• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had a Pokemon on your team just for its looks?

Years
    Rather than just get a Pokemon for how good it is, have you ever put one in your party or kept it from evolving just for its looks?

I have, I never evolve my Haunter due to the way it looks and I have also had a Pichu.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Once i kept my piplup from evolving, it was level 70 lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Voltorb back in the days of Blue... I believe I got it all the way to 100 without evolving it. Somehow I preferred the name and the look (as opposed to "upside down PokeBall" Electrode) back then. I still do prefer Voltorb over Electrode, to some extent lol

Years
    In my R/S/E games, I would evolve my Slakoth into Vigoroth, but never into a Slaking. I prefered how Vigoroth looked compared to Slaking.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    I have to admit, I had trained a Gallade just cause it looked really cool. There were other, more viable options, but I've liked Gallade's design ever since it was revealed in Japanese DP (at that time people used to call it Erlade).

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I have Zekrom on my team because it looks good to have badass looking legendary Pokémon on your team. I don't know why but it is. :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    In my entire Pokemon history, I think I've only evolved Ivysaur into Venusaur once or twice. Ivysaur is just too cool of a Pokemon to let evolve.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I have a Swellow on my Emerald team. Simply because Swellow looks so awesome and cool and cute etc o3o; but I really hate Taillow. ))): So I just train it the most until it evolves, because I love having Swellow on my team.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh gosh yes. Skitty, for one. I love how adorable it is! Espeon as well. I may not be a big fan of the Eeveelutions at ALL, but I love having an Espeon on my team, just to make it look better. Milotic is another. I'm a freak for the pretty/cute things.

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    Most of the Pokemon I like aesthetically tend to be powerful as well (Starmie, Volcarona), but in a few cases I've gone for a Pokemon that was just too adorable to resist.
    Delcatty, Altaria, Bellossom, to name a few.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, kinda. I don't like having the same colors on my team haha. It's unsettling to me. So yeah, I can't stand monocolor challenges because of it. I can tolerate it, but it bugs me so much. It's not so bad in older games because when you check your party, no colors are displayed. So it's not even a big deal there. But sometimes this will cause me to pick another Pokemon over another simply because of color. Pokemon racism?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yes, certainly I've done it in the past (as a kid you don't often know about stuff like stats of movesets of a Pokemon before you battle it or catch it). One strong example of this I recall is Tyranitar; when I saw someone else use it via Mystery Gift on my Silver I instantly thought 'I want that', and so got one and used it on my Silver (and later FRLG team) ever since, haha.

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    Pikachu is probably the only Pokemon I've had for it looks, I mean sure Raichu is better, but nothing beats Pikachu when it comes to being awesome! :P

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    In my second run of Black
    I had Scrafty, Gothitelle, and Chandelure due to my liking of them

I always get Pokemon such as Gardevior and Chandelure whenever I can!

Years
    @TwiDragon In Black I also use a Chandelure and Gothitelle cos I like their designs.

Gothitelle just looked so feminine was the reason I chose Black.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    @TwiDragon In Black I also use a Chandelure and Gothitelle cos I like their designs.

Gothitelle just looked so feminine was the reason I chose Black.

I really didn't think nothing much of Chandelure, but the gijinkas of this Pokemon are some of the best ones in my opinion.

Gothitelle, I like Gothorita more to be honest. I feel like that all she had on her was just more ribbons. Nothing too fancy (There could of been some really unique design with her)

Another Pokemon I would of used for looks would of been Liligant, but I couldn't last with only having a grass type attack and at end game a random fire type attack. She is better used as a set-up sweeper. Its unfortunte, she could of been a good team member. If only grass pokemon got to have some kind of gift like how fire pokemon got scald. :x

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah I generally have pokemon I like the looks of on my team like Altaria and such. Generally I pick a grass starter because I think they look the best.

Back