• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had an idea for a Pokemon that eventually became a real one?

ShineStrong

Hex Maniac
Years
  • When I heard about the 'Mystery Pokemon' in Platinum, I doodled pictures of what I thought they might be. I remember I made a microwave-like pokemon named Rotzi (weird name, I know) that was an electric pokemon. It had little jolts of energy coming out its sides and many buttons and switches all over it, so you could say it resembled Rotom. Even the name is similar! Anyway, I thought it was VERY coincidental that Rotom's Platinum forms are also based off electric appliances. :) HOORAYZEES FOR ELECTRIC APPLIANCES!

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Well, it's pretty funny actually. I remember getting some book about pokémon with all kinds of games that involved doing stuff like finding the exits of mazes, looking for the differences, tracing lines to draw your favourite pokémon and also drawing your own idea for a pokémon. What I drew was some weird water-type pokémon, that looked pretty lame to begin with. Only years later, after black and white came out did I find this book again to see the drawing I made as an eight year old. I accidentally created a concept of Oshawott.

RockinRiolu

Party time!
    Years
  • Before Platinum came out, I designed thousands of pokemon. One of which, probably one of my better ones, was a Basilisk sort of pokemon, just like Giratina, that actually had another form that was just like Origin forme. Then they brought out Platinum.

The second pokemon I made was a small pink fluffy cat that used the jewels in it's tail to change type, heal themselves, and also use a few attacks. Then I saw mew, and had to edit it because it looked too much the same.

Back