• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been caught shoplifting?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I think I stole a pair of 'AA' batteries in a department store when I was five.

Besides this one moment, I've never stolen anything from anyone or anywhere. I've never really had the momentum to do something like that as I got older. Even at the age of five, I felt guilty for what I did, but if I recall I don't even remember what I did with those batteries in the first place. If I truly want something, I wouldn't go through the trouble in trying to shoplift it, I would rather work and save up for it, and at least when I finally purchase it I can say I earned it.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I don't steal things,
    I am proud to say that I have never pikied anything from a shop before,
    Nor plan too..

Years
  • I did when I was young, before age 11 I think... I stole a pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards and then hated myself for it. Around the same time I was in a convenience store and I didn't know that a friend of mine was stealing a drink from the store and when we were leaving he got caught and I thought I would get in trouble so I rode my bike as fast as I could without ever stopping.

The closest thing I've done to stealing lately is buying a pack of AA batteries on sale at Walmart and then going back to switch them for AAA batteries because I remembered Wiimotes take AAA. Needless to say, they were the same price so it doesn't really count.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • If you even do something as minor as shoplifting, you'll have a criminal record to shoulder for the rest of your life. Don't try it unless you plan on being unemployed for life.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • When I was about 12, I taught my brother about shoplifting in a grocery store. I hid a package of meat under my shirt and the employee gave me a funny look, probably because she knew I was stupid.

Meh, I do not shoplift; I just sneak things in the cart and make my parents buy them.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Nope. I do shoplift though, I don't even know why, I guess I just like to see what I can get away with. I always steal useless stuff too.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have once. :( i was like 6 and i stole a book, didnt get caught. i still feel bad about it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I have never done it, but if somebody actually needed me to (and I mean really need, like because of starvation or something), I'd do it without a second thought. It's unlikely that such a situation would ever arise in the first place, though.

On the other hand, I plot out stuff all the time because it's interesting to do; I like to mentally outsmart the police. I'd never actually attempt anything like that (again, unless there was a dire need), but it's certainly interesting to think about. For instance, one of my more ingenious schemes involves toying with the power: there are power outlets in most stores, and it wouldn't be hard to short-circuit one with a paper-clip and have a friend take something outside just as the power flickers.

Zet

Years
  • I shoplifted a karaoke machine

I've never been caught shoplifting because I'm a ninja... well actually it's because I've never shoplifted before.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I've never shoplifted, so I've never been caught.

I did steal a Zoo Books pamphlet about fruit bats in second grade, however.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    I've never shoplifted, so, no, I haven't been caught shoplifting. I don't get why you'd do it anyways. You're just going to get in loads of trouble.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    No, but thats probably got something to do with the fact that i don't shoplift. I did accidentally steal a Fantasic Mr. Fox book from the school library when i was 6 though.

Oh, and i steal a few supplies from the school when i need them. Until i bought some last week I hadn't actually had my own pencil for about two years. And the occasional ruler.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • "Good girls are bad girls that never get caught..."

Haha no. I've never shoplifted. But for chorus, we are going to a mall before we sing for contest and our teacher said we can't shop because her old students got caught shoplifting.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've stolen a few History books from my school before, 2 times on accident and 3 times on purpose :3 (thought I might as well get the whole set).

I think I also stole a mood ring a few years back? I can't recall if it was me or one of my friends.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Yes, it is why I'm on probation right now, but luckily I quit that lifestyle. I tried to steal 2 bottles of Robitussin, robo-trippin for the lose....

Back