• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever dropped an anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    My Bride The Mermaid. It opened up with so much potential and for a good 8 or so episodes I absolutely loved it but as soon as they changed scenery to the High School I sort of... lost my interest in it. Maybe that's my fault though. It never got "bad" per se just... not as good.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Tokyo Mew Mew & Itanza na Kiss - They eventually got really boring.
    Sailor Moon - I did enjoy the dub up to the 3rd series when Serena's voice actor had changed. I couldn't stand her new voice.
    Ouran High School Host Club - Didn't get as far as the 5th minute of the first episode. I'll watch it again and see if I can get through the series first!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Graceful said:
    Ouran High School Host Club - Didn't get as far as the 5th minute of the first episode. I'll watch it again and see if I can get through the series first!
    Same here. I was told that was the rom com anime to see. Didn't make it past a minute or two in.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Haven't dropped any yet, but considering dropping Hetalia because it isn't really that great a show, and I've honestly lost interest in it.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I guess I droped Hetalia sense I forgot I was watching it in the first place. I also droped pokemon after Johto. And Bobobo bo bobo(?) after the first episode. I guess that's it. I fell like their are a bunch animes that I watched when I was really young but I can't remember any.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    *checks Dropped list on MAL* Full thing is here and some highlights that I can think of some things to say about:

Code Geass (1/25)
    UGH ART STYLE IS HORRIBLE PLEASE LEARN SOME ANATOMY AAAAH. I've watched the first episode several times, each time telling myself I'll get over the anatomy and watch it anyway because so many people like it and... couldn't do it.

Fairy Tail (26/?)
    My Crunchyroll sub ran out and it was starting to drag on so I stopped bothering with it. :( It was fun while my attention lasted!

Highschool of the Dead (1/12)
    Uggh... I tried to like this, I really did, but the fanservice made me uncomfortable and the gratuitous gore/violence made me equally uncomfortable. I just hated it.

Naruto (16/220)
    I quickly realized this wasn't worth it.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (3/13)
    I tried to watch this but it just... didn't work for me. It was just vulgar Powerpuff Girls. :/ I think it's overrated for what it is but have no problem if people like it. It's just not my thing.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I drop anime all of the time because of lack of interest, lack of time, or the episodes drag on. I think I've only finished a few series in my whole life. XD;

Anyway, from what I can remember, I have dropped: Angel Beats, Bleach, K-ON!, FMA, Naruto, Pokemon, Soul Eater, Hetalia, Lucky Star, Bakemonogatari, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Macross Frontier, Rosario + Vampire, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, xxxHolic, etc *do I get a cookie?*

Guhhhh finish Code Geass or else.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    A lot. But Special A tops my list. I just couldn't cope with the horrible art style; those ridiculously thin and VERY long legs just pissed me off. So, after 10 minutes from the first episode, I decided to drop it. Some recent drops would be:

Fortune Arterial - that cliched concept of a harem anime, amalgamated with a side story that seems interesting at first, but fails to develop and attract watchers, doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Super Robot Taisen OG
    - I seriously cannot remember why I even started watching this one. This genre doesn't interest me that much, but I wanted to give it a try. Ironically [not really], it simply destroyed itself before I was even ready to assail this "thing".

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - to be honest, I actually enjoyed it at first. Also, a story started unraveling during the tied episodes, so it was clearly a promising anime. People claimed it was a little too formulaic, but I watched it nevertheless. However, those claims started blatantly flooding my eyes and the repetitiveness perpetuated from the 7th episode. That's just my view on a very good anime that utterly prevaricated its viewers.

...there are more, but they escaped my mind at the moment.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I loved Code Geass. SMH.

I don't watch that much anime to have dropped a whole bunch but one that comes to mind that a lot of people liked is HotD. I actually really liked it, I was at about episode 8 or so when I stopped watching it. I was watching each episode as it came out so I guess after waiting the week I just forgot about it and never bothered to get back to it. I should probably pick it up again.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I don't think I've ever dropped anything, unless you count anime I've watched a few times on Toonami that I never quite liked enough to watch it.

In that case, Prince of Tennis, MAR, Blue Dragon, etc. I do plan to pick up quite a few anime again, but that will be when I have the time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I haven't really dropped any anime per se, just haven't finish them due to... mainly laziness. However, if there was one anime that I actually did drop, it would have to be Naruto. I got into it, got out of it, and so on several times before I said I was done and dropped it completely.

Edelweiss

Oh so conventional
    Years
    I've dropped plenty of shows way back when because my attention span was very small. More recent examples would probably be FLCL and Strawberry Panic. Watching FLCL just fried my brain in a bad way while SP was painful to watch because of the ludicrous plot.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I've only ever dropped two animes.

Bleach & Soul Eater.

I don't get Soul Eater.
    I thought Bleach would be good, but after a couple episodes I lost interest.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Oh gosh, for this season, I dropped Star Driver, Oni-chan no Koto, Dragon Crisis, and dunno what else. It's not like I don't like them but, I can;t be bothered to watch it unfortunately. Though, I don't know if I can consider it dropped but I stopped watching PS&G and Arakawa S2, too.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Hmm, one anime I remember dropping was Katekyo Hitman Reborn! when the Future Arc started. It got reaaaaaaaally draggy so I just gave up. It's finished now, so I'm just following the manga. xDD;;
    I also remember dropping Shakugan no Shana II. It really wasn't that good compared to the first season.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I stopped watching Naruto, but I didn't hate it.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
    Anyway, from what I can remember, I have dropped: Angel Beats, Bleach, K-ON!, FMA, Naruto, Pokemon, Soul Eater, Hetalia, Lucky Star, Bakemonogatari, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Macross Frontier, Rosario + Vampire, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, xxxHolic, etc *do I get a cookie?*

/amazed at seeing so many anime i liked dropped at once o_o

ooookay, as for me..
    He Is My Master! was the absolute top. i tried sooo hard to finish it, got to episode 8, but couldnt bring myself to watch any further. GODITWASSOSTUPID.

and apart from that i just have several anime that i'd-come-back-to-eventually
    BLEACH: stopped around episode 240. irritation cause of the weirdness of the zanpakuto arc.
    Tokyo Mew Mew: don't remember when, i just didn't feel like anymore shoujo. figured i'd come back to it once i regained that feel.
    Naruto: ... guess i might as well give up. it's so friggin' long and the only reason i wanted to watch it was cause this guy i liked seemed to like it alot XD;

wellthen, that'll do ~

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Oh yes I did drop animes a lot... but not because they were bad but because I got bored of them after a while. Especially for Gundam Seed Destiny, I could not understand the plot (excessive dialogue) as I started watching from Destiny and not Seed itself. So I just fizzled out somewhere near episode 25, giving up trying to understand the story.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    according to my MAL account, I've dropped 11 anime series. when I look at them, it seems it was mostly just for a lack of interest in them. Though not all were for that reason.
    For listing sake:
    .hack//Sign - to be fair I only ever saw it on tv and missed some episodes that threw me out of the loop

Air Gear

D.Gray-man - Its all the main characters fault, he just seemed too...bland for my liking

Dragon Ball - The only reason I dropped this was I just didn't feel like putting the time into completing it

Galaxy Angel

Gokudou-kun Manyuuki

Lucky ☆ Star

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Soul Eater

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector - I think I may of dropped this either cause the subs were bad or there was just too much dialog and I didn't feel like keeping up with it all *shrugs*

Xenosaga: The Animation

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    I have dropped quite a few. the ones i can think of atm are Bleach, naruto, and dnangel.
    bleach and naruto i dropped just because i dont have alot of time to watch tv and dnangel because there voices annoyed me and after like the 2nd disk it got boring >.>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back