• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever stopped your Pokemon from evolving in the video games?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    The only Pokemon I've stopped from evolving is Chikorita but that was when I was playing Pokemon Silver. I always stopped Chikorita from evolving into Bayleef because I wanted Chikorita to become strong without evolving and Chikorita is my favorite Pokemon I don't care for Bayleef or Bayleef's evolved form.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    All the time, if I like it as it is I don't evolve it. Heck sometimes I keep my Caterpie a Caterpie because I hate Metapod and Butterfree.

Shiori-Hikaru

Classy Pumpkin Cutie
    Years
    Really, the only pokemon I won't let evolve is my Haunter..
    Even though you hav to trade for it to evolve, still, I wouldn't ever let it.
    I just don't like Gengar anywhere near as much..

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This seems more suitable for Pokémon General since this is about all Pokémon games and not just the Advance Generation ones.

-Moved-

Jacob.McCool

Stratus-Faction
    Years
    I always let my Pokemon evolve and if i don't i use an everstone
    like I've gave my metang one because i don't like the look of metagross

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Only Shroomish in Emerald so I could get my sexy Spore/Sub/HP Ghost/Focus Punch Breloom, still my proudest breeding achievement :)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Yep. It was Piplup because I followed the Pokemon movie. But even though Prinplup or it's evolution is kinda... ugly [no offense Prinplup fans xD].

Vie

Years
    I stopped lots of them, because they learn new attacks earlier. and some evolved pokemon are so damn ugly....

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Nah, I've never stopped an evolution of any of my Pokémon. It was always my goal to get them to the last of their evolutionary line.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2008
    I know how to stop pokemon evolving if your game system is a Nintendo Gameboy. Just press B.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I know how to stop pokemon evolving if your game system is a Nintendo Gameboy. Just press B.

:|

Anyway...I only stop my level 66 Dragonair from evolving, just because I really like Dragonair. It's pretty. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Yes, and who doesn't know that?

I stop Pokemon from evolving all the time. Once with two Shroomishes on a Ruby file, I evolved one early and kept the other unevolved so I'd eventually have a Mindpuncher and a Sporepuncher (I love both... Breloom rules either way). Quilava in Crystal. My Rhydon's been enevolved for a while, but that's because I can't trade it. I may not evolve it intentionally, though, since Rhyperior is kind of ugly... Does a Dragonair, and Eevee, and a Quilava on PMD count?

Oh, and one time I kept a Torchic unevolved for a whole playthrough of Sapphire. I finally evolved it when it was somewhere around level 70 two levels in a row, after I'd transferred it to Colosseum. Now it's rotting away in my Diamond PC... >.<

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
    Why yes, I have stopped my Torchic from evolving on my Ruby. I liked Torchic back then, so I didn't want it to evolve. Later on, I got it up to Lv. 100, but I lost my Ruby and it's lost forever.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I'll mostly do that for the sake of making them learn moves that their evos can't learn. But then of course, I'll evolve them after they learn that move. I only once stopped a Pokemon from evolving because I liked it the way it was -- Squirtle. But I DID evolve it eventually.

Years
    The only Pokemon I've stopped from evolving is Chikorita but that was when I was playing Pokemon Silver. I always stopped Chikorita from evolving into Bayleef because I wanted Chikorita to become strong without evolving and Chikorita is my favorite Pokemon I don't care for Bayleef or Bayleef's evolved form.

A Chikorita Lover! Why have we not met before? Unfortunately, I cannot answer your Question because my Brother Controls the 2nd Generation. Unless that's Sufficient enough to be a no.

:t152:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    In Gold, I always kept Gastly from evolving. It was my childhood favorite.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    The only pokemon I can ever remember from evolving is Drifloon to get it to learn Ominous Wind at an earlier level so I could egg move it into a Castform.

Back