• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had a fight with your parents?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Not like a normal fight, I mean like a heated one. I got into a big fight with my parents once because my dad thought I would make nothing of my life and I said some words (Bad words) and I just got out of the hose and rode my bike as far away as possible (two miles away to the farthest park) and stayed there for three hours, but I came home because my Mom was really worried and she was crying. How about you? Discuss.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Who doesn't fight with thier parents?

Of course there are the serious ones,
    Anger blows off with time.

Parents should love thier kids, and not just let some argument ruin thier family love between one another.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I used to fight with them when was in my younger teens, but now I rarely exchange cross words with them. :3 Back then, it only resulted in me slamming a door and going to my room, so nothing too dramatic. XD

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    All the time.

Its gotten to the point were i just try to avoid them at all cost. We have very different views on things and its like they want me to be pefect at everything. i wright poems about our realtionsship. It might seem a little esilly and dramatic but heres one of them-

What do you know about me?
    You really think this is who I am.
    The perfect child, just following the plan.

You think that this is me,
    That this is what I want,
    To be the high achiever, to be your trophy

I crave to be a rebel
    I want to break the rules
    I want to get crazy, to be everything you aren't

You never had the chance
    To live a freer better life
    You never knew anything else but a perfect good girl life

Im gonna be wild
    But don't misunderstand
    I'm still a good girl, ive done nothing entirely bad

Because your idea of bad
    Is kissing boys
    So what I am now, is like being the devil in your eyes

You say I can be
    Who I want
    But if this is what I am, you give a huge damn

Ive seen teens
    100 time worse
    Im good in every ones eyes except yours

Nothings ever good enough
    Though I try as hard as I can
    But Im tired of it now, that life his gone and old

Ive different now
    Just except it and be done
    I don't give a damn how you feel, since you obviously hate me now

It's too late to be sorry
    For all the pressure you put on me
    I was pushed to hard to be perfect, that I broke, and it's your fault and yours only

Now I'm better
    I like myself now
    I'm outgoing, and less afraid of the world

I'm happy just being myself, without the wait of living up to you on my shoulders
    Ive got him now, even though you like him better then me
    But you dint know him either, he's different around you, to make you happy
    I love him, and he loves me we are perfectly matched

Ive broke free, of your controlling grasp
    Now I feel better then ever
    I know who I am now I have no doubt, this who I want to be, and I love it.

Its not that good.

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    Occasionally, but its never anything really major. It's happening less often now as I grow up though.

It would always be over something really petty though, like who's turn it is to help with the washing up or whether it was my turn on the computer or my sister's.. =/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, I actually cant think of one. I always try to keep a level head around my parents. ..Still cant think of one.

Even when I told them about my sexuality they just went "Okay" but had tears in their eyes..no fight though..that's good. I am pretty sure they are repressing it too because they keep saying I'll meet to right girl some day..or they are trying to make me straight..oh well.

There have been fights where I said really loud "I DIDNT DO THAT" or whatever and then I had to prove them wrong but nothing like what this thread is talking about..

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I don't recall ever a fighting to the point where we were both yelling back and forth. I usually just ignore my mom when she really starts to annoy me. Most of the time she's good about giving me my privacy, although she still has this nasty habit of barging into my room unannounced. >_>

Years
    We have those massive arguements every two or three months :/ I've learnt to deal with their bs and just get on with life. Its not worth trying to keep outta arguements especially with people that you're stuck with for the rest of your life due to gamate union :|

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Like everybody, I had a damaged relationship with my parents when I was a teenager.

Oddly enough, my mom got on my back all the time because I spent too much time to myself and my schoolwork and not enough time being sociable and going out with friends...o_0

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    My parents have yelled at me a couple of times, but I've never been in an actual fight with them, since I don't do anything that they have problems with and if they do, they usually get my brother's or sister to talk to me first, and if all else fails, we have a quiet discussion. My parents only talk to me if I'm in the wrong which is understandable. I don't argue back so I suppose that's how fights don't occur for us. My parents tend to stay out of my life or try to help me because like they say, parents know best. Even though I do disagree with them sometimes, they're still right. Though there is nothing that I hide from them that would make them angry. Being the youngest, I've witness times they've had fights with my siblings, so I know how to avoid any arguments.

But sometimes they do say things that annoy me, and I do rant about it. But in reality, what they say is the truth, as harsh as it can be and I've learnt to deal with that. My parents love me and they want what's best for me, even if they have odd ways of sorting a situation out because of the way they've been raised, but I can't argue with that. Some people might think my parents are harsh, in all honesty, I've seen worse parents. My parents can be a bother sometimes, but everything good about them reflects more then all the negative things they've done or said to me.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    Kinda. With my mom. She found out something about me that was 'bad' and said I could never talk to my boyfriend ever again and I was 18 at the time. I got so pissed, I screamed in her face 'You're keeping me away from my future husband'.

Later that night, after immense crying in my room, she told me I could still talk to him. :/

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I usually seem to fight with my Dad probably because he is disappointed that I'm not athletic like he was or that I'm a lazy bum and he expects me to do everything around the house. AND he always goes around the house SINGING at the TOP of his LUNGS random crap that nobody wants to listen to. And then I tell him to shut up and then he keeps singing and then I go find earplugs -.- But the fighting usually begins if I lie about something or I just ignore him.. I'm a momma's boy XD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I did back in my senior year of high school. I got in the car and drove off so I could get some space for a while (they were trying to pin something on me that wasn't my fault, IIRC). I drove to a park about half a mile away and tried to park. Turns out driving while angry in the middle of winter when there are three feet of snow on the ground and everything's icy isn't a good idea. I drove right through the parking area into the snow, and couldn't back out. I had to walk back home and get my dad to help dig the car out.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Unfortunately (and sadly) I've been in heated verbal fights my mother numerous times. I'm ashamed for my actions after these, but... *sigh* sometimes we just duke everything out. :( I've sharply cut these down by making sure I don't say things that can cross the line or simply shut myself off from my family for a while. (like, go to the park or beach) Usually, the next morning, everything is just fine. But to this day I regret some of my actions towards my mother. Through these experiences, though, I've learned a lot and gained more and more self-control and understanding when it comes to disagreements and arguments. Things have really turned around these days, and I'm glad. Also, not going to dive into specifics, too many and too personal.

Psittaciformes

~♫♪۞۩☺☻~
    Years
    Yes, I do get into fights, but only with my mom. They are not heated at all. This is because I do not yell back when I'm being yelled at. I might talk back in a rude tone, but never yell. My mom has a very shrill, high pitched voice, especially when she's screaming. Being shy and getting all teary-eyed at every single thing doesn't help much either. I would never even dare to raise my voice at my dad. His voice is louder than an airplane taking off, and he will continue to yell non-stop. It can get both very irritating and frightful. Most of the time I just storm outside or into my room when I'm angry, even just ignoring and not speaking to them for a long period of time. Our arguments usually (I'd say about 95%) revolves around things that I have to do and not what I can't do. I don't really have a problem with restrictions, just the stuff my mom makes me do. Interestingly, I've had the most fights with my parents during the summer, especially this summer break. I think the tensions between me and my parents will slowly but surely dissolve away when I go back to school...:P

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Honestly, I am very close to both my mother and father who are divorced. I feel I can have a great time with each and talk to them when I need to. Fights? Every day, I live with my mom and we get into stupid stuff and occasionally some serious things but that was back then and I have cooled off from then. No matter what, my parents would back me up on anything which I am very lucky to have. Growing up, I have grown mature and my temper has cooled. Although, when I do lose it and take it out on my mom oh man does it get pretty heated lol.

Back