• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had your cards stolen?

DRIFTER667

Pichu Maniac
    Years
    it all started wen i put my card case by my foot (which happened to have my faverite yugioh deck in it)
    so im sitten in the library at school dualen my friend with my new weak zombie deck, and the bell rang,
    i went to grab my case BUT it was gone,
    i was not happy because that was my NORMAL MONSTER DECK!!!...
    so in short most of my rarest cards are gone,
    including my three blue-eyes white dragons which were all different... an original, a limited edition, and my favorite my promo (the one with earth in the background)...

so the even shorter version is if i find who did it they might "disappear"

dont worry this matter involves no one here (hopefully).

"it was probably the two idiots that were standing bye us"....

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    um....i guess this is supposed to be a thread where we're supposed to say something like "hey man, that sucks, i hope you get your cards back" or something. Being said, i really shouldn't leave this open because this is just spam, but since you're still a newbie, i'm willing to give you a chance. Just a tweak here, and a bit of a title change, and yatta! we've changed the point of the thread!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Some of mine were missing, but not stolen. 3 Blue Eyes? I have 3. Starter Deck, and 2 from Booster (Dark Beginnings 1 and Legend of Blue Eyes) Not my rarest thoug... I'd never take them anywhere! Not my precious Exodia, Destiny Board and Final Countdown deck!

If they were stolen, well... I don't know really.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Have I had cards stolen? Most certainly, yes.

Have I had Yu-Gi-Oh/MTG/non-Pokemon cards stolen? No, not unless you count a Sangan slipping into a recliner and going missing for two weeks as stolen. :P

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    It's never happened to me, and if it does I won't particularly care since I do all my children's card games over DS like a good little boy. XD

And as for you all... "Aw... That sucks. And I was just about to start baking some cookies too."

>.>

<.<

None of you will ever remember that very lame anime reference I just made. Kapish?

On second thought, though, someone did steal my trading cards once. Some guy walked off with my Chaos Emperor Dragon. I tracked him down the next day and he apologized and gave it back. Turned out the whole thing was an accident- he'd used Exchange to put it in his hand while we were dueling during lunch, so he accidentally kept it when he left. XD

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It happened at school-camp one day, and some little kid went up to a binder that had cards for trade in them, he said something like, "Can I have your Red Eyes," and a couple of other things." And I said will you trade. He said he didn't have any cards, so he said no. He then went off to complain to a teacher that I wasn't sharing. Later I found my red Eyes was missing. The next day I found him with a Red Eyes and the other cards, showing off to his friends. Thankfully I got them back, & the booger was grounded.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I was at a Yu-Gi-Oh new release convention in Virginia years 'n' years ago; we got the five new packs, latest jazz, had a blast. Went undefeated at 5 - 0 and after I finished, I noticed some of my key new cards had been misplaced. I then recalled the person who looked through that the winning deck and was very sketchy. When I questioned him with my friend, he stumbled 'n' mumbled eventually fleeing the scene. :| Whatever, really lame, but he only got off with like... five. Needless to say the convention/card officials did absolutely nothing since everything was new and I couldn't prove it. :/ Oh well.

Years
    I have never had any cards of mine stolen, not even one.
    Never left my cards out of my sight for something like this to ever happen.
    It is a shame what happened to you DRIFTER667

DRIFTER667

Pichu Maniac
    Years
    um....i guess this is supposed to be a thread where we're supposed to say something like "hey man, that sucks, i hope you get your cards back" or something. Being said, i really shouldn't leave this open because this is just spam, but since you're still a newbie, i'm willing to give you a chance. Just a tweak here, and a bit of a title change, and yatta! we've changed the point of the thread!

thanks digi-kun ur title works alot better. next time i start a thead ill think of everyone. im just used to my schools forum were theres no moderators of admins anymore.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    I was at a Yu-Gi-Oh new release convention in Virginia years 'n' years ago; we got the five new packs, latest jazz, had a blast. Went undefeated at 5 - 0 and after I finished, I noticed some of my key new cards had been misplaced. I then recalled the person who looked through that the winning deck and was very sketchy. When I questioned him with my friend, he stumbled 'n' mumbled eventually fleeing the scene. :| Whatever, really lame, but he only got off with like... five. Needless to say the convention/card officials did absolutely nothing since everything was new and I couldn't prove it. :/ Oh well.

Okay, I actually feel genuinely sorry for that since that's my home state. But yeah, big conventions and tournaments are things that I avoid since I don't think I'll win, and generally they're the best places to get your stuff stolen. It's safer to stay within a hobby league and play with people that you trust, which is what I used to do when I actually collected the cards in the days before Wi-Fi made it possible for me to duel people over the internet with WC08.

So.... here, one of those cookies I was baking. *hands*

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    I'm 16 so i don't collect cards anymore but some kid stole my Pikachu so i rammed his head against the kurb then took his cards too. That was when i was still in primary school and it was well-worth it even though it was stealing right back at the n00b. I then handed his cards out to random people, some of them were really rare including a Charizard which i gave to my cousin.

Nobody steals my Pikachu-kun and gets away with it. *Evil laugh*

K, going bed now instead of routing through Pokécommunity.

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
    One time, I got my Yu-gi-oh cards stolen Becuase it probably had good cards, and that was at school.. I was really mad and sad at the same time because It was my favorite deck and I missed it...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yes, I had a super awesome deck with super powerful Yu-Gi-OH cards.. and my brother stole them.. he denies it to this very day.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Yes. I was so freakin' annoyed, too. I lost my whole primary deck (a dragon one, and quite good too). Apparentely, they were 'accidentally taken' by a kid that a lot of people suspected for previous thefts and other stuff. The next day, I confronted him about it. I asked to sort through his cards, seeing as I had sorted through them the pervious say before my cards went missing.

'Lo and behold, a lot of my cards were there. But he insisted that most of the cards were his. He did, however, give me back the cards pretty much everyone in our group knew I had. (My original REBD and BEWD, Armed Dragon Lv 7, and Chaos Emperor Dragon (my baby xD)) But, I only got a few other cards from him (see, if the cards caused too much of a problem, they'd be banned from camp). I had to pretty much start from scratch.

However, some good came out of it. The stolen deck was pretty much a Dragon's Roar structure deck with a few of my own additions. After rebuilding my deck, it was much better. So, some good came from it. *Mumbles*

But yes, that does stink you lost your whole deck. I remember what it was like when I lost mine. I was pretty darn po'd.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    Yea it was in 7th grade and I had my yugioh cards with me and a 8th grade asked to see my cards he was huge so I let them see it and he was going threw them I got them back and checked my cards my blue eyes white dragons were missing and i could int get them back it sucked ;(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    By my mother who threw all my Pokemon cards in the bin without me knowing. >:0
    And to think, now I could be flogging many of them on Ebay for stupidly high amounts of money because they're from the original edition of the TCG...

Just a tweak here, and a bit of a title change, and yatta! we've changed the point of the thread!
    Lol, class. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    In my freshmen year there was someone who kept stealing everyone's cards, even if we had our backpacks right under our desk, somehow cards went missing. I lost some good cards that year, and we never caught the thief.

Another event, I didn't actually get robbed, I was stealing cards from a kid who has been stealing cards from me, and I got them, but I accidentally left my Exodia set in his box of cards.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    one time i was playing yugioh, and i took out a few of my decks to see which i would use. i picked one, and left one by accident next to me. so when im playing someone just walks past and takes it. i didnt see him take it. lost a buster blader, a few commons and a mis-cut holofoil booster-pack axe of despair (doesnt specify who's monster to tribute when it dies, and +1000 attack)

this didnt happen to me, but ive also seen a few people take/try to take people's graveyards while they are playing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I knew some guy who used Exchange and Monster Reborn to steal his opponent's cards.

With Exchange he's make sure his deck had a bunch of crappy cards and the Exchange card, so he'd play it and take the best card in the opponent's hand and the opponent would get a terrible one. They'd, about 90% of the time, forget about it and he'd get away with it. It was more like a forced unfair trade than stealing.

Years
    ex-best friend stole my first deck. it had card trooper when it was still at 3 XD. and my friend chris got robbed at a sneak peak, he had about $1000-$3000-ish worth of cards in there.

Back