• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Usually I don´t even try it because I have no chance to change Pokemon, only with my other editions. And it´s quite annoying. I use to restart my games after beating the Elite Four and Mewtwo (RBY) / Red (GSC) / Battle Frontier (E/DP).

Well, one time I collected all 150 Pokemon on my Blue Edition. It was a nice feeling, but nothing more. I restarted it some days later.

Nalu93

The Northern Wind
    Years
    I always try to do that,but after 100 pokemon I give up xD I made it once with Crystal ,only because it was my favourite game and I didn't want it to finish after beating Red.

Years
    Never tried in earnest...always would get bored and restart the game. I'm working on it now in LeafGreen. I'm up to 100 Pokémon as I just added 8 yesterday (Pidgeot, Parasect, Dewgong, Dodrio, Graveler, Kingler, Persian, and Rapidash). Unfortunately I don't have a means of trading as my little brother cannot find his GBA right now, but I'll go for the 125 Pokémon that I can get without trading and see how it stands then. Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan are gonna give me headaches, though. >_>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I almost finished the Pokedex on my Silver, and on my Ruby. However, my Silver got lost, and I accidentally deleted my Ruby file because I'm an idiot, so now they're kind of far from it. XD ( Actually new Silver is about half-way there. Ruby has a way to go, though. )

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I caught them all in Red, Blue, Gold, and Leaf Green. I am very close in Diamond, but I am trading them all over to my Platinum, so I should get them all in P pretty soon.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    back when i had gold in my old game boy i reached 238 (or something) having silver and yellow for trading only

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Nope. Whats the point? No offense intended, but im not wasting my time on some of the pokes. I like virtually all the Gen 1- Gen 3 pokemon, but im not spending my time on junk like Rotom. Nooo sir.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2013
    i did on red got myself a legit mew aswel :D
    my mate started a new game tho and saved it i didn talk to him for about a month :L

i did it on ruby aswell :P

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Just got to 150 of course, never had the opportunity to get Mew.

Unless you count Missingno XD

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Haha have I caught them all...? The answer is no... I stink at pokemonz. lol. I was about 50 off in my Yellow but I got stuck in a cave and then? Couldn't get out because it glitched, bought a new one started over. I am now about 100 away!! They are all pains 'specially Chansey because guess what? Every time I go to the Safari Zone I find it like 12 times and then it flees and it always says YOU MISSED THE POKEMON!! O.O" This happen to anyone else in Yellow; preventing them from catching 'em all?

Years
    I haven't started my Gameboy Pokemon games in Yrs. Will check it right now to see what i did get. Blue 48, Yellow 102, Red 150, Gold 212, Silver 131, Crystal 66. I did complete it on my Ruby/Sapphire. While i worked on completing it i created a living Pokedex in my Pokemon Box for Gamecube. So completing the D/P Pokedex wasn't too hard since all i had to do was Migrate them over, duplicating them on Emerald so i'd still retain the original set.

Back