• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever used a Pokémon you got from an in-game trade?

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Does LGPE count? Cause I definitely used Alolan Ninetails all the way to the end ahah.

Years
  • The one that I probably used most was Kazza the Abra in Platinum. I had it with me for the first 5 Gyms or so, before I shuffled my team around a bit. Wasn't going to keep it in the party if it wasn't going to evolve into Alakazam.

Another one that I guess kind of counts is Eeks the Rotom from B/W. You can't make the trade until the postgame, so there's not really a lot of use for it there, but I ended up moving it forward to Alpha Sapphire, where it my ace in the hole 6th party member, probably from the 7th Gym right through the Delta Episode.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I used Dux the Farfetch'd Red/Blue. As well as the Onix in Violet City since Falkner gave me so much trouble with his Pidgeotto.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Lilil the Petilil (later Lilligant) was on my team in Black. *Sigh* I have so much nostalgia for that team. (How do you even pronounce 'Lilil'? I've always went with li'l-lill. Little-lil. I dunno, it's sort of an odd name.)

In the Blue Virtual Console Release, I used Lola the Jynx on my team - went out of my way to catch a Poliwhirl to get her. :) Apparently, in FR/LG, they changed the name to "Zynx" - aww, I don't like that! This Pokemon feels like it should have a weird, random human name.

I got the traded Arcanine in Let's Go Eevee, but I mostly ended up just riding him around.

Jacobliterator

Protector of Mr Saturns
    Years
  • Once. I used the Haunter you get in exchange for a Medicham in Diamond and Pearl. I evolved it into a Gengar just to spite the trainer who was all "Hey were you expecting a Gengar? Too bad, Everstone time!"

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I remember being totally determined to catch a Chansey in Crystal so I could trade it away for Aerodactyl. I was sad Aerodactyl was available so late in-game but it's better than no availability at all <3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I used both the Hawlucha and Noibat in USUM that you get from trades. Mind you in that run I rotated between 12 different Pokemon up until the last couple areas (then I settled on one team). In LGPE I also used an Alolan Vulpix (becuase you could get it earlier than those you transfer from Pokemon GO - plus my phone at the time wasn't supported with bluetooth!) Usually I do go with what I catch instead though.

Years
  • I've used the Onix in GS multiple times although it has never kept it spot on the team for long. I have good memories of the Steelix in XY though - its nickname was mediocre but since there had always been a lack of Steelix in my life, I was happy to finally use one in-game.

Years
  • I never use in game trades. I always prefer to use Pokemon I caught myself.

Those poor traded Pokemon's hearts and loyalty belong to someone else.

Back