, and I'm not sure looking back on it that that was always the case. I just assumed they were all dicks but that may not have been the case.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have one example of what I see as bullying. It was in 7th and 8th grade, there was this boy in my classes who kind of latched himself onto me. I didnt like him at all and just wanted him to leave me alone, he refused to do so and I became scared. I told my parents and teachers about what he was doing and he refused to stop even when told by teachers that he needed to stop. He just simply didnt respect that. It was horrible, I wanted nothing to do with this guy and he wouldnt respect that and leave me alone. Luckily this harrasment stopped when he went to a different high school than me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've been picked on before but never any long-term bullying, except for the one year in Texas when I chose to befriend the black girl and my entire class was racist so I was shunned the entire year until I switched schools. But other than that and the occasional snarky comment I had it pretty easy.

Years
    I was bullied from about year three through to year five, and then again from about year seven to year nine. In primary school literally every single boy would play football, and I hated it. So I would hang around with the girls, who didn't really like me because I was a boy. Basically, to cut a long story short, I hung around with this girl who was my best and only friend, who I told everything and she'd spread them around and tease me over it. Then a new kid arrived and we became friends and my childhood was normal for a little bit :3
    Then I was bullied from year seven to year nine because I had bad skin. It ranged from people shouting for me to go drown myself in clearasil to the majority of my form class backing me into a corner and kicking the crap out of me whilst spraying clearasil they'd stolen from the science room on me.

I haven't experienced bullying since year nine though. I'm not too sure why it stopped to be honest, but I'm not going to question a good thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I wouldn't call it outright bullying, but I was definitely made fun of back in middle school. Fortunately by the time I entered high school that tapered off.

However, what happened on another Pokemon forum a few years back was most certainly cyberbullying. I was insulted and threatened by three different - I don't even want to refer to them as "people" and I was afraid for my own safety that they'd somehow find out my real identity and try to cause my physical harm. Add to that my complete mental breakdown, and... yeah, that's a dark time in my life that I really don't like talking about.

Back