• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever found frogs in your backyard?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Frogs are known to live in backyards with a good ecosystem. In saying that, not everyone has frogs in their backyard. Usually people can tell there are frogs there by their distinct sounds, although you may sometimes find frogs around ponds. Have you ever found any frogs in your backyard, or heard of any, and if you know, what type were they?

We've found mostly motorbike frogs, although there are a few that I've found, but I've been unaware of what type of frogs they are.

Years
  • A long time ago after I attended a relative's wedding, we had driven back to her house for a party. I was very young at the time, so I just went out in the garden and played with the kids. We were all looking around for something "interesting" that would beat everything else the other kids would find.

One kid found a twig, he prickled his finger with it and started crying.

Another kid found a pebble of an odd colour, it was both a purple and green tint.

The third kid found a little caterpillar on a leaf, it was fuzzy and very cute.

The fourth kid found an ant hill from just tripping over and landing on it. Yeah, you can imagine how that must have been like.

The fifth kid found a rose, perfect for her prim flower girl look.

And me?

I found a frog, a very moistured frog bobbing around in the bushes.

The moment I showed it to the others, they all looked on in amazement...before it jumped on the little rose lady's face and she had screamed and cried, frightening the poor froggy away. I caught it and ran off with it.

...and almost brought it home with me when we had to leave, but alas...it was never meant to be.

Uboa

Suddenly, UBOAAAAAAAあああああ .
    Years
  • Since I still haven't reached 15 posts, wikipedia > coqui. These little fudgers hang around every last home in Puerto Rico every night for the entire night, going coquicoquicoquicoqui. xD I've seen a lot of them in my backyard and I find them so darn adorable. D: They're tiny and cute and I wish I could keep one as a pet. xD Well, the fact that a lot of them hang out in the backyard kind of counts as petdom? o 3o;;

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Once when I was up at my Grandparents farm. I was about to go to sleep when a Frog leaped into the window and pounced off, then it sat right outside my window for hours, I fell asleep watching it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's actually not uncommon to find frogs on your property where I live. It's warm and humid during the spring and summer, and they're just hiding in the tall grass. XD

Just last week, there was one hopping around on my apartment patio while I was sitting there playing my DS. :P

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Well, once I was sitting out in my back garden with some relatives. I went up toward the back of the garden and I saw this red-ish coloured frog. I was a bit young back then, so out of curiousity, I went over to it and poked it, and it hopped away and scared the living daylights out of me so I ran back to my mum in floods of tears. xD;

Celestic

<3~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    I found a frog in my backyard once. It was a baby frog, it was so small and cute! I wanted to keep it but my mom wouldn't let me. :/

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • No, but we did put a frog in our back garden. Mum found him on the side of the road on the way home from work one night, and thought that if he stayed there he would get killed, so she brought him home and we let him lose in the garden. We still see him, from time to time. :]

Years
  • Yup, I've seen a couple actually. They probably live somewhere in my yard. Funny thing, we actually found a baby frog in my pool last week. We got it out in time before the chemicals could harm it. It was cute xD

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes I have a very big garden with a stream so there are always lots of frogs. Also I find frogs in the drain sometimes. I always free them!

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Dawww...I love frogs. But in the part of Arizona I live in, they're practically nonexistent. I've found and caught these adorable tiny ones in Barbados though. :3

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Not technically in our jungle backyard, when me and my brother were younger we found so tadpoles in a puddle of rain water while walking from school. I scooped it up in my cup and we took them home. We dropped them off in som water in the kitchen sink...but they got drained down the sink. ;^;

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • there are some, but not in my yard. their's a mini pond-like thing a little further back than my back yard, not on our property.

there are frogs there that i hear at night before falling asleep at a certain time of year, which is really cool, but i've never actually gone out to see them

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Lots of animals can be found in my backyard. Small birds, lizards, frogs/toads, geckos, and snails... Sometimes feral cats visit too xD

Frogs/toads are quite rare nowadays because it's not rainy season anymore :[

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I wish there were frogs in our yard, the only animal we get that's not my doggy is pigeons that my doggy eats like om nom nom (x
    Frogs are cute though.

Back