• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever felt like your Pokemon was a 'friend'?

Years
    I consider my Pokemon to be friends. Especially my Minun. I caught him and used him since late 2003. When I transferred him to new games, he is always in the first batch to enter the new region to travel along with me. He currently battles alongside my other Pokemon and is my main pokemon in musicals. I also brought him to this forum incase anyone didn't notice.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I have felt very attached to Pokemon before. I feel that way with my Meganium, Mismagius, and a few others. I don't know what I would do if I lose them. I kind of attach them to old memories that I have when I first got the game... The certain Pokemon reminds me of times I've had. Like my Blaziken, he's a level 100 and I've had him since I was a kid around 2003 or so. He's been around for so long. It's like a part of my past in a way and it's something that I just don't want to get rid of.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I haven't played my Diamond for months. I feel very guilty for abandoning my Roserade for so long. I love her. She's amazing.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I really like my Turtwig Grotle now. It sometimes feels so awkward.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I can't say I have felt it was my "Friend" but I have felt minor guilt for either deleting or boxing them away.

CharizardManiac

First Gen Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    Actually yes, I do usually feel a strong friendship bond with my Pokemon, especially those I have trained for a while such as my Charizard who I trained to level 100 in Fire Red along with my Nidoking and Arcanine. When playing I don't just think of them as pixels on a screen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    Early this year or either last year, I got my first Dragonite and got super attached to my Crobat in another game, and then Steelix, Dragonite, and Crobat were my 'homepeoples.'

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Yep ^_^ My Arcanine (who I've given a distinct personality), Rattata (In HG I raised one all through the jhoto region (including the Elite Four) and never let him evolve), Lucario (I was so stoked when I got him), and Gantoru (I can't wait to evolve him!). There was also Golduck in Platinum that, despite everyone talking badly about it and trying to get me to switch him out, I never did. One time, even, this is when I realized I actually cared about the guy, I was about to trade him for a starter, but couldn't get myself to do it.

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    My darkrai isvlike a best friend to me.If pokemon was real i know who would be my best friend.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    The Pokemon I use throughout the game are the ones I stick with.
    Never will I trade them out..
    Unless I'm EV training/competitive battling.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Yus', I'm N, afterall!

I totally love my Shiny Miltank, especially when she follows me around my Heartgold so much, I'm so attached to her ^3^

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Of course they're my friends! I've had a Kingdra that I've had since 3rd Generation. It's now in 4th Generation, waiting to be transfered to fifth. In 4th Gen it was a mere Horsea, but I EV trained it with all the IVs and now it's a Kingdra.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    ...Jeez, Rilence, thanks for the giant spoiler... > < /been trying to keep off of that sort of thing

Anyway! Yes. I have become attached to a number of my Pokémon. <3

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    in all the games with todidile i trained it to lv 99 feraligator and beat the game with it solo and in crystal i beat red with just feraligator but i feel attached to umbreon on my ds from pokemon xd

Back